Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Did anybody feel the 3.2 earthquake 2.8km south of Walsall at 22:59. I heard a rumbling wave pass through the house. Made the roof shake a little. At first I thought it must be a really strong gust of wind. But it was all quite calm when I looked out after it. Then  my friend reported it to me and it seems it was felt as far away as Worcestershire. 

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
24 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Did anybody feel the 3.2 earthquake 2.8km south of Walsall at 22:59. I heard a rumbling wave pass through the house. Made the roof shake a little. At first I thought it must be a really strong gust of wind. But it was all quite calm when I looked out after it. Then  my friend reported it to me and it seems it was felt as far away as Worcestershire. 

Yeah, i heard a rumbling noise but didn't feel much, so i just thought it was something outside, family felt a shake and also rumbling sound. Its here on google.

image.thumb.png.bd40cf53003b2c8c26b9b67178f0ebbf.png

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story

Edited by Sparkiee storm
  • Like 1

Posted

Just  be safe radar saying heavy   rain  in comeing 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A couple of largely dry days here, which we *really* needed. The Severn is now at 5.18m (top of normal range is 3.30m) and still rising, though fingers crossed it doesn't have that much further to rise. The modern-era record is 5.56m in November 2000, and it now looks unlikely that that will be broken. Still very concerning situation though, especially for people on the eastern bank where we still only have temporary defences, though those have been improved a bit since 2020. Quite a few people in that area are evacuated and sleeping in temporary accommodation tonight.

The only minor comfort I can think of right now is that we had similar conditions in Feb 2020 and then of course that glorious spring. A repeat of that (though without the lockdown!) would be pretty welcome. The ground is absolutely saturated so any more seriously wet weather in the remaining part of winter and into spring could easily bring severe problems back quite fast.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

I'm guessing the lack of activity means Thursday's snow is reserved only for Buxton as per usual this winter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

I'm guessing the lack of activity means Thursday's snow is reserved only for Buxton as per usual this winter?

SK4 getting pasted (sigh) again! thundersnow too, they're in for an amazing day/evening tomorrow

Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy L said:

Looks good for snow to fall to lower levels, to me. Even if little accumulates.

Posted

bbc giving here heavy snow showers! at 5 degrees? possible at that temp in March to May, but late Feb unsure

Summer style convective showers possible late Feb mind you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

5 year anniversary of Storm Doris, remains the most significant wind event for the Midlands for some time. Hopefully another Doris happens soon!

Has Birmingham ever achieved a wind gust in the 70's?

1.png

Edited by Midlander
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Wet snow falling here now.

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Midlander said:

5 year anniversary of Storm Doris, remains the most significant wind event for the Midlands for some time. Hopefully another Doris happens soon!

Has Birmingham ever achieved a wind gust in the 70's?

1.png

Hoping another Doris dosen't happen soon, but want an 'emma' and an Arwen

• Thanks 1

Posted

Very wet snow shower falling, dont see much chance of anything accumulating when it goes up to 5C in between any showers. Last night was all just rain, again failed to turn on the back edge. 

Just one morning of snow on the ground would make me hate this winter less.

• Like 1

Posted

The first inland convection I've noticed this year. A snow shower developed right overhead and has really increased in intensity as it's moved away eastwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Few flakes falling, another day of falling snow in what has been a miserable winter (in terms of snow!)

5 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Hoping another Doris dosen't happen soon, but want an 'emma' and an Arwen

I can understand why Emma, but why Arwen?