Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted

I still think Surrey Sussex kent could be in for some laying snow tomorrow morning! Temps will drop as the system gets closer and DP are marginally on the right side for now!

The next few hours are interesting it’s very 50/50 right now 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I had a little grauple shower at lunchtime, it cleared off pretty quickly and the temperature has really dropped now, I took this on my way home this evening 🥶

Could contain: Nature, Night, Outdoors, Astronomy, Moon, Sky, Scenery

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hurricanes, and my favourite tornadoes
35 minutes ago, BLS said:

I still think Surrey Sussex kent could be in for some laying snow tomorrow morning! Temps will drop as the system gets closer and DP are marginally on the right side for now!

Hopefully

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
36 minutes ago, BLS said:

I honestly don’t see it at the moment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, peeps, there mightn't be any snow, but the moon's quite bright!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

The high resolution models are generally in agreement for tonight/tomorrow morning 

Arome - Harmonie - Arperge and Icon all for 5 AM:

Sleet and snow across the region but perhaps rain nearer the coast especially the Thames estuary

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Chart, Plot, Sea WavesCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, DiagramCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, WaterCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person

Then for 1 PM:

Patchy rain across the region, maybe some sleet 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Map, Atlas, DiagramCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, PersonCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, WaterCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water

Then Wednesday evening/night could be very interesting with a switchover to heavy snowfall in places 🥶

A very messy picture overall though with any snowfall probably melting/washing away during daytime hours, which echoes the Met Office's thoughts in their youtube video earlier today

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hurricanes, and my favourite tornadoes
1 minute ago, Stabilo19 said:

The high resolution models are generally in agreement for tonight/tomorrow morning 

Arome - Harmonie - Arperge and Icon all for 5 AM:

Sleet and snow across the region but perhaps rain nearer the coast especially the Thames estuary

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Chart, Plot, Sea WavesCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, DiagramCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, WaterCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person

Then for 1 PM:

Patchy rain across the region, maybe some sleet 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Map, Atlas, DiagramCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, PersonCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, WaterCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water

Then Wednesday evening/night could be very interesting with a switchover to heavy snowfall in places 🥶

A very messy picture overall though with any snowfall probably melting/washing away during daytime hours, which echoes the Met Office's thoughts in their youtube video earlier today

Yeah it just feels like it’s gonna result in a very small if no snow for the south east 

Posted
5 hours ago, moogyboobles said:

Bit of hail in South Woodham Ferrers just now.

I think we might have had some sleet about 4am but I was half asleep and the lamp posts were turned off!

good to know they are saving energy 😉 😛  😄 

Posted
Just now, Tim Bland said:

I reckon St Evenage could get similar amounts to the Alps….

Could contain: Page, Text

and if my aunt was my uncle she would have a beard 🤣

• Like 2

Posted

definately chilly outside now and the moon is shining bright. temp has dropped down to -1.2c and dp is -2c. frost already forming on the wet grass so should be perfet base for when the snow arrives 😁

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
4 minutes ago, Bazza118 said:

definately chilly outside now and the moon is shining bright. temp has dropped down to -1.2c and dp is -2c. frost already forming on the wet grass so should be perfet base for when the snow arrives 😁

I love your confidence and hope it comes true 

Posted

Looks to me, like the air is simply not cold enough down South for anything significant or notable.

I'm thinking cold rain, sleet with a few snowflakes mixed in for much of SE England!

Perhaps, some wet snow settling on higher ground like the Downs?

Different story further North, where it's really game on above 200 metres! 🥶❄️

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

I reckon St Evenage could get similar amounts to the Alps….

Could contain: Page, Text

As long as I’m back from my meeting near Ely tomorrow afternoon, it can do what it likes.

Posted

I think there maybe some hugely surprised people tomorrow given the comments in here...I will leave it at that.

Or maybe I will disappointed. Won't be the first time in my 20 years experience

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
16 minutes ago, snowblizzard said:

Looks to me, like the air is simply not cold enough down South for anything significant or notable.

I'm thinking cold rain, sleet with a few snowflakes mixed in for much of SE England!

Perhaps, some wet snow settling on higher ground like the Downs?

Different story further North, where it's really game on above 200 metres! 🥶❄️

I really think the intensity of the precipitation could drop temperatures more than the models suggest, it looks very heavy coming in at the moment, could lead to lower dew points and more settling widely, let's see.

Posted

In otpington Kent..  I've never seen so much salt spraying going on.. some roads completely white.. not your usual frosty night salt spread density

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!
1 minute ago, TSNWK said:

In otpington Kent..  I've never seen so much salt spraying going on.. some roads completely white.. not your usual frosty night salt spread density

Seconded, i rode home from Haywards Heath about an hour ago and my bike is filthy now, definetly a lot of salt being put down tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Don’t think we have had an event like the one forecast the next few days . As much I would like there to be a reasonable covering  (12z ECM ) it does look more likely going by Meto that it be wet non settling snow we see in london area - we won’t know until we start getting reports as the low passes thru 

Posted

Nice clear skies and a frost forming at the moment that’s what we want!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter

Was hoping to see improvements on the Met Office app for tonight/tomorrow but it's pretty poor tbh. 2 hrs of snow following 5 hrs of rain/sleet.  As ever it takes a lot to go right in this corner of Kent and without an easterly component the odds are not looking too promising 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
22 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

I had the same experience on the m25 Coming up to junc 22 St Albans around 4.30 pm .2 large gritters  it was like a sand storm lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
3 minutes ago, East Kent Snow Desert said:

Was hoping to see improvements on the Met Office app for tonight/tomorrow but it's pretty poor tbh. 2 hrs of snow following 5 hrs of rain/sleet.  As ever it takes a lot to go right in this corner of Kent and without an easterly component the odds are not looking too promising 

Ignore the app, snow fall is probably the hardest precip to predict..it is unpredictable imo and can fall when sypnotics suggest different. 

• Like 1

Posted

It feels like snow coming in overnight to me - though there is the advantage here of a bit of altitude. Temperature down to 0.2, DP to -1.9 - well, we shall see what transpires, as always, the fascination of the weather.

Edited by andreas

Hi peeps

Well it’s show time and here we are again.  Dry here in Walthamstow clear skies at the moment and it is very cold. I was concerned on my way home this evening as pavement’s were still wet after todays rain, However they are drying out now and still a good several hours to go before any action starts. It’s going to br a long night. I will be commuting to Milton Keynes in the morning for the office so will have an opportunity to experience whatever falls out of the sky in both locations.

Looks like tomorrow evening is the real interest if we do get the heavy snow then yes maybe we could do well. Looks like an ever changing situation so everything even at this stage is in the air we could easily end up soggy instead of white. If the models keep shifting south then we could even be in the fun and games in Thursday, also hints now that the cold air will sink south again so weekend is still up fo r grabs. Some of the models this evening bring even colder air down towards mid March so who knows where this will go.

I hope we all get the snow ❄️ will be a bonus this late in the season fingers crossed for tonight and tomorrow evening.

stay safe all

regards 😊😊😊😊

• Like 3