Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Flash of lightning and thunder here near Heathrow just now

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Torrential rain now 😂 Weird! Just came from nowhere. We could see some amazing storms this week with any luck.

Posted

Yep, just had a really heavy shower here lasting for around 2 minutes! The smell of petrichor is incredible. 

Edit: another shower coming through, less intense.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted

wont help these folks ..totally missed ..

1641680.jpg
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

FIVE FIRE engines have been rushed to tackle a fire at Barton Point Coastal Park with people living near Marine Parade in Sheerness being requested to close their windows and doors.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Woken by heavy rain . This wasn't forecast but welcome .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

That was totally out of the blue, presumed I must have heard thunder and then wet stuff  appeared, as has been said, the scent of petrichor is incredible now here in Addlestone 

• Like 1

Posted

Watered the garden at 05.30 this morning 21 degrees, looking at gfs it has a high of 35 for me today, around London we could see 38/39 tomorrow it has 40 for my location tomorrow is going to be unbearable if all falls in to place, interesting still stays hot Wednesday and never gets back down to normal values and hints of high 30s again next week

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Mostly clear skies here to start the day, some very thin high cloud but that is it. 

So attempt number one for breaking the all time high. We should see good spells of sunshine, though again there will be some areas of high level cloud drifting through. There appears to be a few light showers towards the south coast, these will fade quickly I suspect once the sun rises and the air properly warms up.

Winds will start the day from the south west, but will veer to the south through the day, remaining light, perhaps moderate around some coasts. 

Temperatures - 37-39C. I wouldn't rule out a 40C purely because this is an unprecedented scenario. I would say it is 50:50 whether we beat the current all time record today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Beautiful morning in Surrey mackerel sky - surprisingly fresh so far doesn’t feel anything out of the ordinary yet ! As ever time will tell ….

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Woke up to this here, don't think it'll do anything though, just shows the instability from last night is still over us I guess.

IMG_20220718_064807_055.jpg

Posted

Good morning everyone - surprisingly we had about 5 minutes of heavy rain last night around 11.15pm here in Reigate.

Here’s hoping today won’t be too hot!

7 hours ago, Jezzer said:

That was totally out of the blue, presumed I must have heard thunder and then wet stuff  appeared, as has been said, the scent of petrichor is incredible now here in Addlestone 

Yes, we had this as well.

Posted

No rain here, went passed to the north and south as usual.

Already 23c here, cooler than I thought it’d be looking across the country but locally already very warm for 7am

B7511E44-7CBC-45FC-8C4F-313DD36A6390.thumb.jpeg.07c5bfa8d6a83bad4d4274fac0246114.jpeg

Edited by lottiekent
Spelling

Posted

Hmmm well sitting in garden it’s very fresh. Low here 13.3c . In my experience that’s too low a starting point for a record down here . My gut feeling is a maximum around 33c for where I am . Hot yes but no way close to what is being forecast . Just doesn’t feel like it’s gonna be a scorcher . I could be wrong but it cooler than yesterday here at present .  Currently 16.3c at 7:15 am 

Edited by snowspotter
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Wow, so some heavy showers and lightning mixed in overnight near places like London according to people here, shows that this system isn't totally dry with moisture in the air above about 15,000 feet so, theoretically that lifts the chances of a Storm Tuesday night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

All this hype about this heatwave wow. Trust me this summer is nothing like the scorching summer of 76. We have a lot of broken cloud here this morning . Temp at the mo  19C. Have not had any rain overnight.

Posted

Doing the housework at 5am before this furnace of a flat gets unbearable. Not sure which is going to be worse, our flat or my partner's office which is the attic of a Victorian building...with no air-con. Request to WFH turned down.  One colleague handed in his notice after the last heatwave saying the company has no duty of care for it's employees. Opposite in winter where the employees in the attic work at their desks in coats and gloves - it's Dickensian! Going forward, firms are going to have to take things like air con much more seriously.

17.c here currently from a low of 15.c overnight - comfortable sleep at least.  Quite eerie that there are hardly any trains due to reduced Chiltern Line services.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
4 minutes ago, TROY said:

All this hype about this heatwave wow. Trust me this summer is nothing like the scorching summer of 76. We have a lot of broken cloud here this morning . Temp at the mo  19C. Have not had any rain overnight.

I was waiting till someone commented that, sure it was longer but it only peaked at 35.9°C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Currently 17.6c here mid Norfolk at 7.30, which I have had much higher at this time on the max 30 days , so lot of warmth needed to break my record of 36.4c, that day it was 26c at 8 am, as other people have said lots of high level cloud approaching already…Interesting day, at the moment I think my record safe for today maybe, can’t see it happening at the moment 

7 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Cloud already rolling in at 7:40am from the west.

Have a feeling there will be a lot more cloud than forecast today. 

1507BF8B-3F3A-4D77-A976-90E7203B3116.jpeg

Same here , way to early for this to happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

For those concerned about the cloud, there is a great post from Tamara on the model discussion which should allay any fears.

Posted
39 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

Hmmm well sitting in garden it’s very fresh. Low here 13.3c . In my experience that’s too low a starting point for a record down here . My gut feeling is a maximum around 33c for where I am . Hot yes but no way close to what is being forecast . Just doesn’t feel like it’s gonna be a scorcher . I could be wrong but it cooler than yesterday here at present .  Currently 16.3c at 7:15 am 

Here’s hoping! On a day like this, I’d normally go into work (air con!) but my son’s school has an activity for them on box hill so having to drive him there and back!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Woke up to this here, don't think it'll do anything though, just shows the instability from last night is still over us I guess.

IMG_20220718_064807_055.jpg

Yep we have the same in Chessington with maybe something more substantial brewing on the horizon . Also all the roads locally have been gritted , perhaps snow is forecast 😂.

• Like 3