Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted

Cracking sunrise this morning on the east coast, didnt get photos as hands too cold to get phone out of my pocket, and a great solid frost, temp -2c, fog stayed away from here, but some mist around coming off the fields.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

A few misty fields on my trip so far 

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Another crisp, frosty winter morning. As Surrey says above, we're enjoying plenty of frosts so far this month. The fog was fairly thick as dawn broke, but has now lifted to give a misty feel to the views over the fields. The thicker overnight fog stopped the temp falling too much here, with a minimum of -1C.

1743524445_HadleighFrost18Jan22.thumb.jpg.36d7a4c1037d59b1f6c11cf02f3b3906.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Was expecting to wake up to fog this morning, However after another sunny and very frosty start it’s gone from clear skies to completely overcast in about 10 minutes here in Surbiton. 

Posted
1 hour ago, NYCSnow said:

Was expecting to wake up to fog this morning, However after another sunny and very frosty start it’s gone from clear skies to completely overcast in about 10 minutes here in Surbiton. 

I woke up in Sevenoaks *don't ask why lol* hard frost but sunny clear ..drive over hill (greensand ridge as locals say) so between north downs and the weald down to tonbridge...well couldn't see hand in front if me...proper foggy ..pea souper and frosty so must have been clear for a while

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Sparky68 said:

At home -2 and a sharp ground frost , at work [ Milton Keynes] 1c. Seeing reports that we may have snow towards the end of the month.

I cant see how, I know at the the moment it's sort of trying work out  what's going to happen but it's a bit inconsistant, that's a sign it's not got the foggiest. (Excuse the pun today )the high is always to far east or not far enough north east but like we know if it hasn't got clue anything could happen ..that is about as technical as a brick sorry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Cracking day here also.  Lovely hard frost for walking the dog over the former mud wrestling footpaths and fields.  Pavements a bit dodgy/slippery though.  Daylight brought a hint of Dickensian style, to the older village houses and their white rooftops. 

141035334_18Jan2022.thumb.jpg.c4d77c9e17b7a9626715b611f9728429.jpgMy conservatory certainly possessed a Dickensian indoor temperature early this morning!  (haven't used the conservatory since Sunday and cutting back on heating rooms we aren't using).  

Overnight low was -3°C at 06:32 and didn't get above freezing until 10:30am.  Currently 7.3°C with 83% humidity.   Until half an hour ago with a SSW 2mph reading, no wind has registered since the 1.0 mph at 2pm yesterday.  Pressure is 1036.7hPa steady and no rain has fallen since the .48mm on the afternoon of Tuesday 11th January.  

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 5

Posted

Coldest night of the winter so far at -3.2 last night.

It was a lovely sunny morning but the fog has rolled in again. Temp still only 1.5.

Posted
30 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Coldest night of the winter so far at -3.2 last night.

It was a lovely sunny morning but the fog has rolled in again. Temp still only 1.5.

Ours is just cleared bright blue and sun's popped out just a little left over castle hill Tunbridge Wells in the  distance 

Saying that just got home and low lying as I am by river it's still hanging on 

20220118_142120.jpg

20220118_144036.jpg

Edited by TN9
  • Like 2

Posted

And why I'm at it llooking at the gfs run out to end ..in northern hemisphere we must have the most stubborn high ever..other than southern Asia but that I guess that is  expected  because of landmasses and all even the Pacific high moves collapses rebuilds ..etc ..ours is like s**t to a blanket not a murmer squashes down is about it ..that's our trouble 

Edited by TN9

Posted

Fog has desended now with vengeance. ..must be to 80 -100 metres if that although it never really went from river valley 

Posted

Absolutely brilliant view of the misty fields here, what do you think about the photo in black and white as well?

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

• Like 5

Posted

Still an area in my north facing garden that has frost on the paving slabs and after two warnings for fog and not having any, tonight the fog is rolling in already.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Absolutely brilliant view of the misty fields here, what do you think about the photo in black and white as well?

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

Gorgeous. .lovely photos ..you still got telegraph poles out there ,no wonder your not over keen on the wind lol ..:-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunshine for a good part of the day, though finally some low cloud rolled in from mid afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
4 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

Lovely photos, I particularly love the bottom one for the delicate water colour wash effect.  Your black and white photo - when I saw it my first reaction was 'Oh this reminds me of pre WWII photos'  Then I thought about why that might be the first impression and why I felt a yearning sense of nostalgia (not that I'm old enough to have experienced pre WII landscapes; despite feeling that old after nearly 2 years of Covid impacting my NHS workload).  I guess that with no traffic, none of the (necessary but ghastly) road signs we see everywhere nowadays and with the more traditional over ground poles and wiring, this could be a photo taken many decades ago and has a timeless but slower pace of life quality.   Keep your photos coming please Eagle Eye - I love your creativity and how you record the weather, yet the photos also invoke non-weather thoughts and emotions as well   

Edited by Soaring Hawk
Feeble attempt at making sense...
  • Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

Lovely photos, I particularly love the bottom one for the delicate water colour wash effect.  Your black and white photo - when I saw it my first reaction was 'Oh this reminds me of pre WWII photos'  Then I thought about why that might be the first impression and why I felt a yearning sense of nostalgia (not that I'm old enough to have experienced pre WII landscapes; despite feeling that old after nearly 2 years of Covid impacting my NHS workload).  I guess that with no traffic, none of the (necessary but ghastly) road signs we see everywhere nowadays and with the more traditional over ground poles and wiring, this could be a photo taken many decades ago and has a timeless but slower pace of life quality.   Keep your photos coming please Eagle Eye - I love your creativity and how you record the weather, yet the photos also invoke non-weather thoughts and emotions as well   

Love the roads connecting to Woodchurch, they are very rarely filled with more than a few cars and big signs and so they can be made to look like any era and at sunsets all the colours shine through, as Pecos Hank and many other people say - "It's not about the camera and all its settings it's about being there at the right place at the right time"

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Another frost this morning at -0.6c then another lovely blue sky day, reached 8.5c barely a breathe of wind, long may this continue! 

• Like 1

Posted

Another frost here this morning also, low of -2c which rapidly rose between 6:30am - 7:30am to +4c! Evidently a small shift in wind direction occurred and very quickly made the lovely frost disappear. 

Mostly cloudy/foggy early then another lovely sunny afternoon with a high of 10.2c

Back to murk now & 2.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A couple of decaying fronts (occluded followed by cold) moving south east across the Region as the sun rose gave some of us a superb sunrise. The cloud cover stopped a frost, keeping the overnight temp at a min of +3C here.

851925134_HadleighSunrise19Jan22.thumb.jpg.bc30aede77509f65d06e46e1b4d6a70d.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The October Fog Index has been brutal so far this winter. No fog no snow and it looks like January is a right off as well. I have had loads of fog this month though, what does January fog mean?

Posted
12 hours ago, lassie23 said:

The October Fog Index has been brutal so far this winter. No fog no snow and it looks like January is a right off as well. I have had loads of fog this month though, what does January fog mean?

usually.. looking at the old records (only joking )never look at old statistics these days  means nixie ,50 years ago it was a different place weather-wise, foggy still periods will usually followed by roaring westerly gales ,to make for the stillness just every period seems to get longer ,except the cold 

• Thanks 1

Posted
14 hours ago, lassie23 said:

We need the grebes to show us the way

Up to 10.5c around lunchtime, now down to 4.7c and slowly falling further so I wonder if we’ll get another frost.

• Thanks 1