Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted

Expected to wake to icy roads/footpaths today, after all the drizzle made everything soaked again yesterday, but thankfully not icy, but a solid frost which was still in the shady places as I went out for the 2nd dog walk at 11am. No fog, after the warning, but sunny blue skies, temp 6c currently.

Posted
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

Expected to wake to icy roads/footpaths today, after all the drizzle made everything soaked again yesterday, but thankfully not icy, but a solid frost which was still in the shady places as I went out for the 2nd dog walk at 11am. No fog, after the warning, but sunny blue skies, temp 6c currently.

There was more low cloud and misty foggy conditions yesterday evening than this morning ,it was litrally end of the bonnet job yesterday  ..then nice if a little chilly this morning 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Chilly out, currently 4°C.  Room with a view - nice gentle sunset today

12 Jan sunset.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Went to feed the ducks today and it's the first time since november I was able to sit outside doing it as the sun still has some warmth to it, much nicer then sitting in the car and having my thick coat over my legs 

also went through a footpath that me and my dad were curious to know what's up there and unfortunately not much besides a golf course

1.jpg

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 5

Posted

Curiosity runs us into all sorts of dilemmas but you wanted to know  was up there without too much mud on your boots   the way you say the  sun still has some warmth to it  is as if we are in beginning of October lol ,its all down hill to summer now ,shame the sledge wont be needed to get there or will it nothing is nailed on ..which makes it riveting  

Posted

Morning

Another frost here this morning, a lot of -0.6c and currently 0.4c. Another lovely sunrise approaching too from the look out the window.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
16 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Morning

Another frost here this morning, a lot of -0.6c and currently 0.4c. Another lovely sunrise approaching too from the look out the window.

Absolutely lovely sunrise and rounded off nicely with some misty fields so far, detracts from losing my bus pass 

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

Days of thunder heard at my house in Pagham in each year from 2016:

2016: 10

2017: 11

2018: 12

2019: 10

2020: 4

2021: 9 (omitting 8th September when I was away and I could well have missed thunder on that day)

Days of sleet/snow at my house in Pagham in each winter period from 2015/16:

2015/16: 3

2016/17: 3

2017/18: 12 (estimated)

2018/19: 6 (estimated)

2019/20: 1

2020/21: 8

• Like 4

Posted

Another frost this morning, temp down to -0.4. It's a lovely sunny day now with the temperature up to 5.9.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

54 minutes ago, Harry's House said:

Days of thunder heard at my house in Pagham in each year from 2016:

2016: 10

2017: 11

2018: 12

2019: 10

2020: 4

2021: 9 (omitting 8th September when I was away and I could well have missed thunder on that day)

Days of sleet/snow at my house in Pagham in each winter period from 2015/16:

2015/16: 3

2016/17: 3

2017/18: 12 (estimated)

2018/19: 6 (estimated)

2019/20: 1

2020/21: 8

Days of thunder heard, most are estimates

2017 : 7 (2 ones with loud thunder, 1 over 2 days I think)

2018 : 20 (went to Florida for 2 weeks) without Florida : 7 

2019 : 5

2020 : 7

2021 : 10

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Mustn't grumble at this weather. Beautiful sunny days and frosty nights. The satellite image showing the Region under clear skies. (The dark on the top right hand is because the sun has set in the north east of Russia. Nice snow on the Alps and Pyrenees showing too).

1893960723_Satellite13Jan2214_00.thumb.jpg.6947f215555e3d029c631386500506bd.jpg

Jack Frost on my car windscreen this morning. I can remember enjoying those on the inside of the bedroom window when I was a kid.

211574895_Frost13Jan22.thumb.jpg.3bbb9f5912d48ba41eb12841f532ff01.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Surprisingly mild outside this afternoon with clear skies and temperatures hovering close to 10c, this despite an overnight frost. The forecast does suggest that temperatures will be colder tomorrow, though that will depend on the extent of any fog patches.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Surprisingly mild outside this afternoon with clear skies and temperatures hovering close to 10c, this despite an overnight frost. The forecast does suggest that temperatures will be colder tomorrow, though that will depend on the extent of any fog patches.

Surprisingly cold here today .

Frost this morning with fog, then a sunny, windless day to follow.

When I arrived home, I was surprised to see a decent amount of frost on the lawn, and the temperature at around 16:00 at 3.9 degrees.

Guess it depends on regionality quite a bit.

Edited by Jamess
  • Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Mustn't grumble at this weather. Beautiful sunny days and frosty nights. The satellite image showing the Region under clear skies. (The dark on the top right hand is because the sun has set in the north east of Russia. Nice snow on the Alps and Pyrenees showing too).

1893960723_Satellite13Jan2214_00.thumb.jpg.6947f215555e3d029c631386500506bd.jpg

Jack Frost on my car windscreen this morning. I can remember enjoying those on the inside of the bedroom window when I was a kid.

211574895_Frost13Jan22.thumb.jpg.3bbb9f5912d48ba41eb12841f532ff01.jpg

My kids think I grew up in the dark ages when I tell them stories about the ice on the inside of the window when I was young. They got a taste of it last winter when we had a gas leak and the boiler had to go off for a few days in December 2020!

Warmish for January here today too at 12.0c high. Felt quite nice on my lunch hour walk. Quickly cooled off as the sun went down and now we’re down to 1.6c. Looks like another frost again tonight

• Like 4

Posted
6 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

I was surprised too at the extremes today -

-1.7C the min this morning but 11.8C at just after 13.00. The weather station is in quite a sheltered spot though, that does warm up when the sun's out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

A beautiful orange Moon this morning , -1 and lovely clear skies. Hope somebody gets some photos of it.

• Like 3

Posted

Another solid frost this morning, could get used to these, nice clean walkies each morning, although this morning on the return walk, pockets of fog started to appear which hadnt been there 30 minutes earlier.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny, extremes either side (hot and cold), Thunder Storms
8 hours ago, Stroudley said:

I was surprised too at the extremes today -

-1.7C the min this morning but 11.8C at just after 13.00. The weather station is in quite a sheltered spot though, that does warm up when the sun's out.

My station is also fairly sheltered but as my garden is a a south facing sun trap it hit a high of 13.8C after a low of -0.7C, on the 12th it got even higher to 15.2c. 

Unfortunately my station needs to be located close to a fence due to the garden layout so it could have affected the high reading.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Elevation 1 m, 51.48 °N, 0.35 °E
Grays, England, United Kingdom Weather Conditions
Temperature at 08:55 is °-1C
Tonight 01/14 14% chance of precipitation / 0 cm

2nd Frosty morning in a row

Winds light and variable.

Pressure 1037.25 hPa
Visibility 11.27 kilometres
Clouds Partly Cloudy
Dew Point-1 C
Humidity 92 %
Rainfall 0 mm
Snow Depth 0 cm

Edited by Katrine Basso
Add more information
  • Like 3

-2 again this morning.. if we can get a frost from now till it gets colder again early next week this could be the most frosts in a row here since that easterly in 2018 I think, when we had 9 days of frost albiet colder than now.

Frost staying in the shade too, even though we are now above freezing by quite a bit, in part, due to low soil temps as little or no sun this time of year in sheltered spots.

Sun is now well and truly on the gain though now. With each day adding 2 1/2 minutes of daylight . Seems like not a lot but over 30 days that's well over an hour of daylight.. by end March the days are nearly 2.5-3 hours longer than in December.

It's a shame really as we do not aline well in winter with best time of year for snow vs absoulte solar minimum. Usually February is our snowiest part of winter here. However, by late Feb we have gained well over an hour of sunlight from solar minimum on 21st December.

Many times in February despite low temperatures, if you don't have cloud cover it's drip drip of melting snow as the sun really gets to work.

• Like 2