Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

The heat is starting to crank up in the Severn Estuary area. It seems to be the hottest part of the UK, currently.

Gloucester/Pershore were still up around 27 degrees well after sunset last night, I bet it's going to be a tough few days for getting sleep in those areas.

Posted
4 minutes ago, dr weather said:

The heat is starting to crank up in the Severn Estuary area. It seems to be the hottest part of the UK, currently.

Gloucester/Pershore were still up around 27 degrees well after sunset last night, I bet it's going to be a tough few days for getting sleep in those areas.

We've hit 29c in last hour. Did cool down by 6 this morn, at 14c. Be interesting to see if it cools, much the same, tom morn.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Got to 29.9°C and the wind direction changed to west, and the temp dropped 3° in 30 mins. I can see a lot of cloud towards the NE too.

Posted
9 hours ago, lettice said:

A high yesterday of 28.2c at 4pm
20c at midnight, low of 16.2c at 4:30am
Clear blue skies this morning.
Now 19c, 2-3mph NNE wind

Always interesting to compare your more coastal location with mine, I had 29.6 max yesterday but at midnight I was down to 17.5, and min 13.4 at 0550.

These kind of differences repeatedly fool the Met Office and BBC weather apps for here, they seem to have Fareham down as coastal (which parts of it are!) but NW Fareham is far less influenced by the sea, things like sea breezes arrive later (if at all) so I have to check forecasts for places like Botley or even further inland. I just don't believe the Met Office current app forecast of maxima of 29 on Weds, Thurs and Fri - that would surprise me.

And today, I hit 30 earlier before, before the wind direction swung from ENE to S/SW and pegged it back to 28 in mid afternoon.

Edited by DaveL
  • Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Got to 29.9°C and the wind direction changed to west, and the temp dropped 3° in 30 mins. I can see a lot of cloud towards the NE too.

Yup there certainly is

image.thumb.png.cac67e067c73ba379f9a7ba3e964afde.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
40 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Yup there certainly is

image.thumb.png.cac67e067c73ba379f9a7ba3e964afde.png

It ruined my full day of sunshine. 😐

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .

Very warm here too at 29C at 5.30pm dropped to 26C now , but still feeling warm n humid too. 

Cloud forming as well and a light breeze . 

Posted

Morning All, another Groundhog day begins, blue sky, no clouds, minimal breeze. After an overnight low of 12.6°C at: 06:20, currently 24.2°C, RH63% and a 7mph light breeze in from the E.

From above (like the rest of England) 

image.thumb.png.5163954ecb006b13d92a824a0856fc57.png

At beach level (not quite cloud free and the solo cloud exits right)

image.thumb.png.f369820a835d9162643f9d0c074ef1e6.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Yep, groundhog day.

The north-westerly flow forecast for next week is going to be a shock to the system after many days of 25+ degree weather!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Now that's more like August on the beach

image.thumb.png.d756fde2bee1dac264665a4ef0a582e3.png

Still not quite made the 30C mark with 29.9°C at: 12:30, As the wind has increased AND turned more to SE than E, things have cooled a tad since earlier.

• Thanks 1

Posted

30.2°C not long ago. It would probably be higher than that if it wasn't for the wind. It's aggravating once again.

Posted

31c here. Bored of it now.  Off to Yorkshire for some welcome relief from the heat next week. Grateful for the low overnight temps of 14 last night- and my Dyson cool air 😎

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .

32 C here , got a splitting headache today.  Sky crystal blue , lovely,  but I'm not good in heat as I'm fair skinned and a red head . Even as a young child heat and me weren't good.

However,  I still like the blue skies and light nights and early mornings,  so trying to enjoy it as it's  going to be time to prepare for the dark evenings etc .

I might try and get down to the coast tomorrow where it might be a little cooler . 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Somerset girl said:

32 C here , got a splitting headache today.  Sky crystal blue , lovely,  but I'm not good in heat as I'm fair skinned and a red head . Even as a young child heat and me weren't good.

However,  I still like the blue skies and light nights and early mornings,  so trying to enjoy it as it's  going to be time to prepare for the dark evenings etc .

I might try and get down to the coast tomorrow where it might be a little cooler . 

I love being able to sit out until late,I must admit,but anything over 28 is too much for me

• Like 2

Posted
59 minutes ago, Somerset girl said:

Do you drink enough to keep hydrated and try to prevent headaches? In the heat during July I was having to drink glasses of water even when sat still mid afternoon.

Also you must wear a hat and sun cream!

Posted
2 hours ago, Somerset girl said:

Sometimes it's case of figuring out where is the coldest place I live in to go and reside. My kitchen as it is back of the house has no sunshine, but it is the coolest place to sit when temps go up. My (converted garage) is the coldest place in winter, so needs warming. Figure out the coolest place (if you are at home), BUT IF you are a flat person, ignore my post, unless you live on the ground floor....

Talking of which my indoor temperature (not in the kitchen) is 27.1°C..😰a breeze would be nice

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

Best day of the summer here so far.  Classic gin blue skies, no cumulus infill malarkey in the afternoon, a slight breeze that you can feel the warmth of, and a pleasant 30C.  

Many days this summer I feel have either had large amounts of cirrus drifting about, or a lot of cu developing during the day.  Only today,last sunday, and 22 June have been cloud free all day here

• Thanks 1

Posted

An interesting night ahead locally in the sheltered village we’re staying in.

The cottage is pleasant inside, however outside the Met Office forecast for the village has a minimum of 20c at 23.00 with it actually rising to 21c after midnight and staying there until a rapid heat up after sunrise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

32.2 the max for today and lovely and warm long into the evening to sit outside. Gonna be a toasty night sleeping though.

Posted
5 hours ago, Frosty hollows said:

I love being able to sit out until late,I must admit,but anything over 28 is too much for me

3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Sometimes it's case of figuring out where is the coldest place I live in to go and reside. My kitchen as it is back of the house has no sunshine, but it is the coolest place to sit when temps go up. My (converted garage) is the coldest place in winter, so needs warming. Figure out the coolest place (if you are at home), BUT IF you are a flat person, ignore my post, unless you live on the ground floor....

Talking of which my indoor temperature (not in the kitchen) is 27.1°C..😰a breeze would be nice

4 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Do you drink enough to keep hydrated and try to prevent headaches? In the heat during July I was having to drink glasses of water even when sat still mid afternoon.

Also you must wear a hat and sun cream!

Thank you all, yes I do wear hat and  sun  cream and try snd avoid 11am-3pm well actually well after 3pm .

My cooling room is the front bedroom,  sun not round  until late evening and in a few weeks won't be causing problems so with pints of water I lay in there with curtains closed but windows ajar .

I went out at7.30 pm for a swim in mylocal pool this evening and that’s helped the headache  .

Mind you the car sensor showed 23C at 10.30pm in built up areas and 20C in between towns . 

Thanks again everyone:-) 

Posted
4 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Nice and cool ... 29c in my bedroom!