Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Eunice - 18th February

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

76mph at Hurn airport. That's huge

I know, i live at the bottom of the runway, every fence panel has gone, gate has been blown off the hinges and my metal arch has been twisted into some weird shape that can only be described as modern art lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Can we have reports and observations please not bickering. Hard enough to keep up with this thread as it is.

Agreed! Come on....lets chill and support each other in what is...for some....a very scary day

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

You said majority in the south are getting 50-60, my main bone of contention is your underselling it. Still here is a total list of all stations above 60mph, note quite a few have not yet reported the figures for the previous hour!

1. Mumbles (43 m)88 mph
  2. Cornwall Airport Newquay (103 m)81 mph
  3. Isle of Portland (52 m)81 mph
  4. St. Catherine's Point (24 m)81 mph
  5. Pembrey Burrows (6 m)80 mph
  6. Scilly St Mary (30 m)80 mph
  7. Plymouth MtBatten (50 m)77 mph
  8. Bournemouth (10 m)76 mph
  9. Camborne (88 m)76 mph
  10. Capel Curig (215 m)76 mph
  11. Cardinham (199 m)75 mph
  12. RM Chivenor (6 m)75 mph
  13. Alderney Channel Is (71 m)73 mph
  14. Biggin Hill (183 m)73 mph
  15. Milford Haven (32 m)71 mph
  16. Farnborough (64 m)71 mph
  17. Middle Wallop (91 m)70 mph
  18. Aberporth (134 m)70 mph
  19. Thorney Island (3 m)70 mph
  20. MoD Boscombe Down (126 m)69 mph
  21. Jersey Airport (84 m)69 mph
  22. RAF Odiham (118 m)69 mph
  23. London Oxford Airport (82 m)68 mph
  24. RAF Little Rissington (210 m)68 mph
  25. Aberdaron (94 m)67 mph
  26. RNAS Culdrose (84 m)66 mph
  27. Liscombe (347 m)66 mph
  28. Dunkeswell Airport (253 m)66 mph
  29. London City Airport (5 m)66 mph
  30. Yeovil (20 m)65 mph
  31. Guernsey Airport (101 m)65 mph
  32. Benson (57 m)65 mph
  33. London Southend Airport (15 m)63 mph
  34. Raf Mona (62 m)63 mph
  35. Northolt (39 m)63 mph
  36. Exeter Airport (30 m)63 mph
  37. Larkhill (133 m)62 mph
  38. St Athan (49 m)62 mph
  39. Cardiff Airport (67 m)62 mph
  40. Shoreham Airport (2 m)62 mph
  41. High Wycombe (205 m)62 mph
  42. Heathrow Airport (25 m)61 mph
  43. Southampton Airport (9 m)61 mph
  44. Weybourne (20 m)60 mph
  45. Sennybridge (307 m)60 mph
  46. Andrewsfield Aerodrome (87 m)60 mph
  47. Luton Airport (160 m)60 mph
  48. London Stansted Airport (106 m)60 mph

There are only about 10 stations currently reporting less than 60mph in the south, most of those are in Kent and EA, so safe to say they will probably join that list soon.

Lol  I understnd  that  its a nasty storm  im not denying that  but come on Kold    anyway  enough from me  hope all you get high winds stay safe

• Like 2

Posted

A wind gust of 122mph has been recorded on the Isle of Wight in what is thought to be a new record for England, the Met Office said.

The wind speed was reported at The Needles on the Isle of Wight

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Sara_south_yorks said:

Fgs whats with all the bickering and biting at eachother, its the weather, it differs depending on where your location is, just like peoples opinions differ too! 

Yes the storm is bad in the south, but it isn't in the North (yet, if at all) but that doesn't mean people aren't allowed an opinion or to make an observation from where they are located in the country.

Worse than a playground on here sometimes!

Agreed, according to Mark 'moderator' Smithy we're not allowed to report anything other than the catastrophic winds in the south. Anything else and you're a troll who needs to 'go away'.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

This is crazy, still no damage apart from one missing fence panel next door though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Of course I had to jinx myself. Literally 3 minutes after I posted saying we hadn't been hit that severely a very, very strong squall-line esque feature hit my area and chucked my fence over our wall and straight into the road. Luckily no one was driving though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Anyone know how regularly the NW top 20 lists get updated? Was hoping to see the Isle of Wight reading on it.

• Like 1

Posted

all this bickering is a joke and I got my post removed earlier for saying someone was trolling. as usual it looks like not what you say but who you are dictates the mods reaction. it's still just a normal windy day atm here is stoke but you guys in the south that are having to ride the brunt of the storm. if your in it it's bad that should be enough for anyone not "enjoying" the storm. as if your in it I'm sure it's not "enjoyable stay safe south coasters

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Eh  thats 20 weather stations  out of how many in the south at the moment    most areas are still not  near 70 mph 

We maybe getting mid to high 60's in Exeter, Devon...really really strong gusts and it's been like this for 4 hours, lots of small branches down.  It's definitely one of the strongest storms since 2014.  I think it's mostly near to the coasts getting to 70mph + gusts and some inland areas of south east.

Netweather and Met office were on the ball as far as forecasted gusts for Exeter concerned as the peak gusts they forecast us were 65mph, BBC forecasted us 81...

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Lol  I understnd  that  its a nasty storm  im not denying that  but come on Kold    anyway  enough from me  hope all you get high winds stay safe

The truth probably as normal lies in the middle, it isn't end of the world stuff for most, though no doubting its a severe system, equally I stand by my statement that your underselling it.

Thankfully due to being sheltered here its not as bad as it will be for places further north/south, still got branches coming down and power flickers, etc.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Trolling?  ive been on this forum for many years and always call it how i see it   if you think this is  or is going to be a huge storm  then good luck to you   i agree some areas in populated areas will get to 70mph   a nasty storm yes   but the hyperbole is un warranted   in my opinion   we have had pictures of roof tiles off  fences down  dont go out orders because a tree is swaying   fact is this storm at present looks like it isnt going to as severe as forecast  if for stating my opinion is classed as trolling  then so be it.    

You're not trolling, just giving an opinion. I'm in Bristol, we had an hour of high winds, 50-60 mph locally. Nothing untoward IMO, but other places have had it worse. Red warning, not for me but again its only an opinion. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.
1 hour ago, Midlander said:

Always great to watch, a BA Dreamliner made 3 attempts to land and now is diverting to Geneva, Switzerland - wouldn't want to be on that flight!

got him playing on my big TV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Sensing the worst may be over for the Solent. I hope so, otherwise a whole roof might blow off on my street.

If so, looks like gusts were between 70mph and 80mph for 2 solid hours, with reports of gusts up to 89mph from local and usually reliable sources.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

Above posted yesterday not sure where from

Bude Tree down today

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

My observation as of 12:17GMT in Worthing: It is a little bit breezy.

Most bins remain upright but a few have fallen foul of the breeze. 

Trees remain rooted to the ground

Power remains on although there have been a few flickers. 

I am expecting the strongest breeze between now and 2pm 

Edited by tomp456
  • Like 1

Posted

Media now leading on the Met Office release that this storm is the strongest ever recorded in England

skynews-sky-news-breaking-news_5673559.j
NEWS.SKY.COM

A wind gust of 122mph has been recorded on the Isle of Wight in what is thought to be a new record for England, the Met Office said.
maxresdefault.jpg
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Storm Eunice has brought England's highest ever recorded gust of wind of 122mph on the Isle of Wight, the Met Office has said.
54351747-0-image-a-108_1645171907484.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The two red warnings run from 7am until 12pm in the South West and 10am until 3pm in the South East with forecasters concerned over 'flying debris resulting in danger to life'.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
1 minute ago, Eagle Eye said:

Oh my, round my friends now and...

That's the wind doing the screaming there 

20220218_120552192.thumb.jpg.5be85441116449396c60996c34d41a41.jpg

Not trying to belittle anyone's damaged but those sort of fence panels are always the first to go and looking at the trees it doesn't look anymore than about 55 - 60mph. I haven't seen any vids that look more than about 70 so far. At 80mph trees are almost fully bent over or flapping around wildly...

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Trolling?  ive been on this forum for many years and always call it how i see it   if you think this is  or is going to be a huge storm  then good luck to you   i agree some areas in populated areas will get to 70mph   a nasty storm yes   but the hyperbole is un warranted   in my opinion   we have had pictures of roof tiles off  fences down  dont go out orders because a tree is swaying   fact is this storm at present looks like it isnt going to as severe as forecast  if for stating my opinion is classed as trolling  then so be it.    

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but equally if that opinion is clearly nonsense others are entitled to treat it with the contempt i deserves.   74 mph at Hun airport, 70 mph widely in populated areas.  75 + is hurricane force.   What the hell were you expecting from today?   We dont live in hurricane alley, 70+ winds in populated areas is a huge event for this country.        So yes express an opinion, but if it so clearly flies in the face of fact, expect ridicule.

• Like 6