Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
2 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Oh brilliant more crap boring nothingness.

On a storm front you are probably correct on a settled spell of late summer weather not sure what the issue is?like a good storm myself just like I love the snow in winter,unfortunately both are becoming a rarity especially for this region.

• Like 5

Posted

Blue on the rain radar this summer seems to equal light drizzle or a spot of rain at best. It's blue over me last hour yet barely anything falling. 

• Like 5

Posted
32 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Development over North Wales behind the drizzly band. Maybe a chance later?

I take it back. Fizzing out very quickly, just another blue disappointment soon I daresay.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Most models suggesting precipitation will arc around to avoid the NW region again tomorrow. Onshore flow doing its thing once again. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

The temperature may be several degrees lower today, but it has been overcast and extremely humid all day, so very uncomfortable out, 80-90% humidity throughout. A period of moderate rain this morning only produced 0.8mm of rain. I thought there would be more judging by the radar. I'm certainly looking forward to the fresher air after tomorrow.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

The temperature may be several degrees lower today, but it has been overcast and extremely humid all day, so very uncomfortable out, 80-90% humidity throughout. A period of moderate rain this morning only produced 0.8mm of rain. I thought there would be more judging by the radar. I'm certainly looking forward to the fresher air after tomorrow.

Later in the week we should see some proper frontal rain, not this spotty stuff from weak convection.. roll on the Atlantic.

• Like 4

Posted

Apart from a few very distant flashes out west at around 11.00 pm another big thundery fail, yet again,   and was totally expected from me ,  as is mostly the case thesedays 

I suppose seeing a handful of very distant flashes at dusk is about as good as it gets ,  I should count myself lucky I saw those 

• Like 4

Posted

3 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Later in the week we should see some proper frontal rain, not this spotty stuff from weak convection.. roll on the Atlantic.

Indeed, the Atlantic will be welcomed with open arms, though I'm not sure how much rain we'll actually see to be honest, not convinced there will be anything significant in the short to medium term (here at least).

• Like 3

Posted
43 minutes ago, davehsug said:

I take it back. Fizzing out very quickly, just another blue disappointment soon I daresay.

Yes , you should have known better ! 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, severe snowstorm said:

Indeed, the Atlantic will be welcomed with open arms, though I'm not sure how much rain we'll actually see to be honest, not convinced there will be anything significant in the short to medium term (here at least).

Agree and it looks like more Azores high boredom towards the end of August. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Oh if only this Met office text forecast was near the Mark. Long gone are the days though when I would trust it. If there wasn’t a nw wind I might give it some credence but I am sceptical.

Headline:

Showers and thunderstorms in places over the next few days.

This Evening and Tonight:

Thunderstorms and heavy showers are likely in some parts of the region this evening, however these will be hit-and-miss and some places may remain dry. Becoming drier for most overnight, but the odd shower remains possible. Another warm night. Minimum temperature 12 °C.

Tuesday:

Many places starting the day largely dry, however heavy showers and thunderstorms developing through the day. Slow-moving torrential downpours are likely with hail and flash flooding a possibility in places. Maximum temperature 23 °C.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Oh if only this Met office text forecast was near the Mark. Long gone are the days though when I would trust it. If there wasn’t a nw wind I might give it some credence but I am sceptical.

Headline:

Showers and thunderstorms in places over the next few days.

This Evening and Tonight:

Thunderstorms and heavy showers are likely in some parts of the region this evening, however these will be hit-and-miss and some places may remain dry. Becoming drier for most overnight, but the odd shower remains possible. Another warm night. Minimum temperature 12 °C.

Tuesday:

Many places starting the day largely dry, however heavy showers and thunderstorms developing through the day. Slow-moving torrential downpours are likely with hail and flash flooding a possibility in places. Maximum temperature 23 °C.

Yep no idea why they’ve written that text for our region. All it does is rub salt into the wound of what we’ll be missing out on.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 3

Posted

Bbc shows rain all night here and much of tomorrow morning at least. Met office one light drop of rain one hour same time period. Met office forecasts are worse than bbc nowadays,  changed on an hourly basis. I used to give it credence not anymore. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

It may be welcomed by you, but I have plenty of room for more summer thanks 😊 

• Like 2

Posted
38 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

It actually feels cooler to me, today. Your humidity looks high

I've got 66%, Manchester Airport has 66%, 69% for Liverpool Airport

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, davehsug said:

It may be welcomed by you, but I have plenty of room for more summer thanks 😊 

Well it looks like you'll get your wish come the end of the month. Right now, I'm just looking forward to flushing the excess warmth out of the house. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for sunny weather in the summer, just not the intense heat of the past couple of heatwaves.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
21 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Agree and it looks like more Azores high boredom towards the end of August. 

Don't mind if it's not too hot! it's this Sunday I'm dreading, washout/write off

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

It actually feels cooler to me, today. Your humidity looks high

I've got 66%, Manchester Airport has 66%, 69% for Liverpool Airport

Sat at 80% humidity right now. There is the odd spot of rain in the air (slightly damp), perhaps that is having an impact on the reading? It certainly felt incredibly heavy out when I went for my walk before, very sticky.

• Like 2

Posted
34 minutes ago, IanR said:

Apart from a few very distant flashes out west at around 11.00 pm another big thundery fail, yet again,   and was totally expected from me ,  as is mostly the case thesedays 

I suppose seeing a handful of very distant flashes at dusk is about as good as it gets ,  I should count myself lucky I saw those 

I saw those from here between 12 and 2am although I was out looking for any perseid meteors at the time, what got my immediate attention was a bright flash to my left that seemed to illuminate the whole cloud and wondering what it was before quickly pulling up the NWRadar on the phone and seeing the developments over the Irish Sea. Nothing as bright again after that but even from 60 miles away I could see the faint lightning occasionally pulsing away.

Unfortunately nothing as good as that (so far) today with this pesky cloud-cover and humidity, occasional glimpses of the sun has me hoping that some CAPE might build but it's a dud unless anything unexpected happens. Maybe a slight chance tomorrow but sods-law i'm at work dropping off a few things so haven't got the luxury of being freely available to chase around.

Edited by SNOW_JOKE
  • Like 3

Posted

Convective developments over central and North Wales recently. 

• Like 2

Posted

Another from the Time Tunnel

X3MkOk6.png

From the Liverpool Echo of 5th September 1995 of the floods that hit Merseyside. Remember this well, it tipped it down here on the night of the 4th September, it was the heaviest rain I have seen for weeks, probably since the thunderstorms of 11th July 1995.    If I recall rightly, the warmer than average waters of Liverpool Bay were blamed on this event.

The forecasters got panned for not forecasting this

8urUx2F.jpg5XVaQCe.jpgoFJSDSQ.jpg      s2IfD9i.jpg

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 8

Posted
8 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

Convective developments over central and North Wales recently. 

That will fizzle soon before it goes anywhere ,   nothing will happen in  NW England

doing the reverse psychology,  but we really know nothing will happen in the NW 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I’m watching the distance of every strike in North Wales praying for it to get closer. Down to 52 km.

• Like 2