Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

31c sun with wispy light cloud ⛅️ turning it humid & hazy lovely but too hot to be out in for long. 

• Like 5

Posted

That’s got to be the hottest match car said 39c on it when we got back to car just now… 

lots of free water and had to come in at half time as sooo hot sat in sunshine ☀️ 

luckily put factor 30/50 on phew 🥵 

B836E97C-4AAC-434F-8A5D-B1183BA04823.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It’s coming to something when I say I’m disappointed that we only reached 30c here and I didn’t quite beat Thursdays effort.

It just shows how our expectations have changed although I suppose at the other end of the scale, a couple of inches of snow can be the highlight of a winter.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Finally risen a bit more here, now 30.9°C. Can’t be far from the max now.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A final surge in the temperature going on here, just reached 31.9C, hottest day of the week now.

• Like 4

Posted

31.9C was the max temperature here in the end. Currently 31.2C. I'm sat out in the garden, but feels even warmer than the same time yesterday, probably owing to the fact there is not a breath of wind. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Watched a fair few aircraft coming into Manchester over the last few evenings but when it makes the final turn over here and especially with the sun on it, nothing much beats the site of the daily emirates A380 from Dubai.

Done a lot of flying including several Altlantic crossings on the Boeing 747 but not managed the A380 yet, hopefully one day.

99768D8E-9DE3-4CA9-9692-CB7CE5C93F6F.jpeg

Edited by iand61
  • Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

Watched a fair few aircraft coming into Manchester over the last few evenings but when it makes the final turn over here and especially with the sun on it, nothing much beats the site of the daily emirates A380 from Dubai.

Done a lot of flying including several Altlantic crossings on the Boeing 747 but not managed the A380 yet, hopefully one day.

99768D8E-9DE3-4CA9-9692-CB7CE5C93F6F.jpeg

I've just seen that same jet overhead two minutes ago, doing it's final turn into Manchester Airport, so was only a couple of thousand feet up, quite a roar.

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

I've just seen that same jet overhead two minutes ago, doing it's final turn into Manchester Airport, so was only a couple of thousand feet up, quite a roar.

Amazing how quick an aircraft can cover the miles, even when it’s slowed right down to land.

it would take me well over an hour to get to your place in the car although not much other traffic about up there I suppose😂

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Amazing how quick an aircraft can cover the miles, even when it’s slowed right down to land.

it would take me well over an hour to get to your place in the car although not much other traffic about up there I suppose😂

Yeah, I guess they are doing well in excess of 150mph at their 'slow' landing speed. Planes aren't usually that low down here as they are normally landing towards the South-West, but given the East/NE wind direction these past couple of days or so, there are a lot more than usual swinging into the airport from this direction. Where I used to live in Stalybridge, I was smack bang below the predominant flight path into the airport, some used to be well low down.

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

Yeah, I guess they are doing well in excess of 150mph at their 'slow' landing speed. Planes aren't usually that low down here as they are normally landing towards the South-West, but given the East/NE wind direction these past couple of days or so, there are a lot more than usual swinging into the airport from this direction. Where I used to live in Stalybridge, I was smack bang below the predominant flight path into the airport, some used to be well low down.

Aye when we’re decending into Manchester, and we seldom fly from anywhere else; they do seem to mainly come in over Tameside.

I’ve only ever flown and seen my own house once and that was actually coming into land at Liverpool.

we’re pretty much under the main take off route from Leeds Bradford but, although Thomas Cooke dumped us there once due to “operational reasons” i’ve never flown from it.

Edited by iand61
Spelling
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Another hot one, probably a bit cloudier tomorrow might take the edge off the high temps a bit. 29C in the living room. 🥵

• Like 6

Posted
4 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Another hot one, probably a bit cloudier tomorrow might take the edge off the high temps a bit. 29C in the living room. 🥵

Expecting tomorrow to be slightly cooler. Today peak of the heat. However more humidity tomorrow so may well feel more uncomfortable.. roll on Tuesday please..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

20.4C outside at the moment and we're surrounded by fields. You can add another 2 or 3C for the more built up parts of Greater Manchester. Looks like it will get off to a warm start if the cloud hangs around all night. But that same cloud might make it a cooler day overall.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Left Newquay 11.55, back home 19.25. Came across a few clouds as I headed North, having not seen any for 9 days.

Temps varied over the 330 miles but 35 to 36 °C was the general value whilst driving and for about 15 minutes around Gloucester it peaked at 37°C. Thank the lord for air conditioning.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

The heat is starting to make me feel ill now. Just no escaping it. I think it's the cumulative nature of this wave. Felt OK first few days but I've been having to walk to work during the hottest part of the day for the past 4 days (1.5 mile) and it's catching up with me. Feel hot and drained with a touch of that horrid heat nausea.

To feel a cool breeze on my skin would be something right now. Definitely investing in an air conditioner for next year!

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Looks like my fears of a lack of storms for Monday may be realised-

Monday:

Remaining very warm although skies will be cloudier than of late. Some scattered thunderstorms will develop, especially in the north, but many places will remain dry throughout. Maximum Temperature 26 °C.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well lots of CAPE and instability showing on WRF; indeed it’s quite remarkable how much there is and how long it lasts. Question is will we have a trigger and will the onshore winds at the surface make a difference. It is still reluctant to show any precip until Tuesday morning.
This evening is intriguing with a sea breeze convergence zone setting up at the coast.

• Like 5

Posted

I jinxed it. 0Z is terrible after today

• Like 3

Posted

Another warm night with the minimum temperature higher again than the previous night, a low of 15.3C. Signs of instability with a bit more cloud around this morning, but another hot day today. I'm looking forward to the more comfortable, fresher weather which will hopefully arrive Tuesday/Wednesday to provide some relief and to allow normal activities to resume. 

• Like 5

Posted

not expecting any tstorms here ,  they are just so hard to materialise thesedays ,  temps like this at the surface a decade or two ago would have set them off without much fuss  , whats changed .  warmer air aloft ?   give up trying to find answers,  but something is changing 

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, IanR said:

not expecting any tstorms here ,  they are just so hard to materialise thesedays ,  temps like this at the surface a decade or two ago would have set them off without much fuss  , whats changed .  warmer air aloft ?   give up trying to find answers,  but something is changing 

Warmer air aloft possibly but the recurring theme recently seems to be the Azores high ridging in straight away behind every plume which gives us a north-westerly and settles things down. I guess you could say the Hadley cell looks like it’s expanding.

just look at how many polar maritime post frontal sunshine and showers days we get now. We are lucky if we get 2 a year (25th June only example from this year). We used to get loads of them every year. Best ones I’ve ever seen are 14th July 2010; 9th May 2008, 10 June 2014.

• Like 5

Posted

Bedroom temp has been a steady 25° during the night, last night was 28°.  Temp at 1am was 20°, sat at the back door for a little while, despite the moons brightness, I saw 3 Perseids.  According to airport TAF min was 17°.  Nice to see a few bits of cloud about, stunning start to another day, current temp 22°.  @Had Worse glad you back safe even though it was a hot, long journey home, hope you've brought us all a pasty, 🤣🥟

• Like 5