Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Reached a nice round 30c here although that’s cool compared to the bedroom which was 33c when I got home and opened the blind and windows to let the heat out.

Gonna be fun trying to sleep tonight with the fan blowing warm air at me😩

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Hit 32°C inland and 29°C at Harlyn Bay. Was supposed to be going to Perranporth for a birthday curry ( 2nd youngest) but we felt it was too hot to leave the dog in the car (20.30) so we opted for a takeaway instead. 

Picture of Harlyn Bay beach attached. 

20220811_122833.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Reached a nice round 30c here although that’s cool compared to the bedroom which was 33c when I got home and opened the blind and windows to let the heat out.

Gonna be fun trying to sleep tonight with the fan blowing warm air at me😩

Yes experience tells me curtains and blinds shut makes little difference to cooling the room. For here before we got air con I think it actually made it more stuffier shutting them both as the heat seemed to build around the window and it still escaped into the room eventually. I think the sun on brickwork seems to be a big culprit at heating our homes as well. Look at Spain they whitewash their homes as it doesn't attract the sun.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

31.3°C at home today.

Sunday looking hot hot hot on WRF. 33.8 C at 1 pm in my location which is as far out as it goes atm.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Thunder chances after Saturday evening

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
22 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Yes experience tells me curtains and blinds shut makes little difference to cooling the room. For here before we got air con I think it actually made it more stuffier shutting them both as the heat seemed to build around the window and it still escaped into the room eventually. I think the sun on brickwork seems to be a big culprit at heating our homes as well. Look at Spain they whitewash their homes as it doesn't attract the sun.

I tried the method of keeping curtains and windows shut a while back and it just made things worse, got incredibly warm and stifling in the bedroom. I do have blackout curtains, but perhaps they are not quite good enough. I usually have curtains closed but windows open. It's still just as warm, but at least it's less stuffy as the air can move through. Ventilation, even if warm air, is better than none. It's good to try and get cross ventilation going as much as possible, although the wind is so light at the moment it is difficult to achieve anything significant.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
26 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

yeah I quickly discovered that myself.
It might work in older houses with big thick stone walls or in new ones where insulating is an important part of the design but with a crappy 70’s dormer build that faces south like mine, you either roast or freeze.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Stunning couple of days away in York  with the wife the east is so brown but so nice to have a few beers in ye old York pubs in glorious sunshine 

• Like 7

Posted

Whilst the July spell 18-19th brought higher temps.. this current spell for me is as good as it gets the Lake District. Mid to high 20s blue skies sunshine dawn until dusk, cooler nights... usually conditions we can expect in July, sometimes June, even May, not August. It's a 10 out of 10 spell! It's coincided with peak summer doldrums time as well, very reminscent of 2003.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 9

Posted

Interesting point about the footy.

I know they've started introducing drinks breaks but playing in the mid 30's is really pushing it.

• Like 5

Posted

Note the first 8 days of August here failed to reach maximums above average I.e more than 20 degrees. Indeed 7 out of 8 failed to get above 18 degrees. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Gone below 20c before midnight once again.

Got home from work and was expecting room to be hotter than it is. Only 25c with it showing an even cooler 22c when put next to the open window 

64F4EE17-9780-405F-A277-3A212138E37A.thumb.jpeg.5b924266ecab2be0845e1e46a8284fd0.jpeg

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 6

Posted

With the bedroom window and blind fully open, the room must have cooled quickly and I slept surprisingly well.

only problem was when the room was filled with light from the big bright full moon but that quickly disappeared again so all in all not a bad night.

Anyway it’s hopefully early finish Friday followed by some planned fence panel replacement, thankfully in a well shaded part of the garden.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
4 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

1am, 21° here, airport at 20" 12.20am.  Moon looks stunning, shame photo of  it isn't.😁

Screenshot_20220812-011308_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220812-010910_Chrome.jpg

20220812_010419.jpg

Yes looking at the amateur stations it seems like there’s a very slight inversion with the low lying areas cooler than the higher elevations. For example Audley just up the road at (I think) 150m was 17c whilst we were 14c

• Like 6

Posted

A low of 14.1C here, definitely warmer than the previous night and although I didn't sleep too badly, I did wake up a couple of times feeling rather hot and uncomfortable, so the warmth may have caused me to stir from my sleep. The room didn't really cool a huge amount, even with the window open all night. It will likely be hotter again today but interestingly, the metoffice are forecasting a lower minimum temperature for the region tonight. 

• Like 7

Posted

Not a single cloud in the sky here, wall to wall sunshine and hardly a breath of wind. Currently 21.4C and the temperature now steadily on the rise. Going to be a really hot day today, that's for sure. Wouldn't surprise me if we are pushing 33/34C this afternoon. 

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 7

Posted

Was very warm in the early hours, 2am,  with Newquay Airport reporting 23°C and Isles of Scilly  reporting 26°C.

Only managed about 3 hours sleep. 

Now on Perranporth beach for the final session prior to the big pack and drive home tomorrow. 

• Like 7

Posted

Morning.  Man Airport min was 15° at 5.20am. Bedroom stayed at 25° same as night before.  Did anyone catch any Perseid meteors at all?  @Had Worse what a great couple of weeks you've had weather wise, hope you catch up on your sleep tonight and have a safe journey home tomorrow.

• Like 4