Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

The nights are starting to get warmer again now as the heatwave starts to kick in, not as cold overnight last night with a low of 12.6C. It was still comfortable enough for sleeping with the window open. However, we can expect night time minimums to rise by a degree or so each day now until Sunday which will combine with residual heat from the daytime periods to start to make things rather uncomfortable overnight over the coming days. Anyway, a lovely start to the day here and will certainly be a hot day with the temperature likely hitting around 30C.

Edited by severe snowstorm
Spelling
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Fitting some blinds in the bedroom and leaving the window wide open certainly made a difference last night with the inside temperature down to 23.5c and a pretty comfortable nights sleep.

during the hot spell in July it reached as much as 35c inside and once didn’t drop below 30c which is way above anything acceptable but the slightly longer hours of darkness will hopefully allow temperatures to ease slightly.

• Like 5

Posted

Woke up 3am ish,  temp was 12.5°, think that was the lowest reading, comparing it to Man. Airport TAF at the same time was 12°.  Left bedroom window wide open all night, thermometer in my room was reading 22°.  Night time temps comfortable for now.  Super, stunning, start to a new day.  Things will get uncomfortable, but again it's only for so many days, that helps me to endure a few nights interrupted sleep 😴.   Enjoy your day.

• Like 5

Posted

Just delighted that we're finally going to get a decent spell of clear skies and sunshine. Sure, we've had some exceptional heat and a lot of dry weather, but we've also had long runs of days on end of cloud, wind and cool days, especially pre mid July. This is just a good summer week, perhaps a bit warmer than most of us would prefer, but miles better than what's become our standard August washout. Enjoy it and think of it when perma-November returns shortly.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Very healthy sunshine totals this week that is going to give the Manchester Summer index, a boost.

Its going to be a 200+ for the index this summer 

Indeed- it's been a while since we had a very sunny August. I don't think August 2020 was that sunny here, despite being warm.

• Like 4

Posted
4 hours ago, Scorcher said:

Indeed- it's been a while since we had a very sunny August. I don't think August 2020 was that sunny here, despite being warm.

Yes August sunshine has been at a premium in many recent years.

This morning gloriously sunny, blue sky and clear. 5 days of this and temps climbing each day. Expecting our high will be 29 degrees by Saturday. Many a summer passes by without such temps. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

27C, and today could be the first cloudless day of the summer. Can you believe that? A whole summer without a cloudless day!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
3 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

27c already… off for walk around Dovestones Reservoir… have good day all ☀️😎

Enjoy your walk mate, not been there in a while! be interested in knowing how the ressie is doing for water :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We have been  at a funeral in Devon yesterday and set off very early back up here this morning. The sunrise over Somerset was epic.

A few years ago today’s weather would have been too warm for me but after the other weeks heat my appreciation of (what hot is) has changed.

• Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, Ramp said:

We have been  at a funeral in Devon yesterday and set off very early back up here this morning. The sunrise over Somerset was epic.

A few years ago today’s weather would have been too warm for me but after the other weeks heat my appreciation of (what hot is) has changed.

Acclimatisation.. doesn't take long for majority of people to adapt to heat and cold, how else can we survive in places such as Sahara and Siberia..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
31 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Acclimatisation.. doesn't take long for majority of people to adapt to heat and cold, how else can we survive in places such as Sahara and Siberia..

Well, to put it succinctly, WE can't: But well done to all those Bedouins and Siberians who can! It's not 'the majority' I worry about.🤔

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

I was thinking that when I went out for 10 minutes at dinnertime. It was about 27c. It didn't feel too warm at all, and I would normally be getting towards my comfort limit at that. I  did think back to July, and I remembered what real heat felt like!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Lovely cloudless skies last night for sunset and today. As alluded to the heat doesn't feel that OTT, even with my failed air con in the car, I just had the windows down with some cross breeze and it wasn't too bad.

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Snowmad79 said:

Enjoy your walk mate, not been there in a while! be interested in knowing how the ressie is doing for water 🙂

Been lovely hot day… 30-33c registered on car… all the reservoirs are so low at the moment… 31c reached here back in Glossop… went to Dovestones and then Littleborough via Baitings reservoir… g&t on patio and feet in a bucket of cold water 😂👌

reservoirs compared now vs normal 

8F423C29-E44B-44E3-BC08-2CE73D678D1D.jpeg

8A6CCE50-ABB1-4CD4-A3D2-7ACE6C964A78.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
29 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Been lovely hot day… 30-33c registered on car… all the reservoirs are so low at the moment… 31c reached here back in Glossop… went to Dovestones and then Littleborough via Baitings reservoir… g&t on patio and feet in a bucket of cold water 😂👌

reservoirs compared now vs normal 

8F423C29-E44B-44E3-BC08-2CE73D678D1D.jpeg

8A6CCE50-ABB1-4CD4-A3D2-7ACE6C964A78.jpeg

Thanks for the lovely pics. Can tell that is not Dovestones unless the area changed drastically lol. Anyway from the looks of it, its a good job our water in Oldham comes from the Lake District now adays 🙂 Cheers again mate.

• Like 4

Posted

28.7'c in Buxton today and relying on the car air-con for some brief respite at lunchtime, I had a look around the Goyt earlier on and both reservoirs are still over half-full despite the lack of rain so there won't be any immediate hosepipe bans for the High Peak, but reading the papers and Germany is in a dire situation regarding the Rhine and likelyhood of it being closed to river-traffic by the end of next week.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Just reached 30c locally here in S Cheshire mid afternoon today -  yesterday was pleasant but definitely back into the 30c+ heatwave feel of things today although not the sweltering heat of a few weeks ago - hot, hot, hot regardless reaching 33-34c locally across the south of the region by the weekend 🥵☀️ 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Reach 29.9°C at home earlier, now 29.1.

• Like 4

Posted

image.thumb.png.5773425dade69dfc993afead3f90962e.png

Slightly up this week, not by much though and probably won't change much in next weeks table given the heatwave, but next week looks better for rain

Nice hot cloudless day today

• Like 3

Posted
38 minutes ago, Joe Snow said:

Just reached 30c locally here in S Cheshire mid afternoon today -  yesterday was pleasant but definitely back into the 30c+ heatwave feel of things today although not the sweltering heat of a few weeks ago - hot, hot, hot regardless reaching 33-34c locally across the south of the region by the weekend 🥵☀️ 

Yes, just before 6pm, reached 30°C here too.

Screenshot_20220810-182952_Chrome.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A max of 31.3C here today, and a warm night likely to follow. Too hot for my liking and it's definitely moved into the 'unpleasant' category for routine outdoor activities now. On the plus side for me, the heatwave will be peaking on Friday into the weekend which is good timing as I'm off work on Friday as well. I won't be doing anything that involves moving around too much, that's for sure.

• Like 4