Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
14 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Just left Padstow,  22°C Sunny spells and absolutely no rain or the slightest hint of it.

20220805_161349.jpg

I like Padstow although it has some serious competition when it comes to West Country fishing villages.

Further north, nothing beats Whitby although Staithes is lovely and further north again, I have a thing for Seahouses in Northumberland.

• Like 7

Posted
3 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Torrential hail shower at 4 am followed bye more very heavy showers until seven. Dry and sunny since then. Unfortunately no lightning which I was surprised about.

Kept an eye on things through the night too.  It all popped off out in the North Sea off the NE coast.

• Like 5

Posted

Might get to 6/7c overnight chilly… was warm in sunshine this afternoon after showers… everything looking green and in good condition atm up here apart from reservoir levels… 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Indeed. A stunning morning. 

Spending the whole day at Watergate Bay.

The Boardmasters festival site is above and behind me ready for 10 August. 

20220806_100913.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Minimum of 11.3 overnight, now 16.4°C and sunny.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Sunny spells mixed with more cloudy periods here so far up here but crucially it’s dry so a very usable day for anything outside that doesn’t require excessive heat.

• Like 7

Posted

Clouding up a bit now.  Clear skies at 6am only cirrus and contrails blemishing the blue.  Minima in the night 8°.  Currently 15° and only feels warm when you're in the sun, still pleasant enough.  Tins/tubs of Christmas Quality Street etc......... on sale in local Tesco, sigh, it gets earlier and earlier, didn't  buy any, bought a reduced to clear ornamentel squirrel for the garden.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

Indeed. A stunning morning. 

Spending the whole day at Watergate Bay.

The Boardmasters festival site is above and behind me ready for 10 August. 

20220806_100913.jpg

There's a motorsport Hillclimb there on the 17/18th September....I can imagine it's a pretty good event.

18 hours ago, iand61 said:

I like Padstow although it has some serious competition when it comes to West Country fishing villages.

Further north, nothing beats Whitby although Staithes is lovely and further north again, I have a thing for Seahouses in Northumberland.

Sometime in the future, I wish to do a motorcycle tour, taking in all these fishing villages; I may weigh a bit more after too much fish & chips.....

• Like 8

Posted

Well  I think the next 10 days going off the charts could turn what for some has been a little above average summer so far into a pretty decent one...lots of warm sunshine, little rainfall and this with a few extra brass knobs on for those south of the midlands.  Indeed for some it could turn out to be a 'rare' period of actual summer weather for the majority of the school 6 week break-up.

Little cloudy and cool today, but nothing you don't expect living in the North West.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It was a cooler night last night, minimum of 9.3C. It's another decent day here. Sunny periods, breezy and a current temperature of 18.1C. Perfect for outdoor activities.

• Like 7

Posted

Just back from a swift 4 mile walk and although bright rather than sunny, it’s a decent day for being out and about.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Really decent day today - sunny spells and 20c.

Next week looks likely to be the peak of the NW summer a week of dry high summer weather even for the Lakes, sunny spells & increasingly v warm - hot days 25- pushing 30-31c in the south of the region by late week so a recently rare August heatwave that actually may feel hotter indoors as heat builds up over several days rather than the two day extreme heat 37c hairdryer we had back in July.

The NW may also be one of the UK’s hot spots as winds start coming in from the E pegging back temps just a touch across the usual hot spots East Anglia, London & the SE  

☀️🥵 

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Fantastic day. Unbroken sunshine, 20C. Light winds. Loved every minute of it!

• Like 6

Posted

Pretty cloudy with only occasional sunshine here until late afternoon but it’s turned into a lovely sunny evening now.

hopefully tomorrow brings less stubborn cloud and more sunshine and some slightly higher temperatures.

• Like 7

Posted

A stark contrast across the region in terms of cloud cover today it seems. Mostly sunny all day in this part of the region. A high of 20.1C, perfect conditions. I'm really hoping things don't get too hot next week, but as @Joe Snow says, it could actually feel even more uncomfortable indoors compared to the period of record breaking temperatures a couple of weeks back due to several days of temps potentially getting into the mid to high 20s celcius at least, with warm nights each day so heat build up indoors will be a real issue. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, severe snowstorm said:

A stark contrast across the region in terms of cloud cover today it seems. Mostly sunny all day in this part of the region. A high of 20.1C, perfect conditions. I'm really hoping things don't get too hot next week, but as @Joe Snow says, it could actually feel even more uncomfortable indoors compared to the period of record breaking temperatures a couple of weeks back due to several days of temps potentially getting into the mid to high 20s celcius at least, with warm nights each day so heat build up indoors will be a real issue. 

Have air con in the bedroom here but not had it on since the last heatwave a couple of weeks ago. But it's consistently hovers between 21-24C without it which is still a bit warm for my liking but rather than waste energy putting the air con back on I just put up with it. Last time it was 20C or below was probably early June. Much prefer 18-20C in the bedroom and 20-21C in the lounge. Anyway a few well deserved beers tonight as it's been a long day running errands for family.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Not been a bad few days a bit of rain here and there been out on the bike with the lads to Scotland for a few days camping 

Edited by Scuba steve
  • Like 8

Posted
3 hours ago, severe snowstorm said:

Key differences about upcoming heat and what we had in July are cooler minima expected thanks to generally clearer skies and more of a cooler air source.. max temps not as high.. and sunshine weaker so that maxes what last as long in duration.. but unlike July the warmth will last a bit longer 5 days rather than 3. Humidity though could be warmer. 

• Like 7

Posted

Sunny blue skies for the past couple of hours here,  however, cloud been hovering out east over the tops, seems slow to clear.  Last night was a touch warmer, stayed in double figures 11°.  Current temp 13°, but does not feel as cool as yesterday morning.  Bought some Geraniums and Begonias yesterday to replace the Petunias the slugs and snails have scoffed, so will be busy pottering out the back later.  Slight panic attack when I first looked out, thought I'd got a rat in the garden, then I remembered the ornamental squirrel I put out there yesterday.🤣🐿  Weather looking great for a few days, thankfully without the stifling night time heat of July's extreme.  Enjoy the day.

• Like 7

Posted
9 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Key differences about upcoming heat and what we had in July are cooler minima expected thanks to generally clearer skies and more of a cooler air source.. max temps not as high.. and sunshine weaker so that maxes what last as long in duration.. but unlike July the warmth will last a bit longer 5 days rather than 3. Humidity though could be warmer. 

Yes, it was a very dry heat in July with the very low humidity notable, so despite the weaker sun and cooler air source, it could well feel equally or more uncomfortable in the upcoming hot spell. Night time minimums not looking that low in these parts, around 16C showing as the minimum on the automated metoffice output for later in the week.

• Like 8

Posted

It doesn’t know what to do here; bright sunshine one minute, cloud the next and at times a stiff breeze but the main thing is that’s it’s dry so it looks like a gardening sort of day coming up.

everything is pointing to a week of lovely summer weather with temperatures increasing day on day although given the BBC’s obsession with using Liverpool as a one size fits all regional temperature, it’s difficult to see where we will end up.

still, it’s nice to have some decent summer weather in August.

• Like 6

Posted
7 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

Yes, it was a very dry heat in July with the very low humidity notable, so despite the weaker sun and cooler air source, it could well feel equally or more uncomfortable in the upcoming hot spell. Night time minimums not looking that low in these parts, around 16C showing as the minimum on the automated metoffice output for later in the week.

Ooof, night time minima not as cool as I anticipated, still, I prefer the 16° rather than 20°/21° during the early hours.  Both fans will be on full blast in the bedroom though.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

A beautiful start to the day happy Sunday everyone!  ☀️ 

31-32c in the south of the region, high 20’s elsewhere late week into the weekend for the peak of the heat then a potential cool down w/c 15/8 but the warm weather could well extend into that week too. Although this heatwave will be less extreme than mid July it’s quite something to have two heatwaves peak in the 30c+ range for the NW within weeks of each other, in one summer! ☀️🥵 A perfect week for those on summer holidays 🏖 🍦 

• Like 8