Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
11 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

depends on direction window faces, E'ly facing would be much cooler with wind direction, North I generally find hottest from 6pm as sun is in room with a S/SE breeze the common direction when hot

Yeah, that is always the issue, my bedroom soaks up every last scrap of the afternoon/evening sun, so residual heat build up gets progressively worse each day throughout a heatwave. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Thought I’d walk down to Screwfix instead of drive and on my way out a Roe Deer was happily trotting past the car park entrance although by the time I’d got my phone out and in camera mode it had disappeared, probably got hitched and had a family😂

We’ve had deer around these parts for many years but it’s surprising how they are coming more and more into the town, especially at quieter times.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
On 04/08/2022 at 08:12, carinthian said:

I just hope the UKMO charts for next week are to go to plan as NW England looks primed for the hot 🔥 spot.

C

Nearly 10 days ago, UKMO got the synoptics spot on. Seems to have been a glorious summers week in the NW and continues into this weekend. Whats not to like warm sunny days and little wind ? Today sees more western Parts of England and Wales , including the NW primed for the highest temps as the flow backs. In all my travels around the world , there is no where better than The British Isles when the sun shines like this past week. The countryside cannot be beaten , especially when a nice pub garden beckons for a evening sun downer or two. Enjoy, whilst it lasts !

C

• Like 6

Posted
12 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Nearly 10 days ago, UKMO got the synoptics spot on. Seems to have been a glorious summers week in the NW and continues into this weekend. Whats not to like warm sunny days and little wind ? Today sees more western Parts of England and Wales , including the NW primed for the highest temps as the flow backs. In all my travels around the world , there is no where better than The British Isles when the sun shines like this past week. The countryside cannot be beaten , especially when a nice pub garden beckons for a evening sun downer or two. Enjoy, whilst it lasts !

C

As with all types of weather, some people will love it, some people will hate it. Obviously, there is plenty not to like about the current weather for those who don't like heat. For me personally, temps easily into the 30s celcius with light winds is not practical for everyday life and the house just becomes like an oven. It's fine if you've nothing to do but laze around, sit in air conditioned rooms or take a dip in a pool every now and again. Low to mid 20s celcius is more than sufficient for me. At least outdoor activities can be undertaken in more comfort and evenings are still pleasant enough for sitting out.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
3 hours ago, iand61 said:

Thankfully a cooler night and opening the patio doors has quickly dropped the living room temperature from 25c down to 19c.

Need to call at Screwfix and pick some bits up and then it’s a day working in the garden, certainly before things get to hot although last nights breeze is still here so conditions should be much more pleasant.

I wish I could do that. I take it you don’t have cavity walls, they are a nightmare.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Minimum was 16.9°C here and it’s now 23.5°C.

• Like 2

Posted

26.5c currently, low of 17c overnight… going to first home match of season… wearing factor 50 plus as sat in the sunshine and probably 32c plus today in Manchesterford… have jalfrezi lamb burgers prepped for tea… bacon 🥓 under grill for usual Saturday breakfast bacon baps… 

• Like 4

Posted

We were in Sainsbury's at 8am and lovely with the air conditioning, we didn't want to leave!

All PL and EFL football matches will have drinks breaks this afternoon, presumably one in each half. Days like this are when the players earn their money.

Yellow thunderstorm warning now extended into Tuesday.

• Like 3

Posted

Definitely hotter right now than it was this time yesterday- I'd be surprised if we don't go over 32C today at least in the Manchester area.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, Chris.R said:

I wish I could do that. I take it you don’t have cavity walls, they are a nightmare.

Yeah I do, in fact I’ve got the luxury of living in a 1970’s house, the decade that energy efficiency forgot and it faces south as well so it’s hot in summer and cold in winter.

the only difference this morning was that last night turned pretty chilly in these parts so when I opened the conservatory/patio doors it allowed the cooler air to rush in and drag the living room temperature back down.

It didn’t last long though, already back up to 26c and the sun hasn’t fully got to work on that side yet.

• Like 5

Posted

I’d be surprised if today wasn’t my hottest day of this spell.

My temperature gauge is tucked as far in the shade as it can be and it’s already reached 28.5c so I shouldn’t have any problem passing the 30.2c I recorded on Thursday.

Obviously not up there with what some of you will be seeing further south and on lower ground but it’s non to shabby for up here and probably my hottest August temperature since 2003.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

29 c seems hotter than yesterday perfect chill out weather for nursing a hangover,Synoptics looking good for storms 

• Like 4

Posted

Another very hot day, not quite the cloudless skies of yesterday with a few wispy bits of cloud around. Temperature currently 29.7C but hasn't really moved much over the past hour.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

Another very hot day, not quite the cloudless skies of yesterday with a few wispy bits of cloud around. Temperature currently 29.7C but hasn't really moved much over the past hour.

Increased cloud will just mean the temperatures will fall slower tonight 😞 

• Like 3

Posted
18 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Increased cloud will just mean the temperatures will fall slower tonight 😞 

To be honest, I'm considering pitching the tent and sleeping outside tonight. Will be far more comfortable than in the house! Last night was bad enough, but tonight will be even worse.

• Like 3

Posted

After stalling for an hour, the temperature is now rising steadily again, now 30.9C, so we will likely get higher than the past two days.

• Like 2

Posted

Stuck at 30.4 here

• Like 4

Posted

30.4'c also in Buxton this afternoon, the light breeze taking the heat away somewhat but it feels a lot more humid than yesterday's high. I managed to catch the BBMF Lancs from the top of Lyme Park as it did 3x passes over Woodford, same time again for tomorrow after the Blackpool display.

DSC_0019.thumb.JPG.736694dcd49da2dde872c51ddf08d975.JPG

• Like 5

Posted

Temperature has stalled again here, hovering just above 31C, currently 31.3C. Too hot for doing anything too energetic this afternoon, but on the plus side, it will be another nice evening for sitting out once the sun is on its way down.

• Like 4