Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A warmer night last night, a low of 11.9C. A sunny start and looks like temperatures moving into the 'hot' category over the next couple of days. I note the metoffice mention the chance of isolated thunderstorms later tomorrow, so maybe an outside chance of a reward for enduring the heat.

• Like 7

Posted

14c mist across the valley… 

hopefully may get to 25-26c today and 26-27c tomorrow before showers/rain tempers warmth..

next couple of days looking good for a bbq…

visit from chimney cleaner today and I’m on carpet cleaning duty outside… before it gets too warm

• Like 6

Posted

Morecambe was the sunniest place in Britain on the 20th with 16.0 hours of sunshine and I would not be surprised if that total was exceeded yesterday. With Scotland being more cloudy, I think the highest sunshine total will be somewhere in the N, NW or NE. A sunny morning today but a bit of cloud earlier suggests that yesterday's sunshine totals will be higher than today's.  

• Like 7

Posted

Thunderstorm warning issued for tomorrow by metoffice including Southernmost parts of the region. Will be interesting to see if Estofex issues anything later.

• Like 7

Posted

Woohoo ?? hedges cut, carpets cleaned, first set of washing on line in sun second load of washing on.. feeling hot out there… grass is turning to straw…

phew 23c nice breeze 

saw fog over Chunal and towards mottram/Hyde earlier… 

see there’s a thunderstorm warning ⚠️ for tomorrow… hopefully after a hot day (26/27c… bbc said possibility of 28/29c in nw England/north midlands) May have the ingredients for a good thunderstorm tomorrow evening ⚡️⛈⚡️⛈??⚡️⛈

• Like 8

Posted

Oh dear a 'low pressure' pinched in on all sides with no where to go parking itself over the UK - next week could be typical of a UK summer we're more familiar with, dodging the showers and giving up when they merge into longer spells of rain - but in the meantime if I could bottle up a UK summer it would be what we've had the last few days...warm not too hot, nice breeze, abundant sunshine.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

8Afternoon all.

Another nice day, slightly cooler and more comfortable whilst waiting in the car.

I'll use reverse psychology about our storm chances tomorrow evening.

Been busy trying to plan coach journeys for my stepson. Hes getting a flight from Luton with his Student friends. It was all based around train journeys to get to the airport. Too risky to rely on them getting you there. One friend is at Chatham,  Kent.  Managed to piece the journey together but only 5 seats left on London  Luton journey. 

• Like 5

Posted
47 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

8Afternoon all.

Another nice day, slightly cooler and more comfortable whilst waiting in the car.

I'll use reverse psychology about our storm chances tomorrow evening.

Been busy trying to plan coach journeys for my stepson. Hes getting a flight from Luton with his Student friends. It was all based around train journeys to get to the airport. Too risky to rely on them getting you there. One friend is at Chatham,  Kent.  Managed to piece the journey together but only 5 seats left on London  Luton journey. 

Oh jeez yes trains being so unreliable with strikes, staff absence, etc.. hope you manage to sort out the coach… 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

A lovely day, barely a cloud all day, very clear deep blue sky free of aeroplane trails that you don’t see that often these days. Currently 21°C with 57% humidity according to my phone and feeling very warm/hot in the strong June sun, even at nearly 6 pm.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Yes another decent day today, probably a notch warmer still tomorrow. Despite blinds and curtains shut it's risen to 26C upstairs after two days of almost unbroken strong sunshine  we probably need blackout curtains though. I bought a portable A/C unit a few months ago but haven't caved into using it yet as this is not going to be a long lasting hot spell.

• Like 9

Posted

A sunny and very warm day again today. Max temperature reached 23.7C, so not quite as high as yesterday. Quite surprised by this given that we've pretty much had wall to wall sunshine today and a higher starting temperature this morning.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
56 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

A sunny and very warm day again today. Max temperature reached 23.7C, so not quite as high as yesterday. Quite surprised by this given that we've pretty much had wall to wall sunshine today and a higher starting temperature this morning.

Aye same here, 25c yesterday but 23c today.

IMHO perfect summer temperatures.

• Like 8

Posted

Perfect summer weather: not too warm cycling to the office, then lovely sitting out for my son's folk band playing a solstice celebration, topping it off with a couple of beers in Seymour Park while the Chillis played LCCC. I forgot to take a sweater but it didn't matter, still warm enough for shorts and short sleeves after 10pm. Marvelous!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
5 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Paul Blight of UKWeatherworld in his convective outlook has placed the bulk of NW England in a red box for tomorrow.

He has orange, red and purple as his convective alerts

Manchester Airport TAF indicating Thunder storms tomorrow afternoon/Evening 

• Like 6

Posted

Estofex not really that interested in storm risk for anywhere in the Uk, with only the lowest lightning risk band included. It will be interesting to see the updated warning from the metoffice later this morning. One thing is fairly certain though, it's going to be a hot day, potentially the hottest of the year so far.

• Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Manchester Airport TAF indicating Thunder storms tomorrow afternoon/Evening 

Liverpool Airport TAF also showing the same.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

If the forecast is to believed then make the most of today folks as it’s downhill from here on in.

i’m hopeful that the showers/t storms miss me so I can enjoy what is the left of the heat when I get home from work, maybe even squeeze a BBQ out as it’s looking unlikely we’ll be having one this weekend.

that said, the low pressure system looks to be an anchoring itself the west of the UK rather than over it so maybe the weather this weekend will not be as bad as initially forecast.

I’ll take a repeat of what we had last weekend if it’s the best that’s on offer.

• Like 6

Posted

Absolutely glorious morning. 

I took this photo at 6.15 and the sun is about as far left as it could be.

20220623_061538.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Convective weather reckons it’s a bust for us. You never know it could be a bust for wales and be amazing for us ! Have seen events like that before. 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/97087-storms-and-convective-discussion-1st-may-2022-onwards/?do=findComment&comment=4682481

We're in the green. !!

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 4

Posted
24 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Convective weather reckons it’s a bust for us. You never know it could be a bust for wales and be amazing for us ! Have seen events like that before. 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/97087-storms-and-convective-discussion-1st-may-2022-onwards/?do=findComment&comment=4682481

We're in the green. !!

They may be right, who knows. Things often don't go according to plan. I remember a poster in the Midlands two years ago announcing with confidence on one day that chances were over for everywhere North of their location (West Midlands). That following evening I witnessed the best storms I had seen in 40 years! 

Looking good for later at the moment...

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 6

Posted

22c already… could we’ll be hottest day of the year today in NW… just opened patio doors can feel the warmth… 

Lovely if we got to 27/28c and have a thunderstorm/downpours

• Like 5