Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
4 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Not a lot of rain here only just wetting the ground. God it really is difficult to get a decent thunderstorm in this region these days. Can remember regular ones years ago after a very warm day like today.

Doesn't feel even threatening to me. It just feels like a front moving in with cloud increasing. I was expecting cumulus clouds to shoot up in the classical sense but it looks more like a weak front intensifying moving in. Hardly any lightning so far anywhere.

Unless something explodes to the south, its over for parts of Cheshire already at least for the rest of this day.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It felt like something electrical might have sparked off an hour ago, but not expecting anything now. We've just had a period of heavy convective rainfall which is clearing through now, but no thunder or lightning. There are one or two showers following on behind so maybe still a chance that something could spark off. 

• Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Not a lot of rain here only just wetting the ground. God it really is difficult to get a decent thunderstorm in this region these days. Can remember regular ones years ago after a very warm day like today.

Appears that way, after a hot spells like this we'd usually get some form of thundery downpours but everything seems to fall flat these days...bit like deep falls of snow in the winter, remember that.  Showers are exploding a bit over western areas especially Wales, but just appear embryonic this far east.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Great, another breakdown from hot sunny weather to rain has occurred pretty much as a got out of the car from work.

27c and sunny early afternoon and now 23c and peeing it down although I have heard a couple of rumbles of thunder so not all bad I suppose.

And at least it came before I could get the BBQ out

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Hefty cell around  Preston but the whole thing from Wales to Yorkshire looks more like a mass of rain that's just increasing in intensity.  

Can hear the cell over Preston, distant booms 

Just now, mark blackpool said:

Quite loud too considering 

• Like 6

Posted
3 minutes ago, mark blackpool said:

I think that area has done well this year compared to a lot of the region. I still haven't heard any thunder this year and we are nearing July. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Yeah it feels like something is inhibiting them. Storm days have completely dwindled. What look like promising set ups now seem to fail 80% of the time.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I think that area has done well this year compared to a lot of the region. I still haven't heard any thunder this year and we are nearing July. 

I think I’ve only heard thunder one day this year back in May, there’s some noise coming from the Preston cell right now 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Unless some back building takes place, it looks like that’s it for this part of the region with all of the activity out west.

suits me really but it’s amazing how quickly things have dried out again after a short but heavy pulse of rain, just shows how much heat there was in the ground before the rain came.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Something going on to my SSE.

Radar doesn't reflect anything significant unless its exploded in the last 10 minutes 

20220623_181731.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

...and there we have it.  What started out here in the south east of the region as tiny innocuous looking showers have now blossomed into lively action further to the west.  It's almost like a reversal of a North Westerly when the showers can start as nothing off the Irish Sea and dump quite a bit of rain here.

• Like 6

Posted

Unless something suddenly bursts into life, it looks like Estofex were closest to the mark with their forecast as they were only predicting low risk of seeing lightning anywhere across the UK today.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

I have a rainbow  

20220623_195330.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Interesting skies as the rain approaches from the south.

72A37863-0A50-4A10-B092-95623748FAB9.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
11 hours ago, mark blackpool said:

Rhubarb plot didn’t need watering.

• Like 6

Posted

It was another warm night for sleeping last night, a low of 12.8C by the end of the night. A sunny start today with temperatures likely getting into the low 20s celcius this afternoon. Much more comfortable than yesterday.

• Like 6

Posted

Looks like a few days of sunshine and showers coming up, ideal for growing stuff in the garden but less so for trying to stop other stuff becoming overgrown and dodging the showers isn’t as easy when fitted in around work.

But it’s almost weekend so hopefully a few dry hours will see the essential jobs and even though the heat of the last few days has moved on, I’m sure it will be warm enough to be outside in any lengthy dry and sunny periods.

might still be able to get the BBQ out.

• Like 6

Posted

No useful rain in my part of south Manc, not enough to drain off my greenhouse room at least. Soil surface is still bone dry. Drove down the M56 to West Kirby as the rain band passed through, there was nothing especially heavy and there was about 20 mins light rain at WK. Hope one of today's scattered heavy showers hits.

• Like 5

Posted

Is it February already? I seem to have missed Christmas!

image.thumb.png.2b7f91eef3022de220951831dc59da3e.png

Chart for tomorrow.

• Like 6

Posted
52 minutes ago, alr1970 said:

Is it February already? I seem to have missed Christmas!

image.thumb.png.2b7f91eef3022de220951831dc59da3e.png

Chart for tomorrow.

Hopefully it stops well out west before going completely.

dry so far today and although bright rather than sunny, it’s managed 21c which will do nicely so time to cut the grass.

at least the oppressive heat in the house over the last couple of days has been diluted a bit now.

• Like 3

Posted

Just looked at the weather warning for storms and it’s one of those occasions where I’m so close to the southern edge of it that the front lawn would be under water while the back one was bone dry

It looks like I better plan the mowing carefully or better still postpone it to a day like yesterday when the edge of the warning area was a good two miles away rather than two metres

• Like 4

Posted

I've been across the border in Staffs today and, apart from one short shower and some threatening clouds, have had a pretty decent day weather-wise. Same back in S Cheshire although the weather warning currently in force suggests that we may not be done yet with some beefy and/or thundery showers. However, forecasts I've heard during the day suggest that the greatest thundery activity is likely to be further east, affecting our friends across the border in Yorkshire & Humberside and the North East. 

• Like 6