Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Back lawn cut just as it started to rain so I put the mower away.

It’s fine and sunny again now but i couldn’t risk getting caught in one of those intense storms in the warning area so it’s feet up in the sunshine and the front lawn can wait until tomorrow

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Hardly any rain yesterday and bone dry today (so far) showers just a couple of miles east and west of us and so the landscape is slowly looking a bit sun drenched round here but at least the grass hasn't grown much in 2 weeks due to it being so dry so I haven't had to tackle a jungle. So I'm not complaining 

• Like 7

Posted

HI All, particulrly our Cumbrian friends!   I have 5 nights, from sturday booked camping in the lakes.   We arent fair weather campers and dont really mid a bit of wind and rain.....but....looking at the text and graphics forecast it doesnt look good at all.   Now I know it wont be great, but those of you who live there, looking at the forescast from tomorrow onwards, how bad does that look?   I.E  do the forecasts tend to overplay the wind and rain, or would you be guesssing it will be as bad as it looks?

Cheers

Chris

• Like 7

Posted

No rain here today, showers have dodged me, but now the movement of the showers has a more westerly element than a direct southerly we should get a sprinkling here overnight courtesy of the weather front approaching from the south west.  Fresher air will follow, so better for sleeping.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It turned cloudy quite quickly here after a sunny start this morning, with only the briefest of sunny break or two this afternoon, a high of 20.4C. It was predominantly dry apart from a very brief light shower around mid afternoon, not even enough to get the ground even slightly damp, only lasting for about a minute. The lawn is looking rather arid in places.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 6

Posted
4 hours ago, chris78 said:

HI All, particulrly our Cumbrian friends!   I have 5 nights, from sturday booked camping in the lakes.   We arent fair weather campers and dont really mid a bit of wind and rain.....but....looking at the text and graphics forecast it doesnt look good at all.   Now I know it wont be great, but those of you who live there, looking at the forescast from tomorrow onwards, how bad does that look?   I.E  do the forecasts tend to overplay the wind and rain, or would you be guesssing it will be as bad as it looks?

Cheers

Chris

A mixed outlook, I wouldn't call it washout, but lengthy sunny warm spells look to be at a premium. I suspect alot of cloud at time, some heavy showers or longer spells of rain at times, but nothing especially noteworthy. Temps perhaps rather cool for late June. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Despite low pressure hanging round for the next week or so, it looks like very little rain. Hope we’re not heading for a drought.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A bright start to the day but I imagine I’ll be dodging the showers working in the garden.

• Like 6

Posted

A bright start here too, but don't think we'll avoid the showers today. We do need the rain though. A day of carting family members around here, there and everywhere looms for me today, but then out for a Chinese and a few beers later.

• Like 6

Posted

Showers look well scattered at the moment but one managed to scatter itself directly over our garden and stop me in my tracks.

suns out again now though so back to it.

• Like 6

Posted

A couple of passing light showers so far here, but the sky is looking more and more threatening as time goes on, so probably some more serious showers before too long. Rather windy out.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

A few rumbles of thunder in Nantwich. Dark skies but no rain yet.

• Like 6

Posted

Just a sprinkling of rain earlier, but the wind is notable here. Some huge gusts going through, they must be doing some damage with all the trees in full leaf. At least the ground is dry, that should help keep them up but branch damage seems inevitable.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Still no appreciable rain fall here. Must be quite a dry anomaly around this area if it was on a map. Over the last few days everything has passed just a few miles either direction. Some quite intense downpours due south moving north looks like it has Wills name on it @WillinGlossop but we could be in the gap again here.

• Like 5

Posted

Don't know about a gap, more like a brick wall.  The showers are sparking to life East & West of here, but a promising one to the south just fizzled out into nothing by the time it reached here.  Yet when cold slushy rain is in the offering during winter Oldham has the welcome mat out.  Might sound weird but I'm desperately craving a good old fashioned thunderstorm right now.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 6

Posted

Apart from the 10 minute heavy shower this morning, it’s been a dry and mainly sunny day, certainly better than I was expecting given the forecast.

a good few hours effort, hopefully followed by a repeat session tomorrow and we’ll have made inroads into a corner of the garden that had been neglected to the point where I couldn’t even paint the fence.

just need the weather on board again tomorrow

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Still no appreciable rain fall here. Must be quite a dry anomaly around this area if it was on a map. Over the last few days everything has passed just a few miles either direction. Some quite intense downpours due south moving north looks like it has Wills name on it @WillinGlossop but we could be in the gap again here.

20/25 minutes of rain… puddles woohoo ??☔️ can’t believe I’m so happy to see rain

according to rain gauge 1.2mm rain 

over last 4 weeks only 16mm 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 6

Posted

Round 2? Or will it dissipate as it moves closer?  Stoke is getting some decent downpours… loud rolling thunder heavens have opened ☔☔☔

773FBF8F-6980-43E7-B344-369F9F2ECFEB.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 7