Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Autumn arrives

Message added by Paul,

Please double-check the contents of your post before hitting submit to make sure it is model related. For general discussion about the weather this autumn, the Autumn 2022 - Moans, Ramps and Chat is already very active, so please head over there.

Posted

Pretty darn good 12z gfs and ukmo for my area at least lol!!hot till the end of next week!!currently 25 degrees with a swarm of flying ants!!

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Staffmoorlands said:

Met office have already picked up on the rain - check the forecast for Glasgow for next Tuesday - rain.

Have you moved to Glasgow? Tuesday looks fantastic for England in any case.

GFS just keeps the heat coming after a thundery breakdown on the 15/16th. Sunday still in the high 20s+ widely. Tropical stuff later next week on this one!

image.thumb.png.566acb6734ec26efe701f86b4024d1f4.png image.thumb.png.ab2ef0f47f76c8b37e47114e55972f39.png image.thumb.png.f64990764b029a9290c4954d12f86f87.png

Edited by Steel City Skies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Just taking 1 suite of 1 run ?‍♂️ ens @ gfs notes any incursion of any cooler blip.. will be a short affair indeed... but imo that won’t even happen!, And there are such extremities the run2 run diagnostics will be likely dummy sucking atm- The heat transfer possibilities for the uk ( more likely mid / southern Britain... Are quite simply staggering... I’d almost lay my house on records being shattered nxt 10 days...heatwave button well and truly pressed!!!

FD10704D-18DF-4A16-99B7-4221C49CE1B7.png

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

I think I'll spend the day sitting under a cold shower. A few waterproof books might come in handy?!

Haven't you heard there's a water shortage??!

• Like 1

GFS 12Z is amazing, no real breakdown until about the 20th. 30C possible everyday from the 11th-19th, couple of shouts at mid 30's, very pleasant. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

GFS 12Z is amazing, no real breakdown until about the 20th. 30C possible everyday from the 11th-19th, couple of shouts at mid 30's, very pleasant. 

Think your town will be rather busy come next weekend!  Heatwave in the bag, just finer details to firm up now?

• Like 1

Posted

Pretty significant upgrade on this evenings gfs run!! Making much less of the midweek blip and re building heat...

Living through these type of events a thundery biscay low developing would be a common route!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

GFS control run is going for The Full Monty tonight:

gens-0-0-228.png

A mild night for the south.....

• Like 1

The GFS Ops was a pretty big outlier keeping it warm Thurs/Fri but then the majority of ensembles bring back the heat rapidly. Either hot all the way, or Hot then a brief cool down before turning hot again. 

14 minutes ago, Don said:

Think your town will be rather busy come next weekend!  Heatwave in the bag, just finer details to firm up now?

Yup rammed, but I have to go to Bognor, would rather stay at home get a taxi to the beach and watch everyone fight over the sand while I sit in a bar  

Posted
2 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Plume or no plume ... that's just a glorious summer chart for next Thursday. Sunny, settled, calm, low 20s north, high 20s south.

ECM1-168.thumb.gif.49d05e808d7a3be2103659753ff9c059.gif

No extreme heat, just normal warm summer weather. As much as I would like somewhere to hit 40c, just to get the elephant out the room I cannot see it happening, models lead many people up the garden, path time and time again. I'm more than happy to eat my words though, but it just looks like a pleasant spell of weather for the south of the UK next week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Plume or no plume ... that's just a glorious summer chart for next Thursday. Sunny, settled, calm, low 20s north, high 20s south.

ECM1-168.thumb.gif.49d05e808d7a3be2103659753ff9c059.gif

Hmm weird flat chart at 168 and 192 hours!!not sure what to make of the ecm!!!are the temps still quite hot between 144 and 192 hours!!?

2 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Hmm weird flat chart at 168 and 192 hours!!not sure what to make of the ecm!!!are the temps still quite hot between 144 and 192 hours!!?

Pretty likely to be yes. As @Man With Beard says, you'd still be looking at mid to high 20s further south on Thursday and perhaps a degree or two higher by Friday. Very pleasant.

That Iberian low is then starting to inch those hotter uppers north at t+192...

Posted

Glorious summer weather on offer from the ECM   then towards the end of the run. Seriously hot temps on the brink of southern England.  I've seen worse summer charts 

• Like 2

Just now, weirpig said:

Glorious summer weather on offer from the ECM   then towards the end of the run. Seriously hot temps on the brink of southern England.  I've seen worse summer charts 

image.thumb.png.cd313c6563fec1fbd20ae8d1eadc468d.png

Ready for another day 10 spectacular from the ECM?

Just now, Staffmoorlands said:

ECM 120-168hrs introduces cloud and cooler conditions for the North and west from Tuesday.

I think we have seen the end of posts suggesting 35c+ now

Bold to call that when the period most likely to achieve such temperatures remains in FI (next weekend).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or dry, warm and breezy.
12 minutes ago, Portsmouth Sun said:

No extreme heat, just normal warm summer weather. As much as I would like somewhere to hit 40c, just to get the elephant out the room I cannot see it happening, models lead many people up the garden, path time and time again. I'm more than happy to eat my words though, but it just looks like a pleasant spell of weather for the south of the UK next week. 

I think I speak for many, I would not like that, thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
5 minutes ago, Staffmoorlands said:

ECM 120-168hrs introduces cloud and cooler conditions for the North and west from Tuesday.

I think we have seen the end of posts suggesting 35c+ now

I think we're a long way off seeing the end of them just yet...

• Like 3

Posted

And once again at day 10 serious heat incoming!!we need to see it in inch closer which it just aint doing!!!before that though we gona see very warm temps regardless!friday to monday looking very warm!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
5 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

And once again at day 10 serious heat incoming!!we need to see it in inch closer which it just aint doing!!!before that though we gona see very warm temps regardless!friday to monday looking very warm!!

That is quite the ending to ECM! With a large LP setting up west of Ireland (just where I like to see one in this set-up), it could lead to a textbook and dramatic thundery breakdown, too

• Like 1