Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temperature Thread

Met.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

I guess when you don't have a choice you get used to it eventually even if doesn't seem that pleasant.

Well, I don't mind it honestly, I breathe better the cool air and I'm a "hot blooded" person anyway so to speak. Could also be because I grew up in a big cold house in Buxton often described as an "ice-box", and we couldn't afford to heat the whole thing, my bedroom at the back of the house tended to be the coldest naturally...

Edited by ThunderHellCat

Posted

Not sure the temp but woke up to a nice crisp cool bedroom with the window open slightly. Feels refreshing and comfortable to me, so I must be weird. My body just produces a ton of heat. But we're all different aren't we?

There's a guy on another weather forum who lives in Australia (Darwin) who has no AC and posts indoor temps in the mid 30's. But far from obnoxiously assuming he's bragging about his temps I just see he's used to it and it's interesting what he finds comfortable. 👍

Edited by ThunderHellCat
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

After reaching 20.1°C in my bedroom last night, it's now time to start all over again.

Right now it is 13.4°C in my bedroom and 12.7°C in the living room. Heating has just gone on a few seconds ago.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Nice 9c in bedroom, perfect for a morning under the duvet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Almost a repeat of yesterday. Went down to 14.6°C through the night but with the sun coming out it’s risen to 17.3°C and it’s hovering around that at the moment. That’s in the bedroom where the su comes in, the rest of the house (apart from one more bedroom) doesn’t get the sun at this time of year and that feels much colder today. 

Posted

11.7°C in the lounge, 'cos I'm, lyke, well tough m8, innit? Do I get a medal???

Yeah, NOT. Cos I can't afford to heat the place overnight. Heating will be on soon up to 18°C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Unless it gets really cold inside our heatings not set to come on until 5pm, and no I dare not turn it on early, might not go down too well 😱 

Saying that while the suns out if I stay in my bedroom, which is where I currently am,  I don’t actually need any heating. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Unless it gets really cold inside our heatings not set to come on until 5pm, and no I dare not turn it on early, might not go down too well 😱 

Saying try at while the suns out if I stay in my bedroom, which is where I currently am,  I don’t actually need any heating. 

Damn, don't think I can wait that long, turning the computer on added 0.6°C, but I think I'm gonna need a bit more than that. 😮

• Like 1

Posted

17°C to 30°C rollercoaster.

I'm on a tariff where I have (nearly) free electricity all day on Sundays and holidays and from 11pm to 7am on weekdays, so I set the AC to 30°C and put on as many convectors on as possible without blowing out the fuses to heat the house as much as I can (except the bedroom) overnight. In practice, the house gets up to about 26°C by the morning, and then drops to about 23°C by 9am.

The sunshine heats the living room during the day, but in late afternoon, once the temperature in the living room drops below 21°C, I might put some electric heating blankets on.

If the temperature drops below 19°C in the evening, I'll use 0.5 kWh of expensive peak time electricity to pep the living room up again with half an hour of AC blasting out hot air.

The kitchens/bedrooms might drop to 17°C before the heating comes on again at 11pm.

Edited by halny
  • Like 2

Posted

It's 16.7°C and I honestly feel too HOT. Not sure why that is...... but yeah. 

Posted

19.7°C just over an hour after the heating went off.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 04/12/2022 at 17:15, matt111 said:

Living with parents does come with a number of benefits. Not being able to decide when the heating is turned on definitely isn't one of them. I do help out with the bills of course but that doesn't mean I get to turn it on any earlier. And the house isn't exactly the warmest. Times like this I miss the open fire we had at our old house which would have been lit today I'm sure. Forgot to look how cold it was inside today but probably similar to the 14.6°C of yesterday. Nice and warm now though as the heating has finally come on. 

I’m living with parents too but luckily they have the heating on a bit warmer! Thermostat is set to around 18°C between around 7-9 am and 3-9 pm, and 15°C between 9 am and 3 pm. Heating is off the rest of the time. The thermostat is in the hallway so the other rooms are usually a degree or so warmer than whatever temp the hallway thermostat is saying.

12 hours ago, markyo said:

Nice 9c in bedroom, perfect for a morning under the duvet!

Are you a penguin? 🐧🥶

12 hours ago, matt111 said:

Saying that while the suns out if I stay in my bedroom, which is where I currently am,  I don’t actually need any heating. 

Is that because your parents are working and don’t get in till 5? Maybe you could sneakily turn it on while they are out.. 😉 Or get one of those portable room heaters. Our heating comes on at 3 pm. During a cold spell the indoor temp can dip to around 16°C during mid afternoon before the heating comes on. My bedroom temp hovers around 16-19°C at this time of year, which is usually comfortable enough for me. At the moment it is currently 16.8°C with 68% humidity. I even open the window on some evenings! 😆

The sun does help warm the house on a cold day, And despite the really cold weather lately at least there has been a lot of sunshine. My bedroom faces north so gets no sunshine most of the year but the south facing lounge and dining room are a lot warmer in winter when the Sun is out.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Is that because your parents are working and don’t get in till 5? Maybe you could sneakily turn it on while they are out.. 😉 Or get one of those portable room heaters. Our heating comes on at 3 pm. During a cold spell the indoor temp can dip to around 16°C during mid afternoon before the heating comes on. My bedroom temp hovers around 16-19°C at this time of year, which is usually comfortable enough for me. At the moment it is currently 16.8°C with 68% humidity. I even open the window on some evenings! 😆

Yes it is, although one of them isn;t working now but they won't change it, although it was switched on at 16:30 today so I had a whole extra 30 minutes of warmth. Usually it's set at 19.5°C (used to be 18°C but we had a new boiler last year and the thermostat for that seems to need to be set higher than the old one) between 5pm and 9pm but if it's really cold it does sometimes get switched on earlier. It has to be really cold though.

Saying that I spent most of the day in my bedroom which had the sun until around 3pm so it wasn't too bad, a perk of having a south facing window. I've also got an east facing window so it gets the sun earlier in the day too. If tomorrow is cloudy as it looks like it will be then it'll be a lot colder (unless the heating gets switched on even earlier of course).

• Like 1

Posted

Woke up to 10°C in the bedroom again today with required ventilation for my sleep. Given that I've only lived in this apartment for four years and this is the coldest the weather's been, I know this is about as cool as it will ever get in here thankfully.

Edited by ThunderHellCat
  • Like 1

Posted

14.8°C currently, but here’s a treat, the heatings just been switched on! 😀 

(probably only because we’ve got family coming shortly) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Currently 14.2°C. Heating has just gone on.

Posted

In lounge the low was 11.7°C - before the energy crisis hit, in this flat the low would be 15°C in December. 

Heating will go on shortly, I have just got in from walking outside, and am very warm due to that for the moment. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, CongletonHeat said:

Got home from work and temp downstairs was 9.4, heating will be on full blast till about 10pm then on low overnight.

Damn. Looks like you win the "badge of honour" award everyone is supposedly clamouring for. 🤪

The first goal was 10°C, we need to set a new bar - first to reach indoor temps of 0°C! I'm ordering my liquid nitrogen  for the central heating cooling system right now! 

Just think - if I can get the temp low enough, I might be able to overclock my beast gaming computer to unheard of levels! Whoop whoop!

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Pc, Computer, Speaker, Computer Keyboard, Monitor, Screen, Table

Edited by ThunderHellCat
  • Like 2

Posted

Had the heating on low today so it's 17.8°C. Now the heating's on as normal so should get a bit warmer over the next few hours. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Lounge at 21 degrees with the woodstove going full bore.  Residual heat into the adjacent kitchen and  hall around 17 .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

My little 'man-cave' gaming room was down to 7c this morning....SEVEN.

It's always the coldest room of the house (likely because it's on the exposed north east corner of the house and has only the hallway by the front door beneath it) but that temperature was something else! 

Log burner on since 12 today and most of downstairs is comfortable now.

Edited by ResonantChannelThunder
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Cool and crisp in the ventilated bedroom good for my nerves and breathing, while I'm kept warm by my thick duvet and constant farting.

• Like 3

Posted
26 minutes ago, ThunderHellCat said:

Cool and crisp in the ventilated bedroom good for my nerves and breathing, while I'm kept warm by my thick duvet and constant farting.

Now there’s a way of keeping warm I hadn’t thought of 😆

Heating went off hours ago and it’s now down to 16.1°C which is much cooler than I like it during the day and slightly cooler then I prefer at night but I’m in a warm bed so who cares (at least until I have to get up). 

• Like 2

Posted

Got no colder overnight despite being -4°C outside. Wonder if it's the snow on the building increasing the insulation.

Now earlier this year I posted indoor temps for this year (2022). I've now attached the averages for my apartment since 2018. As you can see, in December the apartment averages a max of 19.3°C, and a min of 15.0°C. 

However, this year, December is running at a max of 17.4°C, and a min of 12.3°C due to the energy costs. 

Could contain: Plot, Chart

• Insightful 1