Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temperature Thread

Met.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
4 hours ago, ThunderHellCat said:

Great question - both extremes for me are rather odd.

Lowest - 1°C, in the bathroom of an old, draughty unheated attic apartment in Buxton, Derbyshire in March 2018 (BftE). Yes the bath froze up and was unusable. Only heating was an electric space heater in the main room.

Highest - 33°C in the kitchen of the same apartment - in December 2017. I had a horrible old electric cooker in the small kitchen, one evening a loose knob on the front of it got knocked inadvertently, and it switched on over night, heating up the whole kitchen. I walked in late next morning to a wall of heat in the room, and the smell and sight of a nearby plastic bag beginning to melt and smoulder. It was my fault for not turning the cooker off at the wall, given it had cranky loose knobs on the front of it that could be easily knocked on.

1°C! 😱 That must have been an experience.. 🥶 the daytime temp during TBFE was -2°C to -1°C in most places. So it was barely any warmer inside!

3 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Heatwave was 32c in the bedroom. And lowest ever downstairs was 7c when our heating broke!

Don’t think I would be able to sleep in a 32°C room. Can’t imagine 7°C either, must have absolutely perishing! 🥶Probably cold enough to see your breath at that temp! 😮I remember our boiler failed in winter about 10 years ago, temp in living room got down to 13°C, not sure about the other rooms.

Luckily we have an electric fire in the living room and a gas fire in the dining room. The gas fire gets occasional use during the winter, as the CH is off during the middle of the day. The electric fire is very rarely used, but is there in case the heating breaks down.

Posted
6 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Just out of interest, what is the lowest and highest temperature you have ever seen in your home? 

For me the highest was 28°C in the kitchen during the two day extreme heatwave in July after the oven had been on.

The lowest was about 12°C in the hallway on a cold winters night.

I've only started taking notice of indoor temperatures since the July heatwave, so not much data. But maximum in that time has of course been the heatwave, peaking at 28C, and lowest is today at 16.2C. Thinking about it it's crazy how just 12C can be the difference between needing a fan and needing extra layers.

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

I've only started taking notice of indoor temperatures since the July heatwave, so not much data. But maximum in that time has of course been the heatwave, peaking at 28C, and lowest is today at 16.2C. Thinking about it it's crazy how just 12C can be the difference between needing a fan and needing extra layers.

We’ve been having the exact same conversation this evening regarding the temperature in our son’s bedroom. Until 4 days ago it was feeling stuffy at 22c+ , it’s now down to 18c in there and feeling so much cooler. 

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

1°C! 😱 That must have been an experience.. 🥶 the daytime temp during TBFE was -2°C to -1°C in most places. So it was barely any warmer inside!

Don’t think I would be able to sleep in a 32°C room. Can’t imagine 7°C either, must have absolutely perishing! 🥶Probably cold enough to see your breath at that temp! 😮I remember our boiler failed in winter about 10 years ago, temp in living room got down to 13°C, not sure about the other rooms.

Luckily we have an electric fire in the living room and a gas fire in the dining room. The gas fire gets occasional use during the winter, as the CH is off during the middle of the day. The electric fire is very rarely used, but is there in case the heating breaks down.

32 I slept down on the sofa and left the old man to deal with it! It was only 28 down here. As for 7c I was shivering like mad. It was December 2009? When we had that channel low that dumped 7inches on us! We had been to Germany and for back in heavy snow. And discovered that the boiler had broken when we were away! Hubby somehow got it up and running but I spent the night under the duvet in my coat lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
3 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

In Buxton we had a high of -5°C on 1st March 2018, after several ice days and strong winds. The altitude makes it colder than most places thanks to being at 1000ft high. I remember pee in the toilet producing steam it was so cold.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
12 minutes ago, ThunderHellCat said:

In Buxton we had a high of -5°C on 1st March 2018, after several ice days and strong winds. The altitude makes it colder than most places thanks to being at 1000ft high. I remember pee in the toilet producing steam it was so cold.

Most of Buxton is also in a frost hollow as it sits in a bowl, a high altitude one of course, and so like lower valleys cold pools into there at night. But at lower altitudes it warms up quicker when day comes but because Buxton is 1000 feet it's a cold place by both day and night. An interesting place for a weather enthusiast for sure.

• Like 2

Posted

16.6°C, 70% humidity in the lounge.

Posted
14 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Most of Buxton is also in a frost hollow as it sits in a bowl, a high altitude one of course, and so like lower valleys cold pools into there at night. But at lower altitudes it warms up quicker when day comes but because Buxton is 1000 feet it's a cold place by both day and night. An interesting place for a weather enthusiast for sure.

Yes, I bet Markyo and all of the other coldies would love living there! 😆 All that frost and snow! I once went there in November 2016, temp was barely above freezing and it was cold rain all day, never felt so cold in November before! 🥶

• Like 1

Posted

New low of 15.8C this morning, though with the sun out today been able to use the greenhouse effect to get back up to a comfortable 17.2C.

Posted

About 16.8°C according to my backup analogue thermometer in the lounge.

My digital station is dead and a new one on order.

Edited by ThunderHellCat
  • Like 1

Posted

Currently 17.5°C with 72% humidity in the bedroom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Currently 17.9 Celsius (no heating) with 61% humidity.

Posted

Bout 18.1°C in the lounge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Warm 👍

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Currently 18.3 Celsius (no heating) and 60% humidity in my bedroom. Very tolerable with a fleece on. 👍

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Currently 20C, no heating used yet. Sat at my desk in shorts and t-shirt. The week ahead looks OK temperature wise so hopefully another week without turning it on...

Posted

16.9°C in the lounge so quite comfortable. No heat of course.

Posted

It's rather warm inside today. 19.1°C in the lounge.

Posted

Still warm inside without heating at 18.9°C in the lounge supposedly.  I slept with the window open in the bedroom last night to let it cool down to maybe 15 degrees. 

• Like 1

Posted

17.5 Celsius (no heating) and 63% humidity. So a little on the humid side apparently, but I don't feel it.

More than comfortable enough with a fleece on. I also have my small ventilation window open.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

17C in the bedroom here with no heating where I'm working on my laptop, this is fine with just a jumper on. We only have the heating on for 10 mins in the morning at the moment.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 1

Posted

Had the bedroom window open last night - 14°C in there. 16.7°C in the lounge currently.

Posted

16.5°C in the lounge.