Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temperature Thread

Met.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Blimey, I'm still wearing shorts! But the forecast strong northerly with lots of cloud and showers has in fact materialised as a light northwesterly with oodles of sunshine!😁

I've been in my thick jumper the past 2 weeks lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I've been in my thick jumper the past 2 weeks lol

Baa humbug! image.thumb.png.ab67183a190a59ddecefa9d7804b1a94.png Why is a jumper called a jumper?😁

Posted
21 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Blimey, I'm still wearing shorts! But the forecast strong northerly with lots of cloud and showers has in fact materialised as a light northwesterly with oodles of sunshine!😁

Oh bugger! In the space of only five minutes, it's piecing down and blowing a hoolie! That'll teach me!🤣

• Like 2

Posted

The worst part about this time of the year is the heating won't get on unless it's starting to get cold (below 8c at daytime)  so you have to accept freezing , had temperatures down to 18,9c this morning 🥶

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
5 hours ago, markyo said:

Woke to a lovely 15c in the bedroom, windows open fantastic breeze coming in, this is more like it! So comfortable.

Not sure I’d describe it as comfortable! Just 17C in my bedroom today and it feels a bit chilly! Put my onesie on!

2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Yes it’s similar here. Northerlies tend to be dry here though as I’m sheltered by the Pennines. It’s very cool for September though, just 12°C at 12:40 pm, I don’t think it’s been that low since April!

I was in shorts and a hoodie yesterday, felt fine but I noticed the chill indoors last night. Don’t think I’ll be in shorts today!

1 hour ago, Faronstream said:

The worst part about this time of the year is the heating won't get on unless it's starting to get cold (below 8c at daytime)  so you have to accept freezing , had temperatures down to 18,9c this morning 🥶

That’s warm lol, it’s 17C in my bedroom. Can’t you adjust the thermostat?

Posted
3 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Baa humbug! image.thumb.png.ab67183a190a59ddecefa9d7804b1a94.png Why is a jumper called a jumper?😁

Because it used to jump but doesn't any more 😞

2 hours ago, Faronstream said:

Why does the heating come on so low?!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Come on, Beka, why is a jumper called a jumper? My mother couldn't even answer that one?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

I'm staying with my dad who's an old postwar boomer and he says the heating goes on when the indoor temp gets down to 5°C. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

The indoor temp is frequently dropping below 20 Celsius now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Down to 19 in the lounge this evening. Give it a week or two and there's a very good chance that I'll be lighting  a small fire to keep the chill off.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

16c here on living room, other half away for weekend so I'm certainly not lighting the old Arga range.. Two Boarder Terries a hot water bottle and blanket are more than enough for me, Grand 😊

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

19.4C on the hive thermometer. Definitely in the lower end of comfortable in short sleeves range.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

First Saturday able to have a long lie in bed, bedroom a lovely 14c, perfect with gentle breeze coming in through the windows. This is what i love about the Autumn, the relief from Summer misery has arrived!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

First Saturday able to have a long lie in bed, bedroom a lovely 14c, perfect with gentle breeze coming in through the windows. This is what i love about the Autumn, the relief from Summer misery has arrived!

Yeah this early chill is a welcome relief to that ridiculous heat we had in summer. I stood outside this morning as temps plummeted and I had a big smile on my face. 

• Like 4

Posted

The temperature has bounced around between 18-19 today. Tbh it’s becoming quite difficult to bear. It’s the kind of temperature for me that’s nice to sleep in under a warm duvet, or a cooling relief after a muggy spell but all day long it starts to get into the extremities. Unfortunately I can see us needing the heating on before the bank holiday weekend is out, maybe just for half an hour to ‘take the chill off’

• Like 1

Posted

Down to 17C in the house today. Put the heating on for a little bit, first time I’ve done that since May.

Actually feels warmer sat outside in the sunshine, the outdoor temp isn’t much lower at 14/15°C.

• Like 1

Posted

Temp dropping to 16 degrees through the night, bordering on uncomfortable, but holding out from putting heating on until October. Just need to wear warmer clothes indoors.

• Like 2

Posted

16.3°C, 69% humidity in the lounge.

• Like 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, ThunderHellCat said:

16.3°C, 69% humidity in the lounge.

Brrrr... ❄️ 18°C in my lounge currently. It’s nearly always chilly in the house after coming back from holiday I’ve noticed.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Brrrr... ❄️ 18°C in my lounge currently. It’s nearly always chilly in the house after coming back from holiday I’ve noticed.

Yeah, thankfully it's going up a bit now, up to 16.4°C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

19.4 Celsius and 57% humidity. Comfortable enough with a fleece on.

Posted

24°C, RH 39%

AC is off during the day and I'm trying to keep it off, but I still put it on last night to get it down to 20°C for sleeping.

Posted

17.9°C, 69% humidity in lounge.  Getting hot 🥵

• Like 1

Posted

18.6°C with 76% humidity in the bedroom. Feeling a bit warmer in the house compared to recent days. Actually got my bedroom window slightly open tonight!

Posted

18c in the living room here, I've a full tank of oil for the range and will do my best to hold off until November to light it. Bearing in mind I live in the middle of know-where in a bungalow. We have wool filled bedding and hot water bottles/blankets and electric is being used at the most tightest standards with economy 7 being used to full effect which I've had plenty of practice at over the years.. But this winter is where my many years of being tight (and Im regularly called that to my amusement..  will pay off as the belt is realy tightened to the last bukle hole..it's all a game to me and they won't be taking me for a ride I'm sure on that.. ☺️

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1