Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temperature Thread

Met.

Posted

The temperature in our living room hasn't dropped below 20 yet, although it just touched 20 early Saturday morning. Still at 21 now. I guess that's the difference here down south. We're in a Victorian terrace that isn't naturally warm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

19.3°C with 70% humidity in my lounge. 

Posted

19.1°c in the hall, which for Aberdeenshire during late September is a Bank. The central heating was last in use April.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

18° in my bedroom right now, at 7 am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

20C in the north facing front room - no need for the heating on yet.

Posted

17.6°C, 69% humidity in the lounge.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

The office it's 20.7C and 17.1C in the hallway no heating on at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

18.1 Celsius and 51% humidity. No heating.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted

Just 16.5°C in the living room today. Brrrr! ⛄️Not putting heating on yet as we are holding out for as long as possible due to the tremendous rise in energy bills! Think we’ll have to put it on sometime this week though as the weather is going to get colder.

Just 13°C outside today, thick cloud, breezy. Already feels cold and miserable and it’s still only September! Think it’s going to be a long winter this year. So depressing, hate autumn. 😣🍂

Not feeling well and with it being cold indoors im sat in bed on my iPad with my onesie on! 

I think we’re going to see some shockingly low indoor temperatures on this thread this winter, as people can’t afford to put the heating on. 😞

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

16c in living room here. Aga not on and hopefully won't be till November. Water bottles and blackets snuggles with dogs do the trick for now.. welcome back to the 60/70s ☺️

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

12:53PM

17.0°C, 59% humidity in the lounge.

This is perfectly fine. Not cold at all unless I was a lazy blighter just sitting there all day.

Posted
1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

65% humidity (thats normal for our awful flat) but 20.c..pretty good considering its currently just 11.c outside and no heating or appliances on.

Our house suffers from high humidity and dampness too, though im usually ok with it as long it’s below 70%.

Currently 16.2°C with 61% humidity in my bedroom, the heating has been off for most of the day and I’ve had the window open for a while though. Outside it’s 12.1°C.

Posted

Just out of interest, what is the lowest and highest temperature you have ever seen in your home? 

For me the highest was 28°C in the kitchen during the two day extreme heatwave in July after the oven had been on.

The lowest was about 12°C in the hallway on a cold winters night.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Our house suffers from high humidity and dampness too, though im usually ok with it as long it’s below 70%.

Currently 16.2°C with 61% humidity in my bedroom, the heating has been off for most of the day and I’ve had the window open for a while though. Outside it’s 12.1°C.

Yes, we've noticed that the moment it hits 70%, we get a bit of a sniffle and the room starts to smell a bit like Pot Noodle  - yuck. Our compact dehumidifier is pretty good at taking it back below 70 quickly though, especially its wet laundry setting.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Just out of interest, what is the lowest and highest temperature you have ever seen in your home? 

For me the highest was 28°C in the kitchen during the two day extreme heatwave in July after the oven had been on.

5c......cool even for me upstairs!

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Great question - both extremes for me are rather odd.

Lowest - 1°C, in the bathroom of an old, draughty unheated attic apartment in Buxton, Derbyshire in March 2018 (BftE). Yes the bath froze up and was unusable. Only heating was an electric space heater in the main room.

Highest - 33°C in the kitchen of the same apartment - in December 2017. I had a horrible old electric cooker in the small kitchen, one evening a loose knob on the front of it got knocked inadvertently, and it switched on over night, heating up the whole kitchen. I walked in late next morning to a wall of heat in the room, and the smell and sight of a nearby plastic bag beginning to melt and smoulder. It was my fault for not turning the cooker off at the wall, given it had cranky loose knobs on the front of it that could be easily knocked on.

Edited by ThunderHellCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Highest - 34.2 Celsius

Lowest - 11.5 Celsius

• Thanks 1

Posted

Heatwave was 32c in the bedroom. And lowest ever downstairs was 7c when our heating broke!

• Thanks 1