Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temperature Thread

Met.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
10 hours ago, ThunderHellCat said:

Cool and crisp in the ventilated bedroom good for my nerves and breathing, while I'm kept warm by my thick duvet and constant farting.

I think in this day and age with the energy crisis, the more we fart the merrier. It is free gas after all. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

14.9°C earlier, but had the heating on for a short time not long ago which pushed it up to 16.3°C, possibly helped by the sun coming out too although it wasn't out for long. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

16.3°C in the lounge right now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Currently 18.5°C and 48% humidity - heating is obviously on.

Was 12.7°C in the living room before the heating went on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

17.5°C now with the heating on properly for an hour. For some reason it feels colder inside today despite the indoor temperature being more or less the same as the last couple of days. It was a bit colder outside which I guess could be why.

• Like 1

Posted

15.0°C at the moment, no heating on at the moment either so it is a tiny bit higher than the last couple of days, not that it feels it. It wasn’t as cold outside last night so that’s probably why.

• Like 1

Posted

Heating currently on and we have a temp of 16.9°C. Heating will be going off shortly though, and will be back on later.

Was 10.8°C in the living room when I got up this morning which is the coldest it has ever been I believe (it's an old house). 😯

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted

Speaking of heating, ours has just been switched on but it won’t be on for long. At least it’ll take the chill off for a while although not sure it’ll last until later when it comes back on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 12/12/2022 at 03:52, ThunderHellCat said:

Cool and crisp in the ventilated bedroom good for my nerves and breathing, while I'm kept warm by my thick duvet and constant farting.

Lol

On 11/12/2022 at 21:26, ResonantChannelThunder said:

My little 'man-cave' gaming room was down to 7c this morning....SEVEN.

It's always the coldest room of the house (likely because it's on the exposed north east corner of the house and has only the hallway by the front door beneath it) but that temperature was something else! 

Log burner on since 12 today and most of downstairs is comfortable now.

Wow I think that’s the lowest indoor temp we’ve seen yet on this thread! 😮🥶 Even colder than Markyo’s house, and that is hard to beat! Could you see your breath in there? At that temp I can see my breath. 

Coldest indoor temp I’ve seen so far this winter has been 15/16°C and the heating isn’t on overnight, guess I’m lucky in that I must live in a well insulated house. Highest indoor temp I saw during that intense summer heatwave in July was only 27°C as well.

Since this thread has been created we’ve seen some extremely low and extremely high indoor temps. Can’t remember what the highest indoor temp was.

Its been a mad year for weather, first the extreme heat in the summer and now extreme cold.

Despite the cold December it won’t stop this being the warmest year in record in the U.K., due to the fact that the last 11 months have all been warmer than average.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I can’t remember exactly what it was but the highest I remember during the summer was just above 30°C in my bedroom during one of the heatwaves. Even in the middle of the night it was still above 26°C on several occasions. 

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Since this thread has been created we’ve seen some extremely low and extremely high indoor temps. Can’t remember what the highest indoor temp was.

Its been a mad year for weather, first the extreme heat in the summer and now extreme cold.

Yes, I was looking back at our indoor temp comments from the summer heatwave just the other day. And no doubt when next summer arrives, we'll be looking back at the comments we're making now. During the July heatwave, my bedroom went up to 32.4°C and it was a real struggle trying to cool down. Hard to imagine now though.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted

Not that I’m always fond of my coastal location when it comes to my weather preferences but it does have the advantage of sea breezes helping cool the house down when it’s hot. It’s helpful during the day although the nights can still be quite uncomfortable at times, although probably less so than inland. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted

It's a lowly 12.8°C  inside as I've just got in from work. Heating up to full now though!

• Like 1

Posted

15.3°C now and slowly warming up with the heating being on for 15 minutes now.

Posted

If only I still had the digital thermometer I used to have, I'm really interested to see how cold it is in the kitchen at the moment as I wouldn't be surprised if it's in single figures it's that cold in there. My bedroom which is where I've got my weather station console is only really representative of part of the house. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
4 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Lol

Wow I think that’s the lowest indoor temp we’ve seen yet on this thread! 😮🥶 Even colder than Markyo’s house, and that is hard to beat! Could you see your breath in there? At that temp I can see my breath. 

Believe it or not, I couldn't! Usually I get a fairly high humidity reading in that room too, so perhaps that was why

Posted

19.1°C with the heating going off not long ago. Usually when the heating's been on for a while it's just over 20°C but the last few days it hasn't quite made it to that. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

19.1°C with the heating going off not long ago. Usually when the heating's been on for a while it's just over 20°C but the last few days it hasn't quite made it to that. 

The highest we have made it get to so far during this cold spell is 20.1°C. The thermostat is set to 20.5°C, so not too far off.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

The highest we have made it get to so far during this cold spell is 20.1°C. The thermostat is set to 20.5°C, so not too far off.

In fairness the thermostat is set for 19.5°C which it probably does just about reach in the hallway where it is, just my bedroom usually gets warmer than out there but it's really struggled to reach the normal levels during this cold weather. Still feels noticeably warmer than anywhere else in the house though so I'm not complaining 😄 

• Like 1

Posted

I don't like a hot house as I work outside mostly. So stat set to 17.5....heating has been off for a couple of hours now, its freezing hard outside but house is around 15.5 now, it may drop to 14 before the heating kicks in around 5.30am.

Posted

Heating went off overnight. Dropped to 18.5c. Heating back on this morning set to 20c. Currently at 19.9c. Will lower to 18c whilst at work, to ensure it doesn't get too cold whilst I'm out.

• Like 1

Posted

14.6°C without the heating. It has just been switched on though. 

Edited by matt111

Posted

15.7°C and warming up slowly with all the radiators at full afterburner.