Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Cold Haters Club 22/23

RJBingham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

There were bees and everything this week.🤦‍♂️ An SSW will take us back three months and turn March into Smarch🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

Posted

Yeah. I saw a couple of bees in my back garden couple of days back. Thursday and Friday in particular were very springlike. Absolutely beautiful.  The air was mild and free of that horrible chill as well. Looking forward to a 1989 summer . Started in early May and went all the way through October. Classic summer. Loads of sunshine. 30c temps. And the occasional nasty thunderstorm! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
On 19/02/2023 at 15:04, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yeah. I saw a couple of bees in my back garden couple of days back. Thursday and Friday in particular were very springlike. Absolutely beautiful.  The air was mild and free of that horrible chill as well. Looking forward to a 1989 summer . Started in early May and went all the way through October. Classic summer. Loads of sunshine. 30c temps. And the occasional nasty thunderstorm! 

1989 was the summer of love ❤️ 

Posted
25 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Feels grim out there in the wind.

any signs of spring proper in the models?

Not much fun is it. At least we're getting to the point where anytime you can get out of the wind and into the sun, it'll feel okay. Hope it won't be too long until the first 20c day. Of course the perfection that is 24c would be better, but I'm realistic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 hours ago, davehsug said:

Not much fun is it. At least we're getting to the point where anytime you can get out of the wind and into the sun, it'll feel okay. Hope it won't be too long until the first 20c day. Of course the perfection that is 24c would be better, but I'm realistic!

24 would be amazing - can happen as soon as early April so around a month maybe if we’re lucky!

I just struggle at this time of year - so desperate for the warmer weather and my skin and hair feels so grey and lifeless and dank. Horrible.

I just worry winter will drag on until May as it seems to do the last few years at least. A spring like 2020 or 2018 would be phenomenal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Met office contingency outlook looked promising for warmth from April onwards. Also seen a few GEFS ensemble members and even an 18z det run the other day showing a few spots reaching 20⁰C at the end of the run. (mid March) 

I do think in the next few weeks we'll be seeing something warmer appear in the model output. 🤞

• Like 3

Posted

Oh dear folks, it did look like we might get away with it , but the models seem to have turned against us. Let's hope it doesn't last too long, and at least there's some worthwhile snow and not just cold sleet and a slushy mess! Any hope of keeping those bills down, especially with the Impending huge rises looks forlorn as well.

Ah well, our time will come again 🤔

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Looks like going back in to hibernation for another week. 

Just keep cheering the ECM on! We can't escape the next few days, but it does eventually clear the cold away!

Posted
35 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Just keep cheering the ECM on! We can't escape the next few days, but it does eventually clear the cold away!

With you chap every step of the way. Bring on barmy warm evenings.  T shirt and shorts. Ice cold cider ! The cold can do one .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

A cold haters club. In this country. Laughable. 🤣

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
1 hour ago, simshady said:

If we are being realistic, do we really need a cold-haters or a heat-haters club for our climate - considering it's defining feature is "mildness". 

Whether you hate the heat or the cold, Britain is one of the most fortunate places you could be living as we very, very rarely get anything extreme, and when we do, it's effectively just what other countries have for weeks on end as normality, and it'll last a few days in our country at most (Beast from the East for example, or the upper 30c days last summer). We have an incredibly benign climate for anyone who is sensitive to extreme conditions. 

My vote would be a "cloud haters" club considering as that's one of the key features of our climate and makes our weather patterns (imo) so regularly drab, dull and endlessly grey lol 😂

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, simshady said:

Not as laughable as the heat haters.

We have more cooler weather during the year, compared to uncomfortable heat. That’s just a fact.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
5 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Not as laughable as the heat haters.

We have more cooler weather during the year, compared to uncomfortable heat. That’s just a fact.

its not like it gets really cold for any length of time in the UK no such luck here in Canada..where it is both biting cold and dark 6 months of the year..it does however get uncomfortably warm/hot most summers ..due to the humidity in the UK ..you could argue the dampness in winter makes the UK feel a lot colder than it actually is.