Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Winter 2022/23 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
39 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

This week's Met Office weekly forecast: Will the current bore-fest outlast the weekend?

Super presentation again by the Met Office

They're popular again on the model thread because they are mentioning snow. They've had stick on the very same thread for most of the winter because they have, correctly, not predicted snow

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Any chance of a Vest From The West incoming to sweep away this cold grey windy showery awfulness ? 

Afraid not. Well not with warmth anyway. Seems that the Met are now favouring battleground snow next week

Got a stag do in Sheffield on the 11th and taking in the Luton game at Bramall Lane as part of that. Won't be happy if that trip and game is kyboshed by lousy March snow

Edited by LRD

Posted
1 hour ago, LRD said:

Afraid not. Well not with warmth anyway. Seems that the Met are now favouring battleground snow next week

Got a stag do in Sheffield on the 11th and taking in the Luton game at Bramall Lane as part of that. Won't be happy if that trip and game is kyboshed by lousy March snow

Sheffield is a sound City. Been there loads of times at Bramhall Lane and Hillsborough following Wolves FC. Have a good day chap. 

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Sheffield is a sound City. Been there loads of times at Bramhall Lane and Hillsborough following Wolves FC. Have a good day chap. 

Yeah I sort of know Sheffield as a city but haven't been there for a while. I've been to both Hillsborough and Bramall but not for a long time. Although, as far as Yorkshire goes, I know Leeds better but I've never been to Elland Road

Thanks mate. Yeah, it's a stag so we won't let a possible bad result spoil the weekend! Just hope the weather doesn't either 

Edited by LRD

Posted

I suspect that this much awaited 'cold spell' isn't going to be particularly cold, particularly snowy or particularly long-lived for most.

Good.

Roll on Spring 2023. 😁

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter spring autumn

This definitely isn't the snow ramp thread...... they must all be in MAD thread

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, LRD said:

So long as the battleground is north of Hadrian's Wall. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
11 minutes ago, Buzz said:

I suspect that this much awaited 'cold spell' isn't going to be particularly cold, particularly snowy or particularly long-lived for most.

Good.

Roll on Spring 2023. 😁

Can't disagree with roll on Spring! but March to me is looking more like an average December, coldish/average dry first week, then wet and windy from 8th to 31st but warm, but not the weather yet for a vest, as posted from the west

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

But by this time tomorrow, the MAD thread might look like this: 😁

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, People, Helmet

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Robin2012 said:

Bet it’s hurting real bad eh?? 🤣🤣🤣

Not for me but it will for the snow lovers when the fantasy charts fail to come to fruition yet again!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

But by this time tomorrow, the MAD thread might look like this: 😁

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, People, Helmet

Yep, let's hope. Unfortunately, it's all moved significantly to cold in the last 24 hours. Pity but I can't delude myself that cold is not the favourite like a lot often do in the model thread when it's the other way round

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, LRD said:

Yep, let's hope. Unfortunately, it's all moved significantly to cold in the last 24 hours. Pity but I can't delude myself that cold is not the favourite like a lot often do in the model thread when it's the other way round

Well it's kind of gone a little in the colder direction today but not by much and only briefly (although of course some people are getting over-excited with the latest ECM output - however, as has been said umpteen times before: 'one model, one run .......'). We can see the general overall pattern, but amounts of cold and snow and any longevity are still up in the air. I suspect it'll be a damp squib, at least for those in the south, but we'll. see.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Tbf, I'd be pretty chuffed with tonight's ECM if I was a coldie! Even though snow does nothing for me and I'd much rather the mild, I think I'd take that run just for something different to this nothing-ness we've had for 6 weeks now.

• Like 6

Posted
On 26/02/2023 at 19:48, damianslaw said:

I'll have a moan about February 2023, what a trying month for weather enthusiasts, barely any weather to talk about, its been unusually static, very dry, temps anomalously mild, quite sunny, high pressure has stuck limpet for the full duration. Did anyone foresee such a dry sunny mild February devoid of any wintriness, storminess of wetness! Roll on March and offer some weather to talk about please!

It hasn’t been an overly mild month

It’s been pretty cold at times in my location, and tonight is freezing cold. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, LRD said:

I’m calling Kybosh. After the winter we’ve had, I still think snow will be possible until even April.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

July 12th. Snow coming. 

🤣 Probably the date of the next +40⁰ day.