Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2022/23 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Nice and sunny again but this time all day. Not warm but pleasant when out of the breeze. 

• Like 2

Posted

Personally, I don't mind a bit of spring cold.. like how some people appreciate autumn warmth. April 2021 is a great example, probably my most favourite spring month along with March 2013 and May 2013. Those clear skies and hard frosts in April was unusual but I enjoyed every bit of it. 

I'd like a cold March but understand why many don't. It's just a preference 😄👍

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

My favourite kind of spring is a mixed one, accompanied by a gradual warm up throughout the season. I don't mind having some wintry weather up until around 15th of March, but after that I have lost interest. On the other hand I don't want a 2020 repeat either, as nice as it was.

I wouldn't mind a spring similar to last year. The cold didn't linger for too long, and my neck of the woods had a good mix of sunshine, showers and warm days. Sadly though, nowadays mixed weather is hard to come by and is often either drought or washout.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 3

Posted

Not a great day here. The mist lasted until nearly midday and it has now clouded over. We briefly reached a max of 6.3C but it is now 5.8C.

Where the forecasts were getting 10-11C from here I'll never know. They had the mist and fog gone by 9am but its only mid-February so that was unlikely.

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Thick fog cleared here by about 10am. Sunny from 11am onward. Managed 13.8°C as well, felt very nice for all of the ten minutes I spent in it. 🥴

• Like 1

Posted
On 10/02/2023 at 14:32, kold weather said:

I found April 2021 and even first part of May 2021 a bit rough as winter really did extend that year. Whilst it was never really cold, having constantly sleety rain and grapuel showers compared to what was served up in Spring 2020 quite the comedown.

Yes it was vile that year. The cold sunny April after the late warm spell in March was a real kick in the teeth. And the warm spell in March was after a longer cold period.

May 21 was just proof of just how cold it can still be, almost halfway into the year, despite a warming world.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Beautiful day here today! Same again 2moz by the looks of it, so will be a shame if we enter a big freeze soon after glorious days like this giving a taste of Spring!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Hi all 

I’m about sick to the back teeth of this uninspiring wet, cold, damp foggy weather this winter. The sadistic nature of the coldies on the model forum is disturbing I want some warmth now I have stuff to do in the garden roll on spring and the first day of 18oC. For the love of god warm up soon 🤣

LO

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

As March is my birth month I have always remembered the old saying of "In like a Lion out like a lamb" 

It's not always worked out that way but I can't control the weather so take what comes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Has the SSW officially landed yet?...MAD thread scouring every bit of data and every hour of the models to fit in with their mindset, little appearing as of yet.

March it is according to some...to late for me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
24 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Has the SSW officially landed yet?...MAD thread scouring every bit of data and every hour of the models to fit in with their mindset, little appearing as of yet.

March it is according to some...to late for me.

Not yet, over night or sometime tomorrow it will actually happen. After that, models will probably look different everyrun, depending on what has actually happened up top, and if it's moving down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

The third gorgeous blue sky day in a row in London. There's a noticeable increase in solar radiation now and it feels very spring-like out there!

We have some beautiful crocus blooming locally, along with some daffodils and bluebells starting to make their appearance 🌞

Could contain: Purple, Grass, Petal, Flower, Vegetation, Park, Outdoors, Daisy, Grassland, Geranium  Could contain: Flower, Plant, Petal, Iris, Vegetation, Outdoors, Purple, Crocus, Nature, Grass

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Interesting. To we Ryan hall on utude saying that there could be. A. Svs on. The way late. Feb. Early March

Posted
2 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Exeter having nothing to do with any Northern blocking this side of Spring and by that time cold is  of absolutely no interest personally.

Certainly suggestive of a dry end to Feb with high pressure around the UK which ties in with the 00z data  so not all bad. 

Regarding winter it's been poor locally , think we've had two days of snow showers which over 3 months is grim although I suppose in a warming world its probably the norm now.

Time to  bow out until summer for me,  march and April my two least favourite months interest wise .

Fingers crossed for those still hunting for snow ❄️ 😀 

It's been very poor here, even compared to last Winter, with only two occasions where very light snow has briefly fallen. The frosts have been nice but zero laying snow. One thing I'd say though is that I'd still consider the first two weeks of March as Winter proper, certainly in my location. After that there's still lots of potential for snow but by then I'm desperate for Spring. 

Hopefully you'll hang in there for another week or two NWS and the charts do hold some promise at the moment. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Gizzy said:

Can't see this SSW amounting to much if I am honest, at best ( or worst ) it will be a cold miserable sleety March.

Why not? 

Posted
1 minute ago, Ali1977 said:

Why not? 

Just don't see much happening from it, SSW doesn't always represent sub zero temps and certainly not as we move into March.

Cold, maybe-  snowy, probably not-  sleety, probably.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
6 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Can't see this SSW amounting to much if I am honest, at best ( or worst ) it will be a cold miserable sleety March.

You need to back that with some output from the models.👍 The banner headline of this discussion. However if it was “ let’s have guess at what March will be like” you post would be perfect. 

Below is as far as we can see from the models. And that’s FI on steroids. 🤣 let’s just see what unfolds. 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Art, Outdoors, Graphics, Nature

• Like 8

Posted

Time will tell I guess.

As for the models there is no point considering them just yet, they will flip and flop more times than a penguin eating sweets over the coming weeks.

My advice, keep guessing but dont bet on it happening 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold and more cold
4 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Time will tell I guess.

As for the models there is no point considering them just yet, they will flip and flop more times than a penguin eating sweets over the coming weeks.

Insightful post

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
4 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Time will tell I guess.

Your opinion is a valid as anyone, you just need to back why you think what you think using whatever data available. 👍 

• Like 1