Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2022/23 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

I'm all for a cold easterly blast but only at the right time of year, it's getting on in winter now and I'm hoping for something spring like in the next few weeks, cold blast useless if the snow ain't going to stick around 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 hours ago, markyo said:

Well, another Winterless year for certain now looking at the models. One short lived spell of cooler/cold temps in December isn't Winter, far from it. It would be akin to have a brief hot snap in June then below average temps for rest of summer. Folk would be moaning like hell about that.😉

Not winterless, just largely snowless. We’ve had copious frost down here, and not just light frosts either. The snow however has been pathetic. For me it’s the equivalent of having repeated hot spells but not getting above 30 degrees in any of them.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
10 hours ago, LetItSnow! said:

Highs over Europe bringing up southerly flows... hmm, seen that pattern before. Weather patterns at the moment would bring a scorchio in summer. Wonder if the atmosphere is "showing" us a taste of summer 2023. Just like last winter...

hope like last year, that was a lovely summer besides the few days going over 35c then I can say it could tone down a bit unless you live near the coast.

• Like 2

Posted

Dull, overcast and cool today. Just 6.4C at the moment.

Hopefully it'll clear soon as we've had a couple of days of this now.

It wasn't bad weather for cutting the lawn, mind you. The ground was as dry as a bone, very unusual for this early.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

After a few dull days the sun has finally come out. Took its time but it’s been out for around an hour now. 

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, markyo said:

Well, another Winterless year for certain now looking at the models. One short lived spell of cooler/cold temps in December isn't Winter, far from it. It would be akin to have a brief hot snap in June then below average temps for rest of summer. Folk would be moaning like hell about that.😉

Agree Agree! I like seasonal and I love cold and snow! No snow = no winter! I'm in your camp mate!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, matt111 said:

After a few dull days the sun has finally come out. Took its time but it’s been out for around an hour now. 

Yup just popped out here too!

Posted

Beautiful here. Clear blue skies.

Only 11c in shade, but in back garden suntrap the sun has real warmth now.

Edited by Bristle Si
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Gorgeous since about 11am after a few days of cloud. Just shy of 10 degrees but as said above, feeling lovely in the sun!

With each passing day of this type of weather I become less bothered about somewhat apologetic late season cold…

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Indeed peeps -- after a weekend of inglorious anticyclonic gloom, today's turning into a stonker: 10C with unbroken sunshine. 👍

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, MP-R said:

Not winterless, just largely snowless. We’ve had copious frost down here, and not just light frosts either. The snow however has been pathetic. For me it’s the equivalent of having repeated hot spells but not getting above 30 degrees in any of them.

I wouldn't mind that, however not having a storm after them is really annoying.

Posted

Looks like it will be spring before any cold arrives…Gave up waiting and headed for East Europe. Here is my son drowning in snow this morning in Romania …

Could contain: Coat, Jacket, Portrait, Person, Glove, Hat, Child, Boy, Male, Outdoors

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Tree, Plant, Scenery, Fir, Snow, Person, Winter

Edited by Tim Bland
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Another mild week is coming up, according to today's Met Office weekly... 👍

I'm intrigued as to how many folks are expecting anything else when it'll be (probably) a couple of weeks until the SSW starts to take effect. And, even then, it mightn't have any effect at all! 🤔

• Like 4

Gloriously sunny here this afternoon and feeling warm in my sun room - the sun really gaining some power now.  North Wales looks a good place to be tomorrow, 16C possible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 hours ago, Tim Bland said:

Looks like it will be spring before any cold arrives…Gave up waiting and headed for East Europe. Here is my son drowning in snow this morning in Romania …

Could contain: Coat, Jacket, Portrait, Person, Glove, Hat, Child, Boy, Male, Outdoors

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Tree, Plant, Scenery, Fir, Snow, Person, Winter

Lovely.😍 I'll be doing something similar next Winter for sure!

Incredible that we can go through another February without even one half decent toppler, let alone any form of a coldish easterly or north easterly. I have zero interest in a cold March or April, or god forbid May, outside of maybe the first third of March.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Had exactly 6 mins if sun then cloudy again,  bloody crap

• Like 1

Posted

Cracking day today, wall to wall sunshine, same tomorrow...I can already feel my energy levels and general mojo rising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Sunny here but a cold wind blowing, saw the 1st half naked person along the sea front, pretty mad if you ask me. There are one or two that go swimming in the winter months, but I have noticed that sunbathing does not usually start in February until we hit about 12/13c, and it was nowhere near that here today.😬

Most people were still wrapped up pretty well. 

• Like 2

Posted

Nice to have some warmth and sunshine! I've got one last cold chase in me but better it stays mild than some chilly murk that doesn't deliver snow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
6 hours ago, MP-R said:

Well put, for your area i kind of get that...Its like tottering on the edge of something special, something you'd really enjoy to see but let down. For my area, huddled in the Pennies, frosts aren't winter, snow is winter, proper snow, sadly a thing of near extinction i fear. Oh and just to say i haven't even come close to not wearing shorts daily, even one of my colleges has joined in!!

Posted
19 minutes ago, adrianh said:

Nice to have some warmth and sunshine! I've got one last cold chase in me but better it stays mild than some chilly murk that doesn't deliver snow.

Which, apart from a single half-hour-long wet snow shower, is all we have seen this winter... Cold, stagnant air underlying an inversion might be very cold at the surface, but it isn't the same as a deep cold airmass that stays cold when the wind blows in any particular direction...? 🤔

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

Seasons have moved from Dec - Feb to Jan - Mar🙃.  Soon will move to Feb - Apr. 

Due to longer days in Jan than Dec, winter is not as severe as it was when it was Dec -Feb. And Feb - Apr will not be as severe (cold) as Jan-Mar was. 

Need to make the adjustment in human expectations, it will continue to move until “winter” is Jun-Aug at which point we will enter the next ice age proper.

it’s like this generation has just crested the hill.