Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2022/23 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
36 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

No named storms either

Nothing that interesting full stop let alone storms.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Yes me too. Massively!

Worries me too.

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Nothing that interesting full stop let alone storms.

Sounds like you've had no weather full stop matt😵

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It has seemed like it most of the time lately 😴

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, matt111 said:

It has seemed like it most of the time lately 😴

I don't count cloudy and dry as weather personally lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 hours ago, lassie23 said:

As they weatherforcaster in Australia once said, there's no weather today. Basically just the normal sun, although in our case soon, which will be a shame after all this sun, cloud.

• Like 1

Posted

you can tell how screwed up the weather in general is nowadays, we've just had an amazing red sky here, usually that would mean bad weather or rain on the way, but not nowadays....it's going to be the same weather we've had for 90% of the past year....boring nothingness.

Even if it's sunny, it's still boring, boring boring!

I feel sorry for the under 20s, who've not really seen what traditional British weather is like, even here in the Midlands. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 hour ago, cyclonic happiness said:

you can tell how screwed up the weather in general is nowadays, we've just had an amazing red sky here, usually that would mean bad weather or rain on the way, but not nowadays....it's going to be the same weather we've had for 90% of the past year....boring nothingness.

Even if it's sunny, it's still boring, boring boring!

I feel sorry for the under 20s, who've not really seen what traditional British weather is like, even here in the Midlands. 

The red sky is simply the result of greater solar refraction occuring during winter. The saying stems from the likelyhood that winters are normally more unsettledband therefore red skys were often followed by rain, ridge then trough. The skies have always been coincidental though and not indicative.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

4th hard frost of the week in Wiltshire, everyone wonders where winter is, it’s around alright! 

Yes, whilst it has been sunny and the sun is evidently gaining in strength I don't think it has felt very springlike just yet. It feels like a sunny spell of late wintry weather. And as you say, the hard frosts.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

the clear blue skies are the best thing for winter at the moment, at least you're able to feel warmth now in the sun which is so much better then overcast skies with chilly wind (though for me it's absolutely freezing wind)

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!
38 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

the clear blue skies are the best thing for winter at the moment, at least you're able to feel warmth now in the sun which is so much better then overcast skies with chilly wind (though for me it's absolutely freezing wind)

The problem is we can't get the bloody sun , another cloudy drizzly day and mild to boot

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Yes, whilst it has been sunny and the sun is evidently gaining in strength I don't think it has felt very springlike just yet. It feels like a sunny spell of late wintry weather. And as you say, the hard frosts.

Today is the first day I've gone out and thought, hang on why am I wearing a jacket. We had a frost again this morning, but I think today is milder than it has been in this high pressure spell so far. We've lost the easterly drift down here now. 

• Like 2

Posted
On 07/02/2023 at 23:41, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I personally haven't had enough with winter just yet and I would be happy for wintry conditions to continue up until mid March. It's not that often we get fairly decent spells in winter these days, so I am very much enjoying it. 

February is a winter month and is the winter equivalent of August, despite many Februaries in recent years often being more springlike. 

No, I’m happy for winter to end once we moved into March. 

But, I’ll take the colder stuff until St Paddy’s day. From March 17th onwards, I always crave for warmer days. 

Winter has outlasted its stay if the cold weather persists into late March and early April. 

• Like 4

Posted
50 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

No, I’m happy for winter to end once we moved into March. 

But, I’ll take the colder stuff until St Paddy’s day. From March 17th onwards, I always crave for warmer days. 

Winter has outlasted its stay if the cold weather persists into late March and early April. 

I found April 2021 and even first part of May 2021 a bit rough as winter really did extend that year. Whilst it was never really cold, having constantly sleety rain and grapuel showers compared to what was served up in Spring 2020 quite the comedown.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
17 hours ago, Nick L said:

I do worry we're on course for severe water issues this summer.

Don't say that, or we'll get a washout spring and summer! 😉

2012 and all that...

Edited by Summer8906
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
14 minutes ago, Summer8906 said:

Don't say that, or we'll get a washout spring and summer! 😉

2012 and all that...

Not to worry -- someone or another makes that prediction every year! 😁

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Some variation on what the GFS is showing (possibly an extremely dry month in the south) versus the Met Office text forecast, which suggests a change to something wetter and more changeable from around a week's time.

I've generally enjoyed the past 4 weeks, with frequent frosty nights, which has helped greatly in preventing the season advancing too much (though I do fear what effect potential mild weather in the next few days will have) and spells of sunny days. The week of Jan 29 was duller and mostly frost-free but it's mostly been a good spell of weather.

Not sure about sunshine levels in the next few days, there seems to be an injection of cloudier Atlantic air ongoing right now, though over the weekend the high builds in situ and presumably kills off the frontal system. Mixed signals I guess?

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

The night of 15th January was the last proper rain here, from the channel low that caused that landslip in Woking on the train-line. Almost a month of winter drought conditions since! I said at the time that we'd probably get stuck under persistent high pressure for a long period after that, and that has come to be the case. All too predictable, these days!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
8 minutes ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

The night of 15th January was the last proper rain here, from the channel low that caused that landslip in Woking on the train-line. Almost a month of winter drought conditions since! I said at the time that we'd probably get stuck under persistent high pressure for a long period after that, and that has come to be the case. All too predictable, these days!

Same here in Devon too, no rain since really since January, hoping a high gets stuck over us alot in sping and summer, would rather get the rain in autumn and winter

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Whilst I have been enjoying the sunshine crisp days, I would equally like to experience a storm or two before winter is out. But I am not very hopeful.

This February is a far cry from last year's.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
26 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

So true, and is it any wonder that people from other countries think that we have terrible weather here when they read these articles when really at least in the south its pretty tame....That is the british media for you 🥱

• Like 2

Posted

Yes the last thing I'd want is a wet summer. Unless all the rain came from thunderstorms of course. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1