Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
7 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

The trouble is we don’t seem to get that ‘Goldilocks’ temperature anymore do we? When heat arrives it’s always 30C+

Personally, I'm seeing a lot of goldilocks temperatures here from Heathrow last summer. Yes a number of days exceeding 30c (and one day exceeding 40c), but many, many days in the 23c-30c range:

Could contain: Text

Could contain: Computer, Computer Hardware, Computer Keyboard, Electronics, Hardware

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
50 minutes ago, danm said:

Yep poor Summers following a poor Spring also happen, but the two are very unlikely to be linked. It doesn't follow that a poor Spring will lead to a much higher chance of a poor Summer. 

Exactly this.

Our weather can change at any time which is why it's so hard to predict more than a few days in advance. There is no guarantee that we'll have a poor summer just because the weather is poor now. Even if we have a poor May, that still doesn't mean that the summer will be poor.

I don't go for warm September leading to a mild winter theory either.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, danm said:

Personally, I'm seeing a lot of goldilocks temperatures here from Heathrow last summer. Yes a number of days exceeding 30c (and one day exceeding 40c), but many, many days in the 23c-30c range:

Could contain: Text

Could contain: Computer, Computer Hardware, Computer Keyboard, Electronics, Hardware

That 40, it's still hard to sink in to be honest. The min that day, although a technical tropical night, wasn't as impressive, even if it was roasting for a min. Strange times.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

At long last some better news on the weather front. Pardon the pun: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

Last year record breaking heat around spain/italy was probably a precursor to our 40*C heatwave. Maybe a repeat this year? I personally hope so 🔥

All the models in about 10days starting to introduce a swollen Azores high which is given me nightmares from May 2013 when I went to Morocco and it rained on 7 out of 10days. The models aren’t quite there yet but GFS is persistently clear all heat from Western Europe’s including Spain by around the 8th May. Personally would be a nightmare for me as heading down there for 16th May and broken my own rules for not going places out of high season. What I’d give to be down there now. 

While the weekend and early next week may not be too bad I’m expecting a poor mid May now I think. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
56 minutes ago, Downburst said:

That 40, it's still hard to sink in to be honest. The min that day, although a technical tropical night, wasn't as impressive, even if it was roasting for a min. Strange times.

Still difficult to comprehend reaching 40C but arguably more so seeing a new record min of 26.8C.  The first 80F night and almost 3C higher than the previous record.  These are truly tropical overnight temperatures and to see it over 50 deg. north is quite something.  Genuinely don't know what the limit is now.  Could we see a 30C night this century?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

Still difficult to comprehend reaching 40C but arguably more so seeing a new record min of 26.8C.  The first 80F night and almost 3C higher than the previous record.  These are truly tropical overnight temperatures and to see it over 50 deg. north is quite something.  Genuinely don't know what the limit is now.  Could we see a 30C night this century?

I hope not, was 30⁰c in my house, and I woke up with heat exhaustion, if it's that hot outside, well it's not worth thinking about what might have happened, but the inside of my house would be even warmer. Time I think for air conditioning to be standard.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Andrew Hurcomb said:

At 8.04am this morning we had a TOP temp of 7.7C.  Then it has nose dived between 6.1 and 6.9C all afternoon and heavy rain.

Put this on to cheer myself up!

The video to this was filmed in July 1981. It looks dull and cold. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Azazel said:

Nah completely sick of this now.

Is this never ending nuclear winter ever forecast to end?

Sorry to hear about your dad mate. 

Stay strong 👍

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

What a contrast today in Yorkshire!!!

@Jeremy Shockey

@vizzy2004

This was my experience…

Could contain: Field, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Countryside, Hill, Mound

Lots of showers and occasional sunshine, bitter wind.

Despite slightly milder 850s there’s not a sniff of any settled and late spring like weather on the cards. By now we should start seeing multiple 20C plus days consecutively in the better spells . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

The average warmest day of each spring month here is as follows...

Mar: 17.6c

Apr: 22.1c

May: 26.2c

In the last week of April now and we have failed to record the typical max temp for March.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Brought my winter coat back out today, felt bitter in the strong north wind, cold hands. 

Still waiting to sit outside and not feel cold. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

118mms of rain so far with more to come! The ground is saturated needs at least a week of sunshine ☀️ and a gentle breeze to dry things out a little. Fat chance of that happening 🤣

• Insightful 1

Posted
4 hours ago, B87 said:

In recent years, poor springs tend to be followed by good summers.

1994, 1996, 2006, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018 all had poor springs followed by mostly decent summers.

2008, 2012 and 2021 were poor springs followed by bad summers.

First half of 2018 was poor, but second half excellent, what a May! Think you might be meaning 2008, though it did bring some good weather in first half of May.

2012 brought the very dry mild March and end to May but yes the summer was very poor and April and much of May terrible. 

2021 was ok here, quite reasonable. 

The last very poor Spring- summer combo devoid of much warmth or any settled weather was probably 1993. some 30 years ago. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

First half of 2018 was poor, but second half excellent, what a May! Think you might be meaning 2008, though it did bring some good weather in first half of May.

2012 brought the very dry mild March and end to May but yes the summer was very poor and April and much of May terrible. 

The last very poor Spring- summer combo devoid of much warmth or any settled weather was probably 1993. some 30 years ago. 

March and April (excluding 3 days mid month) of 2018 were awful, though May was very good.

2008 was similar, Mar/Apr were bad with a warm and sunny May.

2021 had a very warm last day of March (23.8c), which was only exceeded on the last day of May (24.1c). April was exceptionally cold, if sunny, and May was poor as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
14 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Well you got to admit its well well overdue! Utterly loving it, the best Spring for many years, hay fever at bay, no aircon on. Fantastic, just hope that the payback doesn't come this Summer, after last year that would be horrendous.

• Like 3

Posted
16 minutes ago, markyo said:

Well you got to admit its well well overdue! Utterly loving it, the best Spring for many years, hay fever at bay, no aircon on. Fantastic, just hope that the payback doesn't come this Summer, after last year that would be horrendous.

2021 was pretty much devoid of warmth. Only 6 days surpassed 20c all spring, and 4 of those were in the last week of May.

April and May were both 2-2.5c below average.

There were still some bare trees in early May that year.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted

IlPyzmT.png

2023 so far

PqFNCH7.png

Edited by B87
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

1993? Lol. 

I remember that spring being quite warmish. Second half of March was very sunny and mild, and parts of April contained some warmish days. 18-20c days were quite common. There were some cooler wetter interludes.

May was mixed with some warm sunny days and a few cool dull ones.

Summer was poor overall that year, after a mid June heatwave. 

Posted
59 minutes ago, markyo said:

Do you actually all this rain?

My partner is really suffering as she can’t seem to do any work in this weather. 

16 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Best Spring in ages!? Are some really saying........Best Spring in ages???!!!!!!!  Its rained almost every day, been as dull as dirty bath water with as much sunshine as an underground cave system, been impossible to plan anything outdoors and everywhere I go everyone is so miserable and fed up, constantly complaining about how drab its been. Best Spring in ages my a**!

Worst spring in a long time is more fitting lol. But, it really does depend on the person. Most people I talk to(young and older) say it’s one of the worst springs for a long time. 

• Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Best Spring in ages!? Are some really saying........Best Spring in ages???!!!!!!!  Its rained almost every day, been as dull as dirty bath water with as much sunshine as an underground cave system, been impossible to plan anything outdoors and everywhere I go everyone is so miserable and fed up, constantly complaining about how drab its been. Best Spring in ages my a**!

I think if this continues into summer 23, people will be jumping off the white cliffs of Dover. 

58 minutes ago, B87 said:

2021 was pretty much devoid of warmth. Only 6 days surpassed 20c all spring, and 4 of those were in the last week of May.

April and May were both 2-2.5c below average.

There were still some bare trees in early May that year.

Yeah, 2021 was rotten, despite the sunny April it was a cold one and May was horrendous. 

• Like 2