Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Snow Watch limited edition

Paul
Message added by Paul,

This snow watch thread is an extension of the usual model discussion for those who want to chat about the snow chances over the coming days. For more general model discussion, please use the Models, models and more models thread, which also includes the model highlights.

As usual, for more general weather chat, moans and ramps, please head over to the Spring chat thread.

Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted
19 hours ago, Tim Bland said:

My guess is They  put out a warning for ‘up to 5cm.’ and some places will get 1cm 😂 can’t see it lasts for that long and there’s not much high ground in the area where it’s heaviest ie Lincolnshire & Norfolk. Good news it’s that whatever does accumulate could last 24hrs this time 

Well I wasn’t far off 😫

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Hail, Snow

Could contain: Chart

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.
Just now, SussexSnowman said:

Loving the pictures. Whilst it might not be winter, it’s safe to assume that everyone over the last few months has had a dose of snow 👍🏻

Who doesn’t love dog related snow videos. Here’s mine from December when we got the white stuff. My Westie just loves it! She may be getting on in years and hampered by arthritis, she’s still young at heart and I hope she has more snow days left.

Yep 👍 I had 7 days in December then spent a week in NE Scotland in January (lots of snow) and a nice snowfall Wednesday. Even started snowing again this morning so I’m well happy especially as I live in lowland south. I know some are playing down yesterdays snow warnings and missed out but don’t let that disguise the fact that also many areas have just got pasted and many roads are blocked. It is the UK after all and March so good effort. Love it 😍 ❄️❄️❄️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
55 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

I did my friend😍!5cms on normal ground but on other surfaces close to 10!!as i say the pics dont do it justice...

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Portrait, Pants, Snow, Coat, Snowman, Jacket, Hoodie

Could contain: Tree, Nature, Outdoors, Person, Glove, Weather, Shoe, Ice, Winter, Snow

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Glove, Person, Shoe, Ice, Helmet, Tree, Winter

Could contain: Footprint, Outdoors

Could contain: Person, Clothing, Footwear, Shoe, Footprint

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Blizzard, Snow, Storm, Weather

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Car, Vehicle, Winter, Machine, Wheel, Footprint, Shoe, Snow

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Handrail, Weather, Winter, Ice, Car, Snow, Blizzard, Storm

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Spoke, Weather, Alloy Wheel, Car, Tire, Wheel, Winter, Snow

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Car, Vehicle, Winter, Blizzard, Snow, Storm, Weather, Wheel

Pleased for you mate...although brave for wearing shorts..🥶..having said that our postman always wears shorts whatever time of year...some snow here ..not enough to settle this time but really big flakes when the sun came out strangely...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, minus10 said:

Pleased for you mate...although brave for wearing shorts..🥶..having said that our postman always wears shorts whatever time of year...some snow here ..not enough to settle this time but really big flakes when the sun came out strangely...

Im always in shorts buddy anytime of the year!!even the parents on the school runs ask me how do you do it with just shorts in this weather lol!!i run 5k every other day over the last 8 years so ive kinda climatised to any kind of weather maybe!!🤔

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh
1 hour ago, chillyblast said:

I'm down south, but live in that region, 270m asl.

Was hoping to get back tonight, but guess thats a no chance? (no main road to my place, back roads).

Do you reckon Sunday is a good bet, if its potentially going to snow again next week!

As you know @chillyblast we have our own micro climate up here.

The snow field is going to drop the temp down big time tonight plus we are possibles getting a little bit more tomorrow.

So  travelling Sunday is a good idea. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The persistent snow has turned to heavy showers now and in-between clearer spells. 

Edited by andy989
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
2 hours ago, SussexSnowman said:

Loving the pictures. Whilst it might not be winter, it’s safe to assume that everyone over the last few months has had a dose of snow 👍🏻

No snow here not even sleet 😞

• Like 3

Posted
34 minutes ago, saintkip said:

Great pictures, a pretty impressive couple of days. 
one thing that winds me up is the people in their cars stuck on the motorway moaning about being stuck, if they’d took the advice they wouldn’t have been travelling over the Pennines. And  if you have to travel fine but don’t moan if you get stuck and post lame videos on social media and play the blame game.

Don't find myself in agreement with Saints fans very often, but totally agree with you on this, does my head in too! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way
1 hour ago, Decemberof2010 said:

An expensive snowfall for someone

Ouch. Poor Lambo 

Could contain: Person, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Car - Exterior, Car Front - Damaged, Helmet

Could contain: Person, Worker, Helmet

Could contain: Person, Worker, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Clothing, Footwear, Shoe, Bus

Yeah .. damn expensive those bus shelters!! , lets hope no one was using it at the time 🤞

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bitter Cold in winter and Extreme heat in summer
Just now, StingJet said:

Yeah .. damn expensive those bus shelters!! , lets hope no one was using it at the time 🤞

Nobody there thankfully that’s the most important thing. Could have been much worse 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
3 hours ago, Decemberof2010 said:

An expensive snowfall for someone

Ouch. Poor Lambo 

Could contain: Person, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Car - Exterior, Car Front - Damaged, Helmet

Could contain: Person, Worker, Helmet

Could contain: Person, Worker, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Clothing, Footwear, Shoe, Bus

Miss judged drive through entrance i see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Non even here- as I expected!. A few hrs Wednesday of snow b4 the mild sector forcing infiltrated. Transition was the by word, and that’s that until nxt year away from the already proged areas north!!👋 ciao for now 👋

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 8