Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
19 minutes ago, Don said:

I call that hurricane something else beginning with an F, lol! 😁

Yep, as I said in the model thread, this time tomorrow the breakdown will be at the end of next week! 😟

You must be a riot at parties 🤣

Seriously though it's like pulling teeth whenever troughs and euro highs are involved. I think I'll have a breakdown before it does 🤣😭

• Like 5

Posted
12 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It's not been to bad here outside high of 25, coastal and have had a moderating east wind, but I think things ramp up soon, wind direction changes. Indoors however it's 28⁰ right now, and I wish my bed was in the garden.

Let's hope not 

I don't envy anyone living in the south east. Having said that, even Lancashire doesn't escape the muck from plumes or easterlies like it used to.

Cut the UK in half. Float the northern half to where Greenland is, and the southern half to the Azores. People can pick where they go 🤣

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

How people in the likes of London stick the heat is beyond me. Especially in heatwaves during the peak of summer. That would be my version of a living hell. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
3 minutes ago, sundog said:

How people in the likes of London stick the heat is beyond me. Especially in heatwaves during the peak of summer. That would be my version of a living hell. 

No issues here, better than  waiting for a 20c day up north just to take my top off .

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

No issues here, better than  waiting for a 20c day up north just to take my top off .

I'm in t shifts with no jacket at 12c. I'd swap with you any day as it's so much easier to warm up than it is to cool down 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
5 hours ago, sundog said:

Not easy mate!!

Especially when you live in a "pokey" Housing Association property which when designed, feeling comfortable in hot Weather was the least of considerations.

Land to build properties on is in very short supply in the concrete jungle, that is S.E. London.

Think the motto of these Housing Associations is "Knock 'em up small, cramped, tight nit, coin the rent in and stuff the Tenants comfort."

Ironically, the design of our House was partially the responsibility of my Wife's, former Sister-in-Law.

The "main" Bedroom [mine and my Wife], not big enough to swing a proverbial cat in.

Our Bedroom sits directly over our Kitchen, making it very unwise to use the Oven, in hot Weather.

We're having just Microwaveable meals at the moment  and eating a lot of Salad stuff.

No window in the Bathroom/ W.C. and low ceilings. It's  a real nightmare in hot Weather.

Yes, my Wife's former Sister-in-Law has lot to answer for.

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Into the Gates of Hell i must pass again today.....it is spelt   London..........☹️

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Cloudy and misty here so that will probably kill any chance of a record high. The good news is that I'm really cooling the house down.

• Like 2

Posted

Well the sun has come up with its usual "i'm going to make your day really, really uncomfortable & miserable"  confidence. Sadly no relief from any cloud or mist here, not even a breeze.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Very fortunate to have some fog here first thing, even a couple of hours relief from the sun is welcome. Ironically, this would have helped to cool the house down, but I was up and away early for work today! Ah well. Anything that can even take the edge off the heat is more than welcome.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and mild breezes. Thunder, heavy showers. Stormy seas.

Hi everyone.

Another hot day down here in East Sussex. Between here and Eastbourne, we get the warmest nights June-October. Its the nights that can be uncomfortable,

Midnights hanging at 23C plus is not unusual and average dawn lows of 13- 15C june July and August September.  The days i am fine with, usually a slight cool off here in sou-westers, but if its east/north/west, then it gets very warm ! 

Today might be near 30C. More like 32C a bit inland. Record being 34.4C in the south east. Gravesend. 

I dont actually mind 25C plus, unless its very humid and light winds. In drying easters, its fine in my opinion. Looks like near 30C for next 4 or 5 days here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal, but not too hot in summer.

After a surprisingly foggy and cloudy start the sun has finally broke through.  I was hoping it might stay cloudy for longer but alas it was not to be.

• Like 2

Posted

The chart thread is just people squabbling over when a breakdown might come, but it certainly seems likely that these hot, hot, HOT conditions are here until at least next Monday/Tuesday here in the South. 

The weekend, even with the promise of potential storms on Sunday, looks like humidity hell. Shall feel like boil in the bag rice! 

• Like 2

Well this is a nice bonus, overcast and approaching 11am. Temperature at 15c. The sun is starting to break through but will definitely take this small victory! This time next week it looks like it will all be over. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, The PIT said:

Cloudy and misty here so that will probably kill any chance of a record high. The good news is that I'm really cooling the house down.

Was foigy this morning now humid and sunny.

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Was foigy this morning now humid and sunny.

Same here. After a relaxing start to the day the sun has now burnt through the filth and the temperature is starting to soar.

• Like 1

Posted

Sun burnt the cloud off by ten but still hazy therefore cooler. Thankfully I can't see any records going here today due to the hazyness and earlier low cloud. Maybe tomorrow if the cloud goes quicker.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
28 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Sun burnt the cloud off by ten but still hazy therefore cooler. Thankfully I can't see any records going here today due to the hazyness and earlier low cloud. Maybe tomorrow if the cloud goes quicker.

Your joking right, it's hazy as hell here, but the temp is rocketing, was already 27, so hottest day of the year for sure at 11.

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Your joking right, it's hazy as hell here, but the temp is rocketing, was already 27, so hottest day of the year for sure at 11.

25 already at noon here. The air is disgusting.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
10 minutes ago, CharlieBear9 said:

Yes, I’m not a million miles away from you and it is getting oppressive out there again 😖  Has been a great summer for me to be fair without that intense heat during July and August to endure.  No issues with my joints but as soon as this heat started to kick in my joints have started creaking 😩

• Like 3

Posted

Still sunny here...... unfortunately. 24c locally, 25c indoors my home office, Forecast says it will hit 27c outdoors between 4 and 6pm this Afternoon and I can believe it, given its reached that for the last couple of days. Today already has more of an oppressive feel with it, or perhaps that is just my mood given what is to come.

The cloudfest which was forecast for tomorrow, has now turned into Sunny Spells for most of the day, and I expect further 'downgrades' to wall to wall sun by the morning. We seem to attract clear skies and wall to wall sunshine like a magnet currently, its one stagnant dirge. The various weather apps may as well just stick a huge evil looking Sun over Forecasts for this area between now and Monday, as I have this horrible feeling that is how its going to turn out.

Unfortunately I have to venture into the Work Office tomorrow. Not looking forward to coming out of hibernation whatsoever as my colleagues tell me its baking in there today. Not as bad as the indoor temperatures that Markyo is probably having to tolerate, but you can see it from there.

Edited by Chris J
  • Like 2

Posted

After this muck ends, it wouldn't brother me if I never saw the sun again

2 hours ago, CharlieBear9 said:

Agreed. No need for it

Edited by Frostillicus
  • Like 2

Posted

Well the temp has got higher than expected hitting 27.6C but the house not bad thanks to the early misty conditions. Just 23.2C in the hot house of the office and a cool 21.4C downstairs. all depends on the wind direction if get cloud again tomorrow morning. Outside temperatures will generally peak in hour so a chance of 28C. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Sounds good, @The PIT! I feel similarly that we half-dodged a bullet today, sure, it's hot but that fog this morning really helped and in honesty, it's hazy here in the West Midlands (my bit of it) today. That has stopped the sun blazing down all day and making it truly awful. Yesterday and the day before felt worse, in some ways...I didn't see this coming, but it's most welcome! I wish it was proper autumnal weather, but at the moment I'm coping. More of the same until this spell ends, please...