Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Love the way so many disagree with you....bit daft really aren't they,,,its the heat haters thread😅

Maybe they got bored of the mad thread and went for a wander 🤣

2 minutes ago, Penguin16 said:

I’ve got to say for me at least that the talk of heat in September being manageable is utter crap. Can’t wait for this to pass.

It definitely seems to be an IMBY situation. Many places in the same region have gotten away with the highest temp values compared to what I've experienced here. Never do well out of an easterly where I live 

• Like 3

Posted
43 minutes ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

See Beka, that's what happens when you cross to the dark side. Weren't you one of us, originally? 

Just got up from my Afternoon nap and our west facing bedroom is like  bl--dy furnace, even with a fan on.

Now downstairs in our east facing lounge and it's a bit cooler but also with a fan on.

Just said to 'er indoors we might need to put  a second fan on 

Did anyone see the Forecast of Chris “Guy“ Fawkes - image.thumb.png.c6d801328f1be11d4b311daad6042733.png 

Evidently, if 32.2C is reached in this horrendous spell, it will only be the 5th time in the last 100 years that the highest temperature has been recorded outside of the 3 Summer Months, namely September. 

It now looks as if the Weekend is going to be as bad and we'll have to wait until early next Week, to get any relief from this muck.

Below, are the recent readings, from nearby London City Airport.

image.thumb.png.31b98ef8a1dc77017ea0d30dc50a26dc.png image.thumb.png.1fa61da6e5071540e4f6e5478519b482.png image.thumb.png.16ffe595076833f0a2e05849aac49a43.png

Thankfully the relative humidity isn't too bad but is likely to worsen, soon.

Just taken B.P. medication but need one to lower my core temperature. 

'Er indoors is just about to serve up cold chicken salad. 

Roll on next Week!! 

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Keep it up mate, you're sense of humour is refreshing in our darkest hour 🤣

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
28 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

I have now got painful joints on the left side of my body making walking and moving very painful. My Achilles heel, knee, hip and shoulder are all painful.  My left knee to my left is the most flexible part of my body.

Yes, not great Katrine when you've got medical issues and are trying to get a decent night's sleep.

Just been informed by Colette that she can't face having a second fan on, as she has a sinus problem and drying the air out too much would make her feel worse and make it very difficult for her to sleep.

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, SollyOlly said:

Come, come join us @*Stormforce~beka*, you know it makes sense...😉 Feel the cool air of this thread...

Actually, we're a very nice bunch, supportive of one another. No sniping or snide comments here...! 

Can't promise any swimming pools though! 

LOL thank you. I don't usually agree with you all but I'm not a sniper even so. I only venture in when it's over 32 which starts to get hideous. 30c in my bedroom right now! 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

See Beka, that's what happens when you cross to the dark side. Weren't you one of us, originally? 

Just got up from my Afternoon nap and our west facing bedroom is like  bl--dy furnace, even with a fan on.

Now downstairs in our east facing lounge and it's a bit cooler but also with a fan on.

Just said to 'er indoors we might need to put  a second fan on 

Did anyone see the Forecast of Chris “Guy“ Fawkes - image.thumb.png.c6d801328f1be11d4b311daad6042733.png 

Evidently, if 32.2C is reached in this horrendous spell, it will only be the 5th time in the last 100 years that the highest temperature has been recorded outside of the 3 Summer Months, namely September. 

It now looks as if the Weekend is going to be as bad and we'll have to wait until early next Week, to get any relief from this muck.

Below, are the recent readings, from nearby London City Airport.

image.thumb.png.31b98ef8a1dc77017ea0d30dc50a26dc.png image.thumb.png.1fa61da6e5071540e4f6e5478519b482.png image.thumb.png.16ffe595076833f0a2e05849aac49a43.png

Thankfully the relative humidity isn't too bad but is likely to worsen, soon.

Just taken B.P. medication but need one to lower my core temperature. 

'Er indoors is just about to serve up a cold chicken salad. 

Roll on next Week!! 

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Noooo. I'm 7st 4lb and 5ft 2. I'm a lizard at heart. I'm ok in temps up to 32 anything over and it gets too much for me.

• Like 2

Posted

Well got on a train home in Manchester, it was stifling and that without using NSFW words. Just got off at Seamer which is a couple of miles outside Scarborough and it's pleasant. An on shore breeze and although warmer than I would expect my guess is that its may be 17 - 18c, well within my comfort zone. There is a hint of sea fret.

A remarkable difference.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

In contrast still 23C here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The best place to live now is in Lerwick, Shetland Islands where the maximum temperature reached 15°C with 95% humidity.  In Lerwick they are getting drizzle and fog. Tomorrow Lerwick highest temperature will be 21°C .

• Like 9

Posted
30 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

The best place to live now is in Lerwick, Shetland Islands where the maximum temperature reached 15°C with 95% humidity.  In Lerwick they are getting drizzle and fog. Tomorrow Lerwick highest temperature will be 21°C .

Sounds like paradise

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Penguin16 said:

I’ve got to say for me at least that the talk of heat in September being manageable is utter crap. Can’t wait for this to pass.

I love the heat but what I absolutely hate is sweatfest humidity! That’s why I much preferred the hot June.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
41 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

21c is a heatwave to them haha.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
54 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

not seen that? bbc going for 16 degrees, never known 21C there

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I got the temperatures from the Wunderground weather site.  They always have cooler temperatures than other weather sites.

Posted

Hi - I came across this and posted at the start of August - even Shetland can get warm every so often:

7_dGhlcm1vbWV0ZXJfaWNvbl93ZWF0aGVyMg.jpg
WWW.RMETS.ORG

During summer heatwaves or severe winter cold spells, everybody wants to know if such high or low temperatures are unusual, or indeed record-breaking. Given that...

"A curious British ‘heatwave’ occurred way back on 6 August 1910 when 28 °C was registered in the Shetland Isles, while nowhere elsewhere in the UK exceeded 20 °C. A pulse of warmth from Scandinavia just clipped the Northern Isles."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

I love the heat but what I absolutely hate is sweatfest humidity! That’s why I much preferred the hot June.

This spell reminds me of the hot spell we had in September 2016 which was also on the humid side and had some very warm nights. Parts of the country got some good thunderstorms out of it (I didn't sadly). Perhaps this hot spell will too go out with a bang? ⛈️

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!
2 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

95%?! That sounds utterly disgustingly uncomfortable, I’d rather be baking in 35c dry heat than feeling like a warm damp towel all day.  Urgh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
9 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

This spell reminds me of the hot spell we had in September 2016 which was also on the humid side and had some very warm nights. Parts of the country got some good thunderstorms out of it (I didn't sadly). Perhaps this hot spell will too go out with a bang? ⛈️

We didn’t get that to the same degree here. This is giving me pangs of August 2020, but with weaker sun. That hot spell also went out with a bang!

7 minutes ago, Beanz said:

95%?! That sounds utterly disgustingly uncomfortable, I’d rather be baking in 35c dry heat than feeling like a warm damp towel all day.  Urgh.

15°C and 95% humidity isn’t exactly taxing…

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!
5 minutes ago, MP-R said:

15°C and 95% humidity isn’t exactly taxing…

I have zero problems with 15c 

Update: The discussion around Wednesday being the warmest day worried me at first. Maybe "worried" isn't the correct wording. Well, I know one thing for certain... The humidity has returned as it's climbed higher once again! Not only has it climbed higher... The dry air has once again returned when we had thought that was the last of it back in August... It's frustrating in all honesty. There's been hopeful moments that just didn't happen... We were once all excited for the end of August because it was revealing hopeful cooler weather. Hurricane happens elsewhere leading to most of the world getting a heatwave... The fact it's happening in September is the part that most people are frustrated with. According to the weather sources- This may very well occurr again in October-November. There's even the slight chance that our January weather could be changed to a warmer climate... If there's another heatwave after this one... I can see many Heat Haters being at their limit with this weather. This year has been so annoying in all honesty. Last year was also irritating so don't be surprised there. Next year will very much be the same. But there's some messages going around about next year being cooler. I honestly don't believe any hopeful sources that mention heat dispersing... It's not happening & I'm not surprised that this heatwave is lasting almost a week... We're still not out of the heatwave by next week anyway.

There's confirmation that next week has higher humidity too. So while the temperatures may be falling lower to give you all some hope. I wouldn't get too excited. It still looks to be miserable & uncomfortable. There's even mention of tropical storms which will introduce very light breeze that won't even be felt. There's always the possibility too that next week could just become an extending heatwave... The fear that most people have right now is what comes after next week... My mind is telling me that another heatwave is on the cards... -_-

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!
8 hours ago, Cheshire Freeze said:

Next week-

image.thumb.png.7def39ef3ce8a90525d6391b5a6ef505.png

image.thumb.png.512798f5d7ac41079281977cda52ce20.png

I'd actually pay good money for that to verify. I'm really struggling with this now!

• Like 4