Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - mid Autumn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, Mcconnor8 said:

Imagine how crazy a 1881 blizzard redux would get in here, places on the South coast such as Portsmouth had 40 inches of level snow and drifts of 12 foot, I mean technically that still has to be possible in the perfect synoptic setup as temps weren't close to marginal then.

Still not artic though. Cold yes, lots of  snow yes artic, what was the temp, cause it sound like a possible channel low, that much snow on the south coast, so probably just below 0, with continental DP helping, not artic, just cold and snowy. 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

So some will never be happy then, as that's never gonna happen. Imagen a minus 40 blizzard in the UK lol. Unless of course the next ice age happens in our life times.

Your quite right, but it is the model discussion thread and surely its productive to discuss what each run shows. The 12s in general are great, the 06z gfs is not. Would it be better if we just say the 06z is great and lie about it. The 06z is unlikely but like all other runs can neither be ruled in or out. I've been here a long time and I've seen many a trend picked up by the gfs and followed by the others a day later

I personally think next week won't deliver but will help hugely in lowering ground/sea temps for the next event

Edited by January Snowstorm
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, January Snowstorm said:

Your quite right, but it is the model discussion thread and surely its productive to discuss what each run shows. The 12s in general are great, the 06z gfs is not. Would it be better if we just say the 06z is great and lie about it. The 06z is unlikely but like all other runs can neither be ruled in or out. I've been here a long time and I've seen many a trend picked up by the gfs and followed by the others a day later

Yep, haven't said otherwise.

Posted
1 minute ago, January Snowstorm said:

You're not alone.  And this 06z follows this mornings ukm ecm and gfs 00zs which although were still good has  trended towards a more  lumpy trough that was hanging around too long over us and preventing deep cold mid term...this was then followed by less heights into Greenland for the longer term.. 

Posted

image.thumb.png.8178d2f917c4f962bde74b4f18593b90.png

6z from the SE coast, stays below zeto, opp is the black line. Doesn't show much snow, but I wouldn't expect it down here yet anyway.

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

24 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

There she is@blizzard of January 1881 that crippled middle England /wales southward..,

7575C891-EC49-4ED0-A3B9-E805F249C08F.jpeg

Tiny bit of phasing going on here. Possibly cold rain ☔. More runs needed... 

Edited by AdrianHull
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine
6 minutes ago, AdrianHull said:

Tiny bit of phasing going on here. Possibly cold rain ☔. More runs needed... 

Not sure about the uppers... 🙂

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
2 minutes ago, Premiere Neige said:

Not sure about the uppers... 🙂

Dont forget the"downers"👀👀👀

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, AdrianHull said:

😂😂😂 Had a request to add Stockholm to the list. It's Been accepted!

You need to add valium and toys and pram lol

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
12 minutes ago, TauntonRoss said:

ECM running, see how it goes.

ECM op only runs to +90 and it looked maybe a bit closer to GFS than the 0z but didn't really run far enough, ensembles and control run to +144 and will be out in 30 mins or so

Posted
13 minutes ago, Mcconnor8 said:

ECM op only runs to +90 and it looked maybe a bit closer to GFS than the 0z but didn't really run far enough, ensembles and control run to +144 and will be out in 30 mins or so

No where near gfs!!!that would have gone on to show what it was showing on the 00z!!!!gfs has probably lost the plot once again!!!well i bloody hope it has!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

Just nicked this from X...SSW risks ongoing...imagine this cold spell being followed by a large strat hit with even more significant wintry conditions to chase it! I mean what a good time it would be for the strat to fall next month. Lots going on it appears and its a watching brief for now.

Screenshot_20231125_135120_X.jpg

Screenshot_20231125_135135_X.jpg

Screenshot_20231125_135151_X.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

No where near gfs!!!that would have gone on to show what it was showing on the 00z!!!!gfs has probably lost the plot once again!!!well i bloody hope it has!!

image.thumb.png.5284841aa4f99fa4203a337df072c052.pngimage.thumb.png.13ea9c49927dea058ca6a16f3fc8c1c8.png06z gfs and 06z ecm at 90.. I perfer ecm stronger push of Svalbard heights means phasing is further south and heading more south I suggest…

Edited by TSNWK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1