Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

On the back of every forecast, app and chart indicating a similar day to yesterday I have got all our bedding washed and on the line/airers.

It is now drizzling 🙄 !!!!! 

Of course! 

Nothing on the radar! 

Hateful! 

Drizzling off and on here on the coast too. Looked quite promising an hour ago with the sun breaking through. Was a very pleasant afternoon here yesterday. Wasn’t expecting the same today but at least for it to remain dry to go for a long walk.

I was planning a washing day back in Wilts tomorrow, my confidence now knocked that this could be turning into a drizzly type of high pressure and not a dry one 🙁

The problem with this type of weather is the radar is absolutely useless as it doesn't show the fine but very wet type of drizzle!

Edited by Wiltshireweatherwatcher
  • Like 2

Posted

Tiz a fairly yuk day out, with constant drizzle, even the drive down to Poundbury was damp and misty. Maximum of 11.2°C at: 13:30 and 0.2mm of rain, just that annoying presence of drizzle in the air all day.

• Like 1

Posted

Grey, grey, grey. No rain since morning though, so got some outdoor jobs done.

Been watching a mini murmuration for the last ten minutes. Starlings are doing laps around some nearby pine trees.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

No sign of the sun at all today with constant drizzle during the afternoon. 

Posted

Morning All, amazing a dry start to the day! The current temperature is the overnight low of 9.1°C at: 04:53, RH88% with a light breeze in from the SW. 

How long will it stay dry, I wonder?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy and mild 😴 

Posted
2 hours ago, matt111 said:

Cloudy and mild 😴 

Best we  could do today is 10.6°C at: 14:35, currently 10.5°C, Oh and overcast for the whole day. Is winter really this sh!t3, even a decent depression would liven things up. Oh, of course @*Stormforce~beka* would like some sunny stuff!

• Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I went berserk with the leaf blower today. The bin man will have a shock when he goes to grab the bin. 🍂

Next Green bin for us is the end of Jan. I shred all the leaves and mulch them down to use on the garden. Even got my son to mulch all his tree leaves down to use that on the garden, amazing what a lawn mower can do.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Best we  could do today is 10.6°C at: 14:35, currently 10.5°C, Oh and overcast for the whole day. Is winter really this sh!t3, even a decent depression would liven things up. Oh, of course @*Stormforce~beka* would like some sunny stuff!

I would prefer snow this time of year ...

22 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Next Green bin for us is the end of Jan. I shred all the leaves and mulch them down to use on the garden. Even got my son to mulch all his tree leaves down to use that on the garden, amazing what a lawn mower can do.

What's a lawn mower??

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I would prefer snow this time of year ...

What's a lawn mower??

OK, so let's sort these out 1 by 1:

1) We live in the Southern half of the Uk, where  under the current regime of CC, our area will have to learn about warm winters and hot summers. I am led to believe that travel agencies will be organising trips to Antarctica, for people still keen to photograph "Ice & Snow" as Scotland will no longer provide such an event.

2) A device that is used by the responsible person in the family to mow the (typically) green ground covering, also of a brown nature in the peak of summer. With CC, it would be wise to ditch that for pebbles or some tough ground covering to mitigate the lack of frequent rainfall, and plant cactus. Also of use is the planting of Aloe vera, which can be applied to the cuts and bruises applied to your other half for his apparent laziness to feed the chooks, as the lawn has died completely, so he'll be Mr Chookmeiser in the new regime.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.
4 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

OK, so let's sort these out 1 by 1:

1) We live in the Southern half of the Uk, where  under the current regime of CC, our area will have to learn about warm winters and hot summers. 

2) A device that is used by the responsible person in the family to mow the (typically) green ground covering, also of a brown nature in the peak of summer. With CC, it would be wise to ditch that for pebbles or some tough ground covering to mitigate the lack of frequent rainfall, and plant cactus. Also of use is the planting of Aloe vera, which can be applied to the cuts and bruises applied to your other half for his apparent laziness to feed the chooks, as the lawn has died completely, so he'll be Mr Chookmeiser in the new regime. I am led to believe that travel agencies will be organising trips to Antarctica, for people still keen to photograph "Ice & Snow" as Scotland will no longer provide such an event.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

That really made laugh !!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

If it wasn't for the half an hour or so of sun before sunset a few days ago I'd probably be able to count on one hand how many minutes of sun I've seen this week. Typical mild rubbish we usually get in winter really. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Morning, another dark morning I know its near the solstice but blimey its dark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
8 minutes ago, Rich_Clements said:

Morning, another dark morning I know its near the solstice but blimey its dark.

Must admit I didn’t expect December to be ‘this’ boring!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

That said we did have a weird pink sky first thing which was odd enough to make it onto the Gloucestershire live website

• Like 2

Posted

Morning All, a warm night with the low of 10.3°C at: 04:03, currently 11.1°C, RH81% and a light breeze in from the WSW, under an overcast sky.

From Above

Screenshot2023-12-18103201.thumb.png.dc67a5b1e9d4c4b7358d6fdc50949e1a.png

On Golden sands

Screenshot2023-12-18103308.thumb.png.8299ce590c6f890553a1ec7756610293.png

Posted
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I have nothing left to say ...

Don't say the hubby has mowed the lawn? 

No, so the MIL has a cold and cancelled her trip.

Oh, I am so sorry, I know how much you were looking forward to torching the broom.