Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
1 minute ago, jtay said:

Brightening up here. A bit of blue sky on the horizon, no less.

Weak sunshine here , from the cloud breaks, after a dreary morning adding 0.2mm of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Turned into a nice afternoon here too after a dank morning. Could do with a sunny day tomorrow! 🐷✈️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Looks like the second day in a row here where it’s been cloudy all day and then the sun comes out just before sunset as it looks like it’ll come out soon. 

Posted

Come on out 'UK  Extreme Weather' wherever you are, that's fair torn the less than small chance of anything white, next weekend

WWW.BOURNEMOUTHECHO.CO.UK

CHRISTMAS could bring a chance of wintry showers, a weather expert has said.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Well the sun came out slightly earlier than yesterday so had about an hour of sun before sunset instead of a few minutes like yesterday. 

• Like 1

Posted

Well you to love a December high for the drier moments, sadly, it struggles to get it act together with some cloud breaks, ah well. The overnight low of 4.4°C at: 07:56 has eased up to 6.5°C, RH91% and no air movement.

From Above

image.thumb.png.06e08052cde8f84852385167e2ba1824.png

On Golden sands - only for the birds, under overcast sky

image.thumb.png.81abb3ed594d6b0472fef5fbd0eeff43.png

• Like 4

Posted

Sun came out just before sunset...again. Third day in a row that's happened

Posted
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Thinning cloud, just like yesterday has enabled the sun to poke through later in the day, pushing up the temperature to 10.5°C at: 14:15.

image.thumb.png.cd47b41986c536e95eca71a5db5f84ea.png

What is this sun you speak of?

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

What is this sun you speak of?

@*Stormforce~beka* the item in question, AKA the 'Sun' is really a yellow dwarf star, which unlike other stars it is visible in the daylight. HOWEVER, being able to see this dwarf yellow star depends upon a lot of aligned conditions, Oh and good eyesight as it is 93million miles away, in fact just like other stars that require specific viewing conditions. It's not visible to everybody at the same time, so possibly when I see it, you may not, due to viewing conditions. BUT, don't give up, as viewing of this yellow dwarf star, is often improved during the months of June - August in the southern Uk, so not too long before you may be able to get a decent viewing.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Worried...in the dark..thirsty...picked up bottle..took a sip...was engine oil..not water..fool lol

Posted
6 minutes ago, jy said:

Worried...in the dark..thirsty...picked up bottle..took a sip...was engine oil..not water..fool lol

I hope you don't die on us ... It's been nice knowing you 😞

Posted
28 minutes ago, jy said:

So.....in an effort to assess your longevity, I came across this:

When a small amount of motor oil is swallowed and goes down the food pipe into the stomach, the only symptom that is expected is a laxative effect (loose stools or diarrhoea). This type of exposure can be safely watched at home. However, if motor oil is aspirated or suspected of being aspirated, the person should be taken to an ER for evaluation. A product might have been aspirated if the person coughs (as if something has gone down the airway) or vomits. In the ER, the patient will be evaluated and typically have a chest x-ray to look for any inflammation in the lungs.

Used motor oil has contaminants that are not present in new motor oil. When a car is running, motor oil is exposed to high heat, which creates new chemicals that are more toxic. Additionally, while circulating through the car machinery, motor oil collects metal contaminants. Always recycle or properly dispose of motor oil to avoid polluting the environment with these contaminants. Used motor oil also has the risk of aspiration. The addition of contaminants, although toxic, would not change the management of the aspiration. A one-time unintentional exposure to used motor oil without aspiration is not expected to cause any additional toxicity.

Safe driving...

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

I hope you don't die on us ... It's been nice knowing you 😞

It was jy's Christmas do. He'll be fine.

Posted
2 hours ago, jtay said:

It was jy's Christmas do. He'll be fine.

In the light of Dorsets piece I rang 111 then had a call back was told to look out for certain symptoms  over the next 36 hours but there was no cure for stupidity lol

Just now, jy said:

In the light of Dorsets piece I rang 111 then had a call back was told to look out for certain symptoms  over the next 36 hours but there was no cure for stupidity lol

I have noticed I do more miles to the gallon lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Never been to a Christmas do in my life ...

They were fantastic Beka all stopped now sadly walk of shame in the offices the next day after the people had sobered up certainly walked in on some unusual liaisons lol

• Like 1

Posted

On the back of every forecast, app and chart indicating a similar day to yesterday I have got all our bedding washed and on the line/airers.

It is now drizzling 🙄 !!!!! 

Of course! 

Nothing on the radar! 

Hateful! 

• Like 1

Posted

Why do I get a groundhog feeling this morning, overcast and wet on the ground and the radar is clear, with the night cooling down and progressively warming as the cloud increased? Ah well, time to appreciate the December high pressure, with the overnight low of 6.8°C at: 00:00, currently 10.4°C, RH97% and a light breeze in from the NW.

From Above

Screenshot2023-12-16104902.thumb.png.1f50044960075a7f514939d1b2b136f7.png

On Golden sands, a glimmer of sun....

Screenshot2023-12-16105039.thumb.png.8515057a6f0adc802d323292cee4be9a.png

• Like 1