Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Read all about it ⛄

…. bit of an exaggeration by the Mirror, according to the Express it’s only going to be a 473 mile long polar bomb..so that’s okay nothing to get excited about 😁

IMG_7305.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Today's Low Temp

0.1°C  at    4:14

Almost, couldn't fail more if it tried 😄

OutsideTempHistory.thumb.gif.18615c4582b88f8e275747b3f3c66f9c.gif

Apart from two quick showers this morning giving 0.2mm of droplets each time to reach total of 0.4mm, we have had a grey and cold day.

Is a tad warmer than this time yesterday.

Edited by ChillyJuju
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
34 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Yep, I used to do thst for some reason but I decided that last year for 3 months, I'd research in-depth a lot and now I try and write paragraphs explaining my thoughts where I don't let my biases overtake by using "could" for example. This just means that I realise that sometimes I may be assuming a lot about what happens if this certain chart is right. I'll try and give examples of each situation that could play out to show the full picture. 

I am grateful that you do explain, and that also you don't hopecast instead of forecast.

Keep that up! It helps

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Read all about it ⛄

…. bit of an exaggeration by the Mirror, according to the Express it’s only going to be a 473 mile long polar bomb..so that’s okay nothing to get excited about 😁

IMG_7305.jpeg

Was the Met Office verdict, 'What a load of ollocks', by any chance?😂

2 hours ago, ChillyJuju said:

Today's Low Temp

0.1°C  at    4:14

Almost, couldn't fail more if it tried 😄

OutsideTempHistory.thumb.gif.18615c4582b88f8e275747b3f3c66f9c.gif

Apart from two quick showers this morning giving 0.2mm of droplets each time to reach total of 0.4mm, we have had a grey and cold day.

Is a tad warmer than this time yesterday.

Did you get hit by a dreaded rain grain😲

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been another gloomy old day here in Locksbottom but thankfully not as wet as Tuesday and Wednesday but still haven’t seen the sun since early Tuesday morning.Not quite as cold as yesterday which was raw and temperature hit 7.6 today.Looks like next 4 days for most of the SE should be dry but limited sunshine but temperatures will be in the 9-12 range which is above average and should save a bit on the heating bill👍Too much volatility in the models to even think about Xmas eve/day.May have more of an idea by Sunday evening for the following weekend.Dont give up on the Christmas period being cold just yet👍❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
10 hours ago, snowblind said:

All doom and gloom in the MAD thread this evening. 

Of course it is , it's either "yay snowbomb incoming or this weather is garbage"  no inbetween with that lot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
17 hours ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Read all about it ⛄

IMG_7305.jpeg

Obviously talking about the possible wind storm in some models, it's too far ahead, GFS often over plays low at this distance. Hopefully it'll moderate when it gets closer. They normally do, but not always. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

Unexpected mist yesterday evening at Wakehurst for their stunning Glow Wild winter walk meaning that the installations took on a fairy tale ethereal look. It also has the UK's tallest Christmas Tree. Absolutely wonderful event - do try to get to it.

Pix-2.jpg

Pix-3.jpg

Pix-5.jpg

Pix-9.jpg

Pix-12.jpg

Pix-14.jpg

Pix-15.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

I've given up with what the weather might be on Xmas day. Lets face it; up in the morning, unwrap prezzies, xmas breakfast, start dinner prep, dinner time, snooze, drink, buffet tea, snooze, bed..... probably not even seen out to know what the weather is doing :drunk-emoji:🤣🤣

• Like 1

Posted
14 hours ago, snowblind said:

All doom and gloom in the MAD thread this evening. 

That is because they expect snow from an Atlantic driven setup lol

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Everyone is happy again in the MOD thread, will this last for more than 0.50 minutes🤔

corrected it for you 😄 😄

BBC was brave enough to put an Xmas day chart up this morning on the news. As suspected... mild mild mild

• Like 2

Posted

I’m 50/50 on the Christmas forecast it keeps changing like … mmm well the weather really 🤔 all depends when and where you look and what you would like to see / believe - the proof of the (Christmas) pudding will be in the eating ( I’d probably choke on the sliver sixpence knowing my luck ) it would be a nice surprise to open the curtains to something white on the big day even a thick frost would be good imo ⛄

IMG_7384.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowangel-MK said:

I’m 50/50 on the Christmas forecast it keeps changing like … mmm well the weather really 🤔 all depends when and where you look and what you would like to see / believe - the proof of the (Christmas) pudding will be in the eating ( I’d probably choke on the sliver sixpence knowing my luck ) it would be a nice surprise to open the curtains to something white on the big day even a thick frost would be good imo ⛄

IMG_7384.jpeg

I am quite white' ish 😜 😄 😄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

2 hopes for Xmas wintryness in this area...no hope and of course Bob! 🙂 trying telling that to the lot in the MAD thread.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Love this weekend before Christmas.

World championship Darts just kicked off (watching it on mute), good music playing and just started on the alcohol. It don’t get much better than that.🍻

Posted
13 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Everyone is happy again in the MOD thread, will this last for more than 50 minutes🤔

More chance of seeing Bigfoot riding a Unicorn.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

2 hopes for Xmas wintryness in this area...no hope and of course Bob! 🙂 trying telling that to the lot in the MAD thread.

That lot would look for snow in a South Westerly and if you said snow chance, then you are just being negative and ruining the thread🤐

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, MAF said:

I am quite white' ish 😜 😄 😄

So do we need to call you  Jack Frost now then ? ⛄🤷🏻‍♀️

IMG_7315.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Was raking the leaves off the lawn(never ending job atm as oaks always last to drop) today and although cloudy reached 10.6 here which was pleasant and thankfully no rain.Saw a bee buzzing around and a butterfly-it’s December 16th !!Shows that our winters are getting warmer and this has been a regular occurrence in last 10 years or so.Prior to 1990 would not have seen this in this neck of the woods.Looks mild for next 5 days in the SE.Thereafter 50/50 whether it goes colder from 22/23rd December or we stay mild but still so much divergence in the models think we won’t know till Monday night before we can gain confidence on where our weather is heading for Xmas 🎅🏻 

Edited by Hotspur62
  • Like 1

Posted

Mad thread ramping up again for a cold Christmas.

Posted
11 hours ago, Sparky68 said:

Mad thread ramping up again for a cold Christmas.

And the rollercoaster has plunged off a cliff this morning. It's a stomach churning ride at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Just has a surprising notification on here, a new badge indicating that I have been hanging around these part for 20 years! 

I had to look up what was going on at the time to make me join, obviously it was this.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

As much as I'd like to see a proper White Christmas one year, I'm old enough to know the chaos it will cause for many. In the Covid days it was hard not having family around over Christmas. If we had a White Christmas it would create the same feel, with family/ourselves not being able to travel about, not  wanting to run the risk of being stranded and so on, especially the elders.

I know some would be praying for it though, not for the snow but so it's an excuse not to see family 😀

A cold blast, bit of frost will do me fine for this year! I'll even let the heating go on for a while, but not the oven!! Christmas Air-Fryer Dinner 😁

Edited by Kent Blizzard