Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

wimblettben No, snow was never really on here but there may have been an ice warning at some stage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

The past 7 days in London have accumulated a grand total of 36 minutes of sunshine! That's 36 minutes out of a possible 3960 (and yes this figure is only daylight minutes)! 

Pathetic is an understatement. This dominant weather pattern is, in all intents & purposes, utter garbage. Other countries must shake their heads in disbelief at the lack of sunshine in the British isles!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Cue those in the mod thread shouting ‘yes the runs aren’t good now but just wait until the SSW downwelling starts to take effect’…. 1 week passes, 2 week pass, 1 month passes - oooo yes we have an easterly! Oh wait - damn it’s too warm for snow now…. Cold rain for the east! 😢🤦‍♂️🤭

gotta love it! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

On a serious note, ‘IF’ the latest charts are correct in saying the prospects of the upcoming Scandi high have failed then I honestly feel, other than a possibility of a mediocre cold snap or 2, snow prospects will be very low and a strong chance of many in Southern England not registering a single flake through winter 2023-2024.. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Im losing the will to live hearing the comment "ssw" 😔😔😔😔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

In Absence of True Seasons oh yes I’m well aware. There could be a switch at anytime, I just don’t have high hopes for one in the near future.

Knowing our luck it’ll turn cold just as it should be turning milder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Wow you can really feel the strength of that sun today! It's an unexpectedly settled day, leaning on the mild side. Very springlike, hopefully we get many more days like this in March.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Mimosa tree in full bloom spotted in a garden. That's about a month earlier than usual. Spring has sprung. PS Daffs too.

Edited by SunnyG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Kind of wish I'd known today would be settled and much milder than the past few days, I'd be out cycling all day. Possibly the best conditions at this time of year for outdoor activities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

the background drivers and the amazing NH profile has brought us 14c and cloud🫠

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

raz.org.rain i wonder if the weather models are starting to smell the coffee as an SSW splits the vortex and the Iberian high collapses, leading to persistent drizzle in the UK lol

Posted

lassie23 I can't see the Iberian heights collapsing any time soon. Knowing our luck it'll probably grow weak enough for us to be caught between the cold and mild and we'll just end up with something average and wet which I guess would feel cold for most of us. Personally I'm going for a continuation of Iberian highs that cause the potential SSW to divert the cold into North America and Eastern Europe. Whether or not we get an early spring or just see no effects remains to be seen.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Another day. More rain. 

So on infinitum.

Genuinely worried about our landscapes now. If things don't change soon, we will no longer be Great Britain. We will be Great Bogland. Otherwise known as the United Swampdom. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

In Absence of True Seasons The United Mingdom. The joys of living in southern Mingland.

Here in Somerwet, it's actually not been bad at all today, but next week is already going downhill before it's even begun...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Not a bad day here. Dry and bright with light cloud and sunny intervals. ⛅️ Very light winds with a high of 8°C. Just been on an early evening walk. There was a shower but it wasn’t too heavy and it only lasted a few minutes. ☔️ Temp is 7°C but feels warmer than that due to no wind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

A decent burst of colour for sunset tonight, but it won't make up for the dullness of this month so far.

A sunshine total of 21 hours for the first 10 days which is quite poor so far, the February average is about 84 hours. 

dji_fly_20240210_171154_949_1707585200388_photo_optimized~2.jpg

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 2

Posted

What a terrible winter this has turned into. Early December could have been excellent had it been a touch colder but as it was I mostly ended up with cold rain. Those same synoptics later in winter probably would have delivered but of course they haven't repeated in the slightest.

I haven't seen snow since before Christmas and there isn't close to any on the horizon - an absolutely appalling situation. It's bad enough for Bratislava but what makes this winter truly abominable is the situation in the nearby Little Carpathians: I can usually rely on them for wintry walks when the city is snow-free but I haven't had a single opportunity since before Christmas. I can't put into words how vile that is.

I was really hoping for something decent this winter - not necessarily amazing, just decent - after last year's luckless abomination. Sadly however a similar thing has happened this time round.

Just bugger off.

• Like 2