Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

reef On the other hand, a sunny and dry easterly spring would be the perfect antidote to the 8 months of mild, dull southwesterlies preceding it!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

WYorksWeather Sounds like a slightly colder version of March 2023!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Couldn't make it up really, the foreseeable is just more of the same - mild for the time of year with plenty of rain. The northern blocking is too far north to deliver cold, Iberian heights aren't strong enough to pump in a dry and warm spell, and we just end up caught between the two with the Atlantic dumping rain on us. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Well yesterday the models were going for some high pressure for the rest of February.  But they are now forecasting mostly more Atlantic dross… Yay.

792EB2BD-EBD7-41D7-924B-1A9F35641CB3.png

F59CE3C4-03A7-4434-ABE0-24FD1724C1EC.png

1D1DA9F7-309F-4D25-870A-4A476EC91200.png

4A8E5E72-77DC-487A-8A70-978974B8F5D9.png

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
9 hours ago, SunnyG said:

Forecast for London not too bad if it materialises.

Not very good here… Yet more rain forecast every day after Saturday here, and nothing particularly mild either. It is too much to ask for some mild, dry and bright weather?

34E1F3EE-9EC4-4DE1-95EF-1A89C1EE3262.jpeg

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Chasbrown those updates have become a joke, they include a bit of everything so they can't be wrong, they are not worth reading anymore.

• Like 2

Posted

probably may when we get a decent greenland high,like we did a couple of years ago.too late then for anything exciting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Summer8906 Doing my daily CFS browse, I trawled through March and, while looking for high pressure, found this 😅

cfs-0-846.png

Some better news come April though:

cfs-0-1398.png cfs-0-1542.png cfs-0-1614.png cfs-0-1758.png

Plumehub in May:

cfs-0-2334.png

Then June doing what June does best:

cfs-0-2790.png cfs-0-3168.png

I can feel my mood lifting just looking at charts like this!

cfs-0-3702.png cfs-0-4182.png cfs-0-4998.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

MP-R Good looking charts for late spring/early summer!

But realistically, it's just a bit of fun at this stage. The models can - and do - fall off the rails literally 1 or 2 days out, so taking anything that's 4/5/6 months away is basically like taking the weekly astrology updates in the newspaper as gospel lol.

• Like 3

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons It's always just for a bit of fun. The way this year is going though, I have more faith in that March chart than all the others... 😅

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

TonyH Thats not true, we were under a yellow warning for Wintry conditions not just snow.

And besides the point, even some of the Amber areas didn't get much so our points still stand.

And to add to this, i think the real ones to blame are the weather models because the forecasters can only at the end of the day tell us what they are showing for the general ordiance who could not understand such things. Just look at what the models were telling us Winter would be like months ago only for loads of people on this forum including pros being led up the garden path for the thousandth time.

Edited by wimblettben
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

I can feel my mood lifting just looking at charts like this!

Hmm, don't like the September chart very much! 😉 😂

Posted

Don Don’t worry, the Atlantic breaks through shortly after 🙃

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

raz.org.rain speaking of which, it’s 20 years in May since that film came out. I still remember the promo images showing Big Ben mostly buried in snow & ice. A wet dream for some on here I’m sure 😅

original_smqQ71MIn1DSdSiQzCzCOV6rgRq.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

cheese I always laugh when I see people wishing for a "Gulf Stream collapse" because they want colder winters, without realising they'll get hotter summers too!

• Thanks 1

Posted

raz.org.rain I would be happy to have hot summers if it meant cold winters to follow! 😉

35 minutes ago, cheese said:

wet dream for some on here I’m sure 😅

Nah, wet is reality these days! 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I've just noticed that there is new 'Post Mortem' thread. and I came quite faint for a moment assuming it was the last rites of the mod thread 😎

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

MP-R Fingers crossed we get a big pattern shift soon...

In my eyes, anything is possible in our climate!

February 2023 was very sunny, mild and dry (in my area anyway), which "in theory" boded well for a pleasant Spring but it couldn't have been further from what actually manifested. Because the weather flipped back to dross conditions until well into May. For me in the SE it was basically only when the June heatwave landed that anything solidly settled arrived, as prior to that we were stuck under North Sea chilly cloud and breeze.

My point is, I don't think the current dull and wet pattern is indicative of how Spring 2024 will play out. There's only so long that this current rut (from July 2023 to present) can last, and when it flips, we will likely get the opposite (drier and sunnier) just like how 2021 flipped into 2022.

Posted

raz.org.rain I think most people (generally speaking, not just NetWeather folk) would be happy with warmer summers AND colder winters, particularly if it meant A) higher average annual sunshine hours, and B) lower rainfall levels. Which warmer summers and colder winters are both synonymous/correlative with.

There's no sugar-coating it - the UK is very, very poor a location for people who like reliable sun and warmth and/or reliably wintry conditions. Aka true seasonality. 

It's great for those who like 10c-18c and mostly cloudy with a high-chance of drizzle however 😁 Aka...masochists (and ducks).

• Like 5