Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Summer8906 by the end of the month, 2020 will certainly have been worse as it went downhill from the 09th onwards. But as said, it was better than this month up to this point with a lot of sunshine. Not surprised you missed the frost down there though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

MP-R Think we missed the sunshine here too in 2020, surprised you got 38 hours by the 8th. I can't remember the detail but the one thing I do remember about that month was the persistent dullness. I can remember one sunny day perhaps around mid-month when it briefly went cold, was probably during the stormiest phase in a lull - but little else.

I remember some dry nights with stars though, so perhaps we were very unlucky with the timing of frontal systems. Certainly those two big storms were perfectly timed to co-incide with daylight hours on two consecutive Sundays (just checked, 9th/16th) and on each case I remember clear sky to the west as it was getting dark.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, I got precisely what the Met. Office predicted -- an hour or two's sleet and torrential rain. 🤓

Posted

It has not stopped throwing it down for like 14 hours now. Utterly dreadful, even for February 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

And just like that the work of the less wet January to help reduce river levels, and slowly dry up the ground is being undone, with 230+ flood alerts for England alone tonight as river levels spike up. We really need a drier spring this year and high pressure to be more dominant in the second half of this month!

image.png

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

wimblettben was never going to be any snow west Wales so not sure of you're disappointment.

Posted

SunnyG you not heard of risk management.

• Like 1

Posted

An absolute slush fest out there now. Currently 2 degrees in rain mixed with todays dumping means rivers down the roads. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Yep disgusting weather and not for the first time this Winter...been raining here since about 6/7am. December and the Xmas/New Year period was about as vile as I can remember.

Doesn't take long after a brief dry interlude the last week or so to start pelting it down again. Roll on Spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

marky810 nowt in Cheshire today apart from freezing cold rain and wind 😅 We're stuck in that awkward spot between the lowlands and higher elevations. Far enough north to not get the mild weather the south coast has but too far south to get any significant snow.

• Like 1

Posted

Will everyone be back next year to get excited over a few days snow or is there an expectation / realisation now that in an ever warming world we really are in a different place in winter than 10-20 years ago 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

My area rapidly approaching the 50mm precipitation mark yet again and not even 10 days into the month lmao. To get a dry month in this country is now beginning to become ever more exceptionally difficult. Perhaps Northern UK should be renamed the upper wetlands & southern UK the lower wetlands.

• Like 2

Posted

JoeShmoe For me, of course I'll be back, however, it will be with increasing scepticism about what the longer range models and teleconnections show.

Unless there projections are off the scale, then much less heed should be paid to them.

The warming world just makes it so much more difficult for us.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Yet another crud day in not so sunny Somerset. A bit of career advice for all you youngsters. Avoid the Building Trade like the plague, because in this country it's a dead loss You are either battling the weather, or coping with yet another recession. Take it from me, your bank balance, health in later life, and mental well being will thank you for it. 

If you must do it, then qualify, and clear off abroad. 

Edited by 78/79
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Sitting here, watching the drizzle with the temperature sitting at 10c is exceptionally irritating when I keep hearing about the nations cold snap on the news. 🤨

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

My area rapidly approaching the 50mm precipitation mark yet again and not even 10 days into the month lmao. To get a dry month in this country is now beginning to become ever more exceptionally difficult. Perhaps Northern UK should be renamed the upper wetlands & southern UK the lower wetlands.

Ahh ,don't worry ,we might get a hot week in the summer, water boards will say we are in for a drought , the media will bleat on about climate change , and farmers and growers will moan that it's not the right weather for their crops , and the train companies will say the tracks are buckling because of the heat......get my drift!😂😂😂

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Metwatch couldn't agree more. Will be a bit worrying if April and May is anything other than primarily dry and warm. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Paul White. looks lovely but you are aware that like 99% of the rest of the country saw nothing but semi-chilly and rainy scenes, right? 

Yesterday raining for about 15/16 hours straight in my area. How is that not moan-worthy? 

This month is turning into another July 2023 thus far

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

ANYWEATHER Haha if I see anyone mentioning "drought" or "needing rain" at any point this Spring & Summer, I will explode lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and Snowy Days

Had rain falling now for 16 hours straight. Fack off already. Shades of 2013/14 it feels like. Grim out there today. My dogs are looking at me as if to say "a bit cr@p out there today don't you think?"

• Like 4