Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'd really quite like some 35°C days here soon. Even though I have never recorded anywhere near that. 😄

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Looking at some charts from ECM just now one positive to the immediate pattern for those of us looking to save on heating is that a rapid warming of the North Atlantic is likely to take place over the next two weeks. This will in effect provide a bit more insulation from cold nights than we'd normally expect at this time of year.

Probably unlikely many southern areas will see more than one or two nights in single figures for the first half of May going by the current output, which is pretty unusual at this time of year.

I do wonder whether we might be about to see another very mild/warm month even if we don't get a particularly notable warm spell at any point. The first third (possibly first half going by the current output) looks to be a slightly above average by day well above average by night kind of pattern, which would tie in very strongly with those SST anomalies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

danm ECM was quite keen on higher pressure and sunshine this weekend. A number of websites like XC and yr.no also showed fine warm weather over the weekend.

Not such now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

*Stormforce~beka* 

A minimum of 25°C everyday, with wall-to-wall sunshine. If any rain is likely, then it needs to be during the night. 😁

Realistically, I just don't want anymore above average rainfall.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Mapantz Rain at night only is my dream weather. Rain when I can't hear it or see it because I am asleep 🙂 

Edited by SunnyG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

snow is back in the forecast overnight and tomorrow it wont be too bad here but think of those poor lot down in the Calgary area who could get up to 40cm in the next few days... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

In Absence of True Seasons thing is, the models weren’t fully backing that up. Some showed it fine and settled, others didn’t, hence it always being iffy. So far there seems to be a lot of model consensus on next week becoming high pressure dominated. Hopefully that continues!

Also, never take any app forecast seriously beyond a few days. 

Edited by danm
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Realistically, I just don't want anymore above average rainfall.

Realistically, we are getting an anti-May 2020 followed by an anti-June 2023, then July 2023 all over again followed by an August 1912. The promised fine weather we will get this month will turn into a Storm Babet redux and there will be a few 50mm washout days. Tomorrow is our only taste of sunshine for the rest of the year, then its grey, wet, cold, grey, wet, cold. grey, wet, cold and grey, wet, cold again

Why???? Because the weather gods hate us

• Thanks 1

Posted

Looks like we could see rain of sorts in each of the next 6days with some models dropping nearing 50mm along parts of the south and south west between just tomorrow and Friday. Great dry spell this!

Wade id be quite happy to be honest. Would prefer it to another 12months of continuous rain.

Edited by Alderc 2.0
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Rinse repeat again, beautiful morning, glorious sunrise, clear skies, lovely. No one can moan  about this!🤣......but some will

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Yesterday was the first day since September 14th that my area recorded over 10 hours of sunshine! Will probably be the last time until mid July now too lol. Massive shame I was working... off today but meant to cloud over by about 10am unfortunately 👎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A nice sunny start in west London, looking at the satellite I could be in a sweet spot today with a slice of clear skies over CS, SE and E England. 18°C will feel very pleasant if that wind doesn’t get up too much

IMG_1416.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Another crap, dull, overcast start to the day for the western side of the country.

50 shades of grey continues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

SunSean Today and yesterday are a very fine couple of spring days here. 

Just a shame it didn't fall over the weekend and instead, when everyone is working.

markyo no moans from me today (a rarity 😆) 👍

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

What a stunning morning, crystal clear blue skies and even better than that it feels properly WARM. Walking to the station and no need for a jacket at all, just in a light shirt. Should hit about 18c/19c today. 14c already at 9am. 

IMG_2389.thumb.jpeg.fd2c2c85cc4a9b83b9a78e24eb019667.jpeg

• Like 2