Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Looks like we've topped out at 20.1c here in London, parts of sheltered southern coastal areas will be the top spots today, which makes sense since there is an offshore breeze from the north. Lots of long sunny spells all day. 

Warming up further during the week, possibly high 20's by the weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Low cloud cleared away in the last hour 🥳

current.thumb.jpg.364c809e57224515ebead4ea404f0a09.jpg

Just trimmed the hedge for the first time this year as well, earliest i've done it in the last 5 years or so. I usually do it towards the end of May; in 2021 trimmed it at the start of June so it's evident how early majority of the foliage has come out this spring.

• Like 2

Posted

Well it’s been the best day of the year by a mile. 20C breached officially just hoping it stays this way now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

*Stormforce~beka* I eat normally and don't starve myself but I'm a pretty skinny guy at just over 9 1/2 stone and I feel the cold, my BMI is 19 which is the lower end of normal weight but not classed as underweight. It's 20c in my house and only when it gets this high that I don't shiver to be honest. Only time I sweat is when it's a big heatwave!

I used to be 13 stone a few years ago and never felt cold at all back then, had to take my coat off in winter. That wasn't my natural weight though and never felt good because of it, as my mum and dad were both skinny. I gained that weight through depression and overeating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Fair bit of cloud bubbles up throughout the afternoon compared to earlier but nice and warm and still on and off sun so it could be a lot worse. 

This was also anticipated to be the worst day of the high so it should be only up from here

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

In Absence of True Seasons think there will be some sea fog rolling in overnight to some eastern areas, the forecast is for it to burn away pretty quickly but I've seen times in the past where it lingers for a lot longer, so that is my only concern for tomorrow. Hopefully it won't last long. 

Screenshot2024-05-07at17_16_49.thumb.png.26032803adf4614300836a89e57fb6ac.pngScreenshot2024-05-07at17_17_12.thumb.png.ef81779c359e85479b285ada1420401c.pngScreenshot2024-05-07at17_17_20.thumb.png.00b074b325708384daf0741b4bfc6bdc.png

• Insightful 1

Posted

After a rather cloudy start, this afternoon has been much brighter.  No rain since Friday evening!

• Like 1

Posted

After a cloudy and cool morning here quite a nice afternoon in the end - only around 17-18C but still feeling warm.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

*Stormforce~beka* Another beautiful day in Cloudshester, Cloudshire. 

Jokes aside, your area has genuinely been such a magnet for cloud the last 12-18 months. Wonder what the meteorology behind it is. It's not typical a particularly cloudy part of the UK. 

• Like 1

Posted

Dark Horse Your teeny like me. I'm 7st 5lb and 5ft 1. I'm only just in the normal range of BMI. I loose a lot of weight from running around after the kids and I'm really bad at meal skipping but trying to be better at this now!

• Like 1

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons Yea it's weird isn't it! I don't remember such a long time of it. It was fine til around 3pm then the cloud came. We'll see what tomorrow holds ... You still in sun?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

depends on height Dark Horse, I'm only 5'9 so classed as near average weight at 9st

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

I remember Atlantic 252 I know. I'm 5'10, you can do your BMI calculation here : 

WWW.NHS.UK

Check your BMI to find out if you're a healthy weight for your height, and get advice on what to do next. This BMI calculator is for people over 18 years old.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Body weight for sure affects temp tolerance. I used to be an underweight twink and then I needed like 23°C all the time indoors to be warm... ridiculous.

Now I'm 15-16 stone (not fat though) with muscle and I find 20°C too warm inside, and never need a coat outside even in 0-5°C in winter.... I have excellent cold tolerance but NO heat tolerance now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Met. We have indoors at 21c so not massive warm. And 19c at night. I am however right now wearing a thermal vest, long sleeve top and merino wool jumper 

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* I wouldn't say "sun" i.e. clear sky but there's big breaks in the cloud. Definitely not like that photo you just showed which is predominantly grey. 

I'd call it "mostly clear" in my area.

• Like 1

Posted
Posted (edited)

A decent start to May in my area. A bit on the cloudy side, but mostly warm and dry (except the 3rd). Different in other areas though

A bit like a May 2008 redux, just hopefully without a washout final third

Edited by baddie

Posted

Sunny all afternoon with the air warm enough for the first swift sightings of the year and four buzzards lazily circling on the thermals. Great for garden/outside jobs and plenty hot enough for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A much cooler day here with spells of useful rain of varying intensities. Gave me a day off slaving in the garden 😊

Posted

If May 2024 ends up wetter than average, but also warmer and sunnier than average, then I will say this was a good month

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Not sure if anyone has been looking at the weather down under recently but it’s been raining a lot in Sydney, almost every single day. They are getting the UK 2023 experience.

E679D9D5-8A25-4FCB-8870-5E7774BB4475.thumb.jpeg.ea85c5ecdd61ae6161507c1c4d4d7156.jpeg

• Insightful 1