Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

Met Office models are looking like a March 2020 repeat???? (Only if high pressure lingers after the equinox)

Edited by baddie

Posted

Vey nice here today, actually 20c now in living room with no heating on today. Pretty decent couple of days before temps go back to more normal, but the sun is getting higher every day and this time two weeks spring will have sprung.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

WYorksWeather who would wear shorts and t shirts at 13/14C anyway? That might be a pleasant winter temperature but it’s definitely not warm by any stretch of the imagination!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

cheese anything under 20° and I'm still wearing a light jacket, I only wear shorts once it gets to 30°.

March is the favourite to deliver a winter spell now, but I'm predicting it'll only last for a week at most before something much warmer arrives.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

It’s been another very mild day here with a high of 12°C, and it’s actually stayed dry for a change too.. Had some sunshine earlier on, but since mid afternoon it’s been really gloomy. Very light winds though so it has felt as mild as the temp. But it’s proving very difficult to get even one mild, dry and sunny day here this winter. I had one on December, where it was 12°C and mostly sunny all day, but that was a one off. This has been one of the dullest and wettest winters I can ever remember. It hasn’t been able to stay dry for longer than a deep breath and any sunshine has been a “blink and you’ll miss it affair”. There hasn’t even been many days this winter that have been average or cold with clear blue skies all day. Even in a typical mild and wet winter you’d normally get some sunny days with average or below average temps by day and frost at night.

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, cheese said:

who would wear shorts and t shirts at 13/14C anyway? That might be a pleasant winter temperature but it’s definitely not warm by any stretch of the imagination!

I have worn shorts and a t-shirt at that temp in the past in late March/April when it’s been clear blue skies and light winds. But the sun is much stronger by then so it feels warm. This current mild spell has been way too cloudy and the sun is still too weak for those temps to feel warm.

Posted

cheese I was responding to another post about whether the current temperatures are 'warm' or not, and agreeing that they're not quite warm, just 'not cold'.

I would say the the only exception to the shorts and t-shirt rule is if exercising. It's warm enough that you could play sport or go running outdoors in shorts and t-shirt, but that's all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

East Lancs Rain even in sunshine in July or August I would not be wearing t-shirts and shorts at 13C. Much too cold for that imo.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, mild/warm summers and varied shoulder seasons

Felt spring like today with 15c and sunshine. T shirt and jeans weather for me hiking wise. What I don’t get is why folks are still dressing like it’s a Jan cold snap in Winnipeg. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Catbrainz I was in North Devon last week and I saw a young couple strip down to swim shorts and bikini and run into the sea. It has to be a hot day in August for me to do that! I guess some people feel the cold more than others 🙂

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Just looked at the 12z ensembles over in the model thread. Deep joy - cold but likely not cold enough for snow, so not likely to please either cold or mild fans. Worse yet, no sign of any sustained rise in pressure this side of month's end, so we all get to enjoy bucketloads of cold rain. Deep joy...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

WYorksWeather I beg to differ...perfect tshirt and shorts weather!😉

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

WYorksWeather For me sadly not even remotely cool let alone cold...but i am at the extreme end regarding cold tolerance i must admit!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

March looking an absolute treat... 🫠

cfs-0-294.png cfs-0-390.png cfs-0-630.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

SunSean  too true, hopefully we have a good few dryer than average spring and summer months with lots of sun. 
We really have had the short end of the stick weather wise the past 8 months overall, can only hope our luck will change. I usually don’t get the bad rap England has weather wise but the past year I do.

Has anyone read and watched any thoughts on how this spring and summer could be like weather wise? Ie indicators? Give us some hope 🤭

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

MP-R yeah seriously I think I've got a screen shot on my phone from my cars dash temperature reading. 

I'll have a look through my photo gallery. 

Posted
11 hours ago, Frigid said:

This February is up there with one of the worst, if not THE worst I've ever experienced. Funny, as these were the charts a month prior.. complete opposite. For a time, it actually looked like it would be the coldest February since 2010.. of course what we're getting is one of the mildest on record. Reminds me of July 2023 which was supposed to be warm given the forecasts, but ended up being the complete opposite. Hilarious.

IMG_4529.png.9e993e2b187a5ee271e167e7d063a972.thumb.png.fc9467baddfac274cf38ed3a1ad171c4.png

I disagree.  I think the model was spot on - if you look at it upside down!! 🤣

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, cheese said:

even in sunshine in July or August I would not be wearing t-shirts and shorts at 13C. Much too cold for that imo.  

It would be very unlikely to only be in the low teens if sunny in the summer though, unless it’s in the early morning or late evening, when the sun would be low in the sky anyway. Whereas on a Spring day, conditions like that are very common, and it’s amazing how warm a 15C sunny day can feel in April or May. I guess it’s down to the sun’s strength combined with the fact that in spring my body is still used to winter temps, so 13/14C feels a lot warmer than it would do in July or August. In July and August though, it usually has to be high teens for me to feel comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt.

3 hours ago, Catbrainz said:

Felt spring like today with 15c and sunshine. T shirt and jeans weather for me hiking wise. What I don’t get is why folks are still dressing like it’s a Jan cold snap in Winnipeg. 

Definitely strange as if it was a month or two later with the same conditions, a lot more people would be dressing for spring. I saw many people wearing shorts and t-shirts during the February 2019 warm spell though, although admittedly it was a few degrees warmer and a lot sunnier (at least here anyway).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Grand day on the Yorkshire Wolds after the rain had cleared early morning, mild for a Feb day tbh, nice day to bring the old cars out of the garage for an airing and a start up on the drive, soon be car show time 🤞☺️👍🚘

• Thanks 1