Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

CharlieBear9 You mean the Sept heatwave last year? Yes it was quite something... 

I personally can handle heat well but that was on the very upper limits of my tolerance, especially for September. 

I'm quite happy with those temps if I'm sat at a pool bar on holiday in my shorts. When I have to get on the Tube for work and wear a suit....not so much 🥵

I did enjoy the sunshine hours though. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

reef we are at 52 hours here in Exeter and our average is I think 118 which we won’t achieve for March, it’s sunny right now but I think we’d need several clear blue days to the end of March to get to average 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

reef

I'm actually not surprised that it's one of the warmest March months on record. It's nearly always the case with this persistent pattern - temps of 10-14c, cloudy and wet. Yippee.

Same as February, the warmest on record, with "warm" from Oct to April just meaning mild/slightly chilly as opposed to cold/wintry, and unfortunately, very strongly correlated with a severe absence of clear and dry weather. 

On the face of it, one might think that a "warmest Feb" or "warmest March" on record would be a very pleasant month, but it seems to be the opposite. The additional warmth isn't actually warm, all it does it just makes things cloudier and wetter.

If we'd have had a more classic Feb and March with mixed conditions (sunny days, frosty days, some snow here and there, some rainy days, etc), the vast majority of people would have been far more content. Not just talking about NetWeather folk either. Been hearing a few comments from people at work in the kitchen about how dull and dark the weather has been, and a couple of my friends have commented on the amount of rain. 

Posted

TwisterGirl81 You'd need basically every single day for the remainder of March to deliver 7 / 8 sunshine hours, which...well, just is not going to happen lol. 

I wish we could've had another March 2022 situation where the final part of the month delivers a solid run of sunny, settled weather in the mid to high teens, but unfortunately that's not going to come to pass. 

It's a real shame as if there's any year that we need such a final third of March, it's this year. At least last year the dire March was preceded by a very sunny February. This March was preceded by a woeful Feb.

• Like 1

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons I usually try to see positives but I can’t, hoping this patterns shifts soon and we get some very sunny warm months, we are due after all these dull months we’ve had, never known anything like it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Lashing it down here, BBC site has said mostly sunny and 0% rain chance all day lol.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

CongletonHeat Yep, they've completely dropped the ball today. MetO too. I get that forecasting showers is often tricky, but that's exactly the circumstances in which you need to rely on the pros. If there's a massive band of frontal rain heading at me, even I can probably tell what's going to happen! I need the MetO etc to be substantially better than me for the *tricky* setups.

• Like 4

Posted

To have no drying influence from an anticyclone for so many consecutive months is incredible, I cannot remember a longer unsettled period than this, this weather pattern is extraordinary.

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

BBC forecast said dry all day, so naturally, we are having the heaviest rain in a week. I think a dead Octopus would do better at forecasting the weather. 

• Like 5

Posted

Cleared off to sun and cloud here now. Not as hazy as yesterday. Had to close the curtain though as its glairing off the back of the sofa blinding me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

another miserable cold snowy day today 🤮

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

In Absence of True Seasons back in Czechia until the 31st 👍🏻

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

1st to 20th March sunshine hours.

Another mostly dull one guys! 🌧☁️

Screenshot_20240321_164744_Sheets.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

SunSean Around half (or less) average sunshine hours for March, for the vast majority of folk. 

Not surprising. Dire indeed.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

cheeky_monkey Sounds lovely to me. Constant grey, middling boring temperatures, and seemingly endless months of rain as we have here...? That's garbage. Even a bit of variety wouldn't go amiss around these parts given what we've had, seemingly endless grey autumn since mid-October bar a very, very few days!

• Like 4

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons I would like to know what has caused this pattern since last July overall and if there’s any signs of it p I s s I n g off soon? Argh honestly April has got to be a good month surely, I don’t think many of us can take another poor month. I’d like to know who’s been having sunnier weather in the world at our expense lol 🥺

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 2

Posted

The pattern looks atrocious now right out until at least the first week of April. I think the best we'll get are three sunshine and showers days Friday to Sunday and then next week looks cyclonic and awful.

It would be a bit of a tragic irony if as our climate warmed, the UK got more wet, unsettled weather interspersed with very occasional warm, dry spells (i.e June and September). Still, with a record warm Atlantic there's plenty of moisture and energy to fire up those low pressures our way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1