Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

Methuselah How are temperatures going to rise when we are going to get snow after easter lol. I'm trying to pack for mil house! ANd don't know WHAT to pack!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

*Stormforce~beka* A Pakamac and some galoshes? 

PS: This outfit should do it!  image.thumb.png.00a946887455e5f7a06617bd6e3a4c6f.png

Edited by Methuselah
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

raz.org.rain Sounds like a recipe for the dullest summer on record.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

B87 I can see the potential for a record duration of hot days, but as you say with it being consistently humid and overcast, it would be rated as a pretty poor summer.

Meanwhile, more positive signs for April.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

raz.org.rain I couldn't deal with yet another poor summer, after a record wet autumn/winter/spring. 

We don't live in Norway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

B87 as far as I know, years such as 1995, 2003 and 2018 are still close analogues so far. I believe GavsWeatherVideos even suggested 2022 as an analogue. But years such as 1998 and 2016 are also suggested as analogues, so the analogues seem to be split on either a legendary hot and dry summer or a dull and wet (but still warm) summer. Personally I'd rather have a crossover of 2018 and 2022, but I'm not holding my breath. Knowing our luck, at some point in spring we'll see a flip and end up stuck in a persistently dry pattern for a year.

• Like 1

Posted

raz.org.rain Every single one of those analogue years had a dry and sunny August.

Posted

B87 I guess that's why I pay analogues no attention whatsoever: they're about useful as an igloo in the Sahara! 😁

• Like 5

Posted

B87 make that spring summer autumn winter and now almost half of spring again ...

• Like 1

Posted

Methuselah There was a time when analogues were useful (although hardly bullet proof).  However, I think with CC skewing things somewhat, has made them less reliable in recent times.

• Like 4

Posted

Don Absolutely agree, Don!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

danm  MP-R

This was our stats in Exeter for May and June last year, comfortably warm temperatures and lots of sun from mid May onwards, the first part of May was cool and fairly dull, the later half of the month really boosted the sunshine stats up.

The heating is well and truly on tonight, it’s feeling chilly, looked at the latest gfs run and it’s unrelenting rain the next 2 weeks, we can only hope the models change their tune. This surely must been one of the wettest periods since records began the past 6 months or so surely?

8E31E96A-400D-4290-8641-A4C68F16CF55.thumb.jpeg.cc0a5fc6a8e45011a27576155e63ca2a.jpeg 

88A3373F-8653-4EC3-A0AC-629932854135.jpeg

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Methuselah I haven't watched the video yet but all I know is that this is the face of a man who is not best pleased with the news he has to share! 😆

Screenshot_20240325-161053~2.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Looks like the SW has taken a pounding today. Must be soaking down there. 

• Like 2

Posted

danm  

it has been raining all day but lightly here, windy though and very cool, according to Exeter airport it’s recorded 7mm so far

• Like 1

Posted

The first time in rained on my birthday today in 10 years. At least the afternoon was dry although rather overcast. Felt more February-like rather than Autumnal, with the SE winds rather than SW

So many news headlines are saying Easter could be a washout. Reality is some showers and sunny spells on Good Friday and Saturday, and looking like Easter Sunday could be a dry and bright E'ly day. When they say "washout", doesn't that translate to band after band of rain or a Storm Babet repeat????

Posted

TwisterGirl81 looks like the heaviest rain is west of Exeter. Cornwall looks bad. Plymouth area too. 

Posted

danm no rain here; it was just dull, with the odd break in the cloud. 12c max, but the air felt colder. Grim.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

baddie it's just a term for clickbait news article title. In this instance meaning - "it'll rain over the Easter weekend". 

Same as when we get a couple of days in summer that go above 25c it's "Brits to bake this weekend in Saharan scorcher!" 

The Easter Weekend does look pretty grim though, imo!

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons

Posted

danm it usually is, Exeter seems to have a rain shadow around it hence why our annual rainfall figures are quite a lot lower than surrounding areas, I can only presume Dartmoor to our west has something to do with it  

Posted

TwisterGirl81 today looks like a stationary front has plonked itself just to the west of you. Non stop rain just from the west of Exeter to the tip of Cornwall. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

TwisterGirl81 when i lived in Exeter i worked for 3 years in Plymouth..often the weather would be utter garbage in Plymouth but when i got home it was fine and dry in Exeter esp in summer..have to say Plymouth can be pretty grim in the winter..often wet drab and grey and the weather is none too special either 

• Like 2