Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Cracking day so far, locally. Lots of sun, temperatures OK, a very pleasant feel to the day. Who knows how long it'll last, but 'living in the present', this is great...weather appropriate to the season! 

• Like 1

Posted

Another day of pleasant sunshine mixed in with clouds. Where’s all this rain we were forecast this week got to? It’s been mostly dry here so far this week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

It has felt like it's been raining for weeks now and many of us are looking for a prolonged dry spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Josh Rubio It's coming from later today, I think.

Yesterday was indeed sunnier and drier than I expected, and Saturday was astonishingly really sunny, but the synoptics for the next few days look much more grim.

To be fair the first two fronts seem to be coming through mostly overnight - tonight, then tomorrow night - so while tomorrow might be about as spring-like as Halloween, we might avoid the worst of the rain during daylight hours so it might avoid being a washout.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

danm So I guess if there's heavy rain from 7am to 8am it'll show heavy rain all day.

Not sure how you can really show a day that's half wet and half sunny though. Even the "shower icon" would give a false impression.

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons To be fair Easter weekend was a lot less dire than expected. The really bad weather was Friday until around mid-afternoon and Sunday after dark. Saturday, Sunday until around 7pm and Monday were all pleasant enough (Saturday spectacularly good given the synoptics - perhaps the sunniest day I've ever experienced with pressure < 1000mb).

A sign that slack, slow-moving lows could bring better weather than expected?

I am still writing off the whole of this week for "nice" weather though as it's very progressive with not even slow-moving lows on offer, so doubtless will offer nothing pleasant though we might get some dryish (if dull and a bit damp) weather during the day between frontal systems.

Some runs next week do bring back the slack lows though (and some even bring higher pressure, though not holding out hope on that) so a chance next week will be pleasant at times, perhaps.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

danm The BBC in general is more pessimistic than reality lol… hence why I’ve not bothered with it for the last 4 years. The fewer people that follow it the better.

At least as weather nuts we know where to look to get serious forecasts. 👌🏻

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Anyone on here still wanting this kind of weather? 🥶

stockholmsnow.thumb.png.61dd38856430a26189bac792541fe7df.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 minutes ago, cheese said:

oh yes please!😀

• Thanks 1

Posted

cheese no, it's way too late for that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

markyo Whilst I too do not want anything cold now and am looking forward to the 20+ Celsius days, it is interesting how mentioning that you want unseasonably warm weather during autumn doesn't batter an eyelid, but when mentioning that you want unseasonal cold in spring you are shot down for it. 

Personally, I don't like warm autumns any more or any less than cold springs. I like all four seasons to be seasonal.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Quite a lot of optimistic model outputs today. Even if they don't verify, at least they're showing up. It was honestly just flat out depressing when there was zero signs of any change in the ensembles so it's good to see hints of change.

• Like 4

Posted

It’s been a lot nicer start to April than expected. Yesterday afternoon was nice and today has been too. The forecast looks milder as well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

And surprise, surprise, it's raining yet again. When it comes to the weather, this country really is a s...t....ole   😡

• Like 3

Posted

Personally, I'd swap a degree or two in max temps in exchange for a slightly cooler and brighter settled period at the moment. 

While everything is sodden and the winds are up, it really negates the effect of any 'warmth' that might arrive relative to what we've endured lately.

Wish the jet stream would take the hint and naff off somewhere north of us. Preferably for about six or seven months.

• Like 2

Posted

March 2024 anomalies:

Warmer than average for most...

image.thumb.png.039077462676f47efb5031b90a7dd260.png

...wetter than average for many....

image.thumb.png.5723957e2d116ea8f371e98a84f88506.png

duller than average for most. Only above average for the far NW of Scotland...

image.thumb.png.239f0d8868172e6ea7cc00b64c32b5ad.png

And the actual values just for reference....

image.thumb.png.9ff4f1f3b096ffa75ac554968d89d40d.png

image.thumb.png.1b97ff07cdcd1908488d9ee191f63bcf.png

image.thumb.png.fb02f1c07841bee7459ece294b949c88.png

• Thanks 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Another unbelievably grim afternoon. More torrential rain, doesn’t matter whether it’s 10 or 15C just need a dry month or two now. 

• Like 1

Posted

It’s seems the West, South West and South seem to have been most affected by rain this week. Further north it hasn’t actually been too bad. Sunshine and showers. Though it looks like we are now starting to see rain approach from the south. 

Edited by Josh Rubio
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Rancid at Heathrow, just 11°C and raining, again 🤢 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun or Snow

danm So yet another month of double-the-usual rainfall for us here in Worcestershire. And reading those maps, whilst it's raining yet again, off the back of four days in a tent in North Devon for the Easter break which saw heavy rain and mud every single day, it really is depressingly-relentless at the moment; the worst I can remember it ever being in my 32 years of life. Had a little cry earlier when I opened the door to dry and go for an after-work run to be greeted with heavy rain yet again, door closed, straight into bed for a depression-fighting nap. Joining others who are praying/begging for it to please stop soon.

• Like 2

Posted

stainesbloke it's actually been a decent day today, lot's of sunny spells. Rain has set in now though. 

• Insightful 1

Posted
3 hours ago, cheese said:

Absolutely! 😉

Not gonna happen now until late November at the earliest and possibly not all next winter, away from high ground further north! 😒

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

cheese I'd rather have 15-20c and sunny, but failing that, I'd rather have snow than endless drizzly, dull dross. Far more interesting.

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Thanks 1