Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

danm Yet again London much sunnier than down here on the south coast.

The stats often say the south coast is the sunniest part of the UK, however I would dispute that in recent years. Seems to be very common that it's much cloudier here than places further east or northeast.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

LetItSnow! Yep… at 10-15C onto those uppers and you’ve got your surface temp. Lo and behold, 15-20C is looking standard 🤙🏼

Whats more unusual is the synoptic setup rather than the temperatures coming with it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Conditions are just about good enough here for a pint of Corona. Currently 15.3°C at East Malling, quite a bit of high cloud but the Sun is making it through.

20240405_180526.thumb.jpg.a48c4dd81cd71a1bfa27cbbaf3a890e6.jpg

Cheers to the first 20°C of the year tomorrow 🍺

I'm going with 21.7°C at Marham.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

SunnyG True, we've been paying for that ever since.

I will admit that May 13 to June 25 last year was amongst the best spells of weather I've experienced in the UK over a 6 week period. And of course it coincided with constant E and NE winds...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

tested new umbrella last night, the wind blew it, inside out within seconds

umbrella's won't like western Britain tomorrow

• Like 1

Posted

raz.org.rain It does show low pressure over parts of the Mediterranean, which to me would suggest cooler and wetter than normal there, so surprising to see some silly heat there.

A "cool" and "wet" summer in the Mediterranean is arguably even more important than a warm and dry one here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Summer8906 it owes to the theory that we're seeing absurd levels of atmospheric warmth lately. That there can be such a strong signal for low pressure over southeastern Europe but it does nothing to weaken the projected heat anomaly. Perhaps Greece will see some extremes this year, a mixture of extreme heat and the flash floods they had last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn
9 minutes ago, Summer8906 said:

It does show low pressure over parts of the Mediterranean, which to me would suggest cooler and wetter than normal there, so surprising to see some silly heat there.

Bear in mind lower than average pressure in the Med is still high and they can still expect their usual summer drought. There is very little variation in summer pressure levels there due to the subtropical ridge.

The pattern being shown here is a classic Azores high fest that would repeatedly deliver hot and humid conditions to Europe. Probably not what you want to see as this would insinuate SWly dominance unless it overextends and gets captured as a Scandi high, August 1995 style.

raz.org.rain The precip anomaly could also be indicative of a front- or backended summer, with two out of the three months being dry and hot and the other being less so and a bit wet. Considering this is post-Nino and we're currently in a wet spell I'd personally give more credence to the idea of a gradually building hot and dry summer with an average June, dry and hot July and very dry and very hot August, but this is just my personal wishcasting at this point because I have a thing for August-dominated summers. It could also just as easily be pointed to some kind of souped up 2010 or simply an overall hot and humid summer with a few heavy thunderstorms like 2019.

Edited by CryoraptorA303

Posted

Quite a nice day here once the cloud broke at lunchtime. Not perfect but decent even with the wind. Tomorrow could be a great day if the low to west stalls a bit. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

*Stormforce~beka* I've moved north now so the sun has followed me here and you've taken the cloud back down south! 🫡

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

CryoraptorA303 What happened to the head of that Corona!? Speaking of, I'm surprised you're a fan of Corona given you don't like Peroni

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons

Posted
1 hour ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

Last summer was a complete bust

Actually, it was fairly close to the mark on the whole. The devil was in the details. June was so abnormally above average that July and August were overall a bit muted.

1 hour ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

as was winter

They also got winter relatively correct, in fact they predicted it better than the mid-range forecasts over winter did. Countless times the mid ranges predicted colder turns, especially in the run up to February but the long terms had none of it. Again, the devil was in the details.

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons 

16 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

What happened to the head of that Corona!?

No idea, I've had a few of them do that.

16 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Speaking of, I'm surprised you're a fan of Corona given you don't like Peroni

It's a totally different taste to me, Corona has none of the nasty overcarbonated taste and it's nice and sweet, perfect for a warm or hot afternoon. I actually prefer it over San Miguel these days although I like both. When I first started drinking I thought Corona was nasty syrupy stuff, turns out the taste grew on me. SM is very malty and grassy and while that has it's place I do prefer Corona especially when it's not that hot, SM tastes best when it is seriously hot, like 32°C or higher.

The one form of Peroni I actually do like in the summer is the Capri version, that tastes like what standard Peroni aught to. Less of the nasty carbonation and more citrusy flavour like you'd expect a decent Mediterranean beer to be like.

Edited by CryoraptorA303
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
20 minutes ago, CryoraptorA303 said:

They also got winter relatively correct

Screenshot_20230317_081743_Chrome.thumb.jpg.68988adf01d28da92eebf36a727a247e.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

raz.org.rain So I am guessing we are in for an unsettled summer this year then.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

In Absence of True Seasons Corona is bland tasteless rubbish, akin to drinking cardboard, no wonder peeps stick a slice if lime in it....😂

Posted

Wold Topper Cardboard? I would have said wee (have to use synonym) but cardboard? That's a novel one 🙂 🙂

Edited by SunnyG
  • Like 1