Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Mapantz Uh, yes. The mid-terms were taking every chance they had to go with east NAO-, Greenland blocks, etc., but the long terms quite consistently stayed with the Atlantic cyclonic outlook.

Most of the cold winter talk was wishcasting based on the ENSO+/QBO- teleconnection that sadly didn't provide the goods. It was quite obvious we weren't going to see anything remotely cold by mid-January when that whole thing failed to materialise but the mid-terms again and again kept trying to go the high lat blocking route.

Virtually all of the long-term forecasts from November were completely garbage prospects that predicted a mild winter from miles off and we largely ignored it due to wishcasting and the aforementioned teleconnection.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
15 minutes ago, CryoraptorA303 said:

Uh, yes.

I must've dreamt about the oodles of charts posted at the beginning of Winter then? And the Winter 23/24 post mortem thread..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

SunnyG  I just say it as i see it, if u liquidised cardboard, it would taste as bland as Corona 😂

Posted

16c at 05.50 on 6th April.

Phew, what a scorcher😁

• Thanks 1

Posted

Mild but windy this morning, 13C here probably won’t change much apart from when the drizzle comes through in a few hours. Looks like we’ll also see zero sun today as well as cloud has already invaded from the south. 

Looking further ahead all of sudden the models seem hell bent on introducing a cold northerly, not ideal really.

Edited by Alderc 2.0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, cosy and stormy, cold and frosty, some snow

Almost fascinating weather today. Can’t think of any other time there has been such a combination of warm, sunny, and windy, let alone at this time of year! Has a late summer feel outside on my balcony this morning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Does feel weirdly warm outside. Shame it won’t really last but it’s got me hankering even more for warm weather 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Not sure what the fuss is about today- totally overcast & windy this morning. Perhaps it will get better later (although satellite shows tonnes more cloud incoming). Warm temperatures are completely irrelevant if its gonna be this gloomy & windy. 

I've seen many 20c+ days in April & this one is nothing special so far- where's the sun!?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

sunny_vale Yeah, I agree, it is interesting! I don't like it - too warm! - but the weirdness of the combined pattern is interesting to note. Feels like another strand of the more 'unusual' weather episodes that seem increasingly common these days...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
26 minutes ago, SunSean said:

I've seen many 20c+ days in April & this one is nothing special so far- where's the sun!?

You’ll get a taste of Spring/early summer in the east/south east over the weekend.  Spare a thought for those of us in the west where it’s business as usual;

IMG_1016.thumb.jpeg.cd9fdf8d43f35fb774d03189dcbb5ba7.jpeg

At least I can be warm when admiring the grey skies I suppose!

Posted

AWD Feels more like an early October day here with the grey sky & wind, definitely not a Spring/Summer feel. Temperature is fine but kinda redundant without any sunshine.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

SunSean It’s kinda like an April version of some of the dry warm windy days in December 2015.

Nice to not need a coat but not entirely springlike.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp shot up to 17.3°C at 2:41am. Warmer than it is now.

Screenshot_20240406_102134_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.69fff0381361ed8936d212f2e24563c4.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

MP-R Yeah it's pretty rubbish so far & if anything, it's getting even cloudier & windier.

Amazing that since July 2023, no matter what the temperature is, what airflow direction, what pressure type, it's always constantly cloudy. I swear Southerly airflows used to be sunny back in the day!

Since we've had 20 out of the last 22 months above 50mm of rain (this month included as it will be), nothing other than 20 out of the next 22 months being sunnier than average will do.

• Like 2

So yesterday the sun was shining for a change but was blowing a gale to stop anyone really enjoying it,.and today should bring the first 20 degrees of the year but we're covered in grey Atlantic muck. This country really is the pits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

SunSean  Same here it’s completely overcast which completely overshadows the warmth. Was expecting sun today as well. What a bust.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
6 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

As expected temps stuck at 14C in the gusty conditions, been the same all week

Yeah it's not even warm down here really, no different feel to the week gone just a bit windier. It'll be one of those days that starts warm ish but doesn't go any higher.

• Like 1

Posted

With a duller than average February and March, when do you all think the next sunnier than average month will be?

Edited by Jonnoramo87
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

SunSean Yeah this southerly of sorts is far too cyclonic. Given how cyclonic, I suppose it’s fortunate there’s not much rain around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Jonnoramo87 May. 

Little chance for April, due to the likely dullness of the first 10 days: the second half would have to be very sunny indeed.

Edited by Summer8906