Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Tomorrow looking like another decent day across central and eastern areas. Should get up to between 16c and 19c in some spots.

Screenshot2024-04-29at18_01_20.thumb.png.67f63b9b0d849a108fa953e54ecdff9f.pngScreenshot2024-04-29at18_08_21.thumb.png.a527c08e0f46baea6ea4de53306023e4.png

Edited by danm
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, cosy and stormy, cold and frosty, some snow

I understand the 'jam tomorrow' feeling. I have to say though that there hasn't been such continued consensus for an improvement even in the medium term for a very long time. Often these spells do get pushed back a bit until they arrive 2 or 3 days after the initial signals suggested. Nothing set in stone by any means but I'm a lot more hopeful than I have been at all this year that things will start to improve significantly by early next week. 

• Like 2

Posted

Western England looks more likely to enjoy some sunshine tomorrow. It felt quite cold today, I was as far east as Abingdon, and with so much cloud and wind, I needed my winter hat most of the day. Temps were held back, 13 to 14c, not remotely warm in the strong breeze, and only sporadic sunshine.

Definitely better than any day last week though!

Edited by richie3846
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Nice day today, especially the afternoon, hopefully this is a sign of change 🌞

Would be funny if we go from what we've had straight to recording the hottest and among the sunniest May on record, April/May 2020 style 🤣 I wouldn't put it past this climate.

Makes you wonder how hot a June version of May 2020 would get, surely it'd reach 33-34°C towards the end of the month and challenge 2023 for hottest on record overall? I'm aware that May 2020 actually didn't have overwhelmingly warm nights however high SSTs and the extremely short nighttime could start to turn the tide on this with a May 2020 setup by late June perhaps.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

*Stormforce~beka* It's just as nice here, it's been nice all day but especially since around five 🌞

• Thanks 1

Posted

Looks like BH weekend is going to turn out to be another stinker, not a drowning by any means but you can’t do much with 12-15C, 100% cloud and occasional rain. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Real shame about the downgrades as this week progresses. Tomorrow looking the only decent day now, and mostly dross from Wednesday onwards. Fri-Sun gone from 18-20c and mostly dry and sunny to 15/16c and predominantly cloudy with showers. 

Not surprised, but disappointing nonetheless especially as the primary bulk of the unsettled spell looks like it's going to land smack-bang during the peak of the BH weekend, and then soon as everyone is back to work the following week, the warm, sunny, dry weather (which was originally forecasted to be *on* the weekend) will land. Classic. 

Posted

Gone are the 21s and 20s now showing a solitary max of 17 in ten days time.

I give up. F**k this wretched climate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

*Stormforce~beka* Yes I would not be shocked if the predicted sunny settled spell gets pushed back to another "10 days away" but I'm speaking - however foolishly - of the forecasts as they stand lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

I was thinking of having a family BBQ this weekend but I’ve no idea if I will with the uncertainty. I know they’re apps but how can they be THAT different?

IMG_1457.thumb.jpeg.a9c057f9bff62e6b296ac3270ed80a7e.jpeg

IMG_1458.thumb.jpeg.470a3031f8f892b7c381301820f1099b.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

This year is reminding me very much like a worse version of 2023 with all the settled sunny weather modelled 7-10 days away constantly downgrading!

7tuk51.jpg

7tujsb.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Northwest NI Different models. Next weekend is still quite distant in terms of forecasting and different models will come up with different answers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
38 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Fri-Sun gone from 18-20c and mostly dry and sunny

When was it ever really showing that for the weekend? It’s always looked iffy 

• Like 1

Posted

CryoraptorA303 I think very low chance of true heatwave territory. A very tall order so early in the year. As your heatwave thread shows though - not completely unprecedented.

The thing I've actually noted more so than any intense heat is that most of the ensembles just show temperatures to just be persistently warm on average. Not necessarily even all that warm by day, but if we get e.g. maxima near 18C or so and minima near 10C that's all you need for a very warm start to the month. 

I do think we may see an intense heat spike (in my prediction for May I pencilled that in for the last third of the month), but I think persistently moderately warm and humid with a fair bit of showery rain is probably the likely option for the next 10 days or so. I do think there will be drier interludes though especially next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

danm well it was yesterday on the week ahead forecast from the BBC 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

Posted

In terms of how things have been here unfortunately somewhat the inverse of those of you further south. A relatively decent start to the day with a hint of sunshine, but it's unfortunately turned breezy and heavily overcast with a thick sheet of low to mid level cloud this evening. I've actually come down with a bit of a cold which probably hasn't helped my mood but it's objectively another poor day here.

Tomorrow possibly has occasional showers here but much forecast brighter and warmer after a max of only around 13-14C today. Hopefully the 19C in the forecast from both my weather app and from UKV comes off.

Posted

danm had it on my phone apps as of yesterday and the day before. Although as we know those apps aren't the most reliable