Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

With the last 2 days of April both recording 10 hours of sun, we will close April with 139 hours (78% of average). It also means that the 1959 sunshine comparison is still alive.

Jan: 76 vs 77

Feb: 55 vs 53

Mar: 104 vs 103

Apr: 139 vs 139

In 1959, every month from May to September saw over 200 hours of sun, with May-Aug all seeing over 220 hours each.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

121 hours of sunshine for April here. 65% of the average. Very poor!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

MP-R Yeah, I do remember quite a long run of fairly sunny days but it only reached around 21°C each day, which to me isn’t overly warm in August. Though with my memory at the moment, I could be mixing years up 😬 

Posted

stainesbloke That sounds more like August 2007, which was cool and breezy. August 2009 was slightly warmer, drier and duller than average.

Av max: 23.9c

Rainfall: 39.6mm

Sun: 188 hours

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

stainesbloke Could’ve been 2007 or 2011, although the latter wasnt sunny.

Here’s 2009:

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Résumé mensuel des observations météo ( températures minimales et maximales, précipitations et ensoleillement) de la station...

Edited by MP-R
Link Error
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Today now looking to end up a bit better than forecast in my area. Cloud (should be) clearing later on for about 18c the high.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

MP-R it was 2007, got my years mixed up! 🙄 

Posted

Heading back to a warm Czechia this morning for 10 days or so, it’s a very gloomy start at Heathrow and feeling chilly

• Like 2

Posted

Aaaand back go the grot. We can't manage more than two sunny days in a row.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Mist is burning back to leave another lovely sunny morning, thunderstorms possible overnight too, exciting times!

• Like 1

Posted

Grey, gloomy, 9c. Showers due soon and poss heavy stuff this eve.

1 week to go😎👍🍻 fuert

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

SunnyG Indeed. Should be better by mid afternoon, but yeah, 48 hours max of clearish weather at a time is about as much as we manage in the era of Spring 2024

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
Posted (edited)

B87 I am surprised by that. As a continental location with just about zero maritime influence, I would have expected Edmonton to be a few degrees warmer than London. I'd have guesstimated a mean max of about 25C.

I guess what happens though is that in Edmonton the majority of days are around 25-27C, but occasional direct arctic northerlies produce a few days of around 12C even in July - and that forces the mean max down. In London not only are hot days rare, but also really cool summer days too.

I have spent a couple of weeks in Montreal in summer, which admittedly has considerably more maritime influence than Edmonton. Nonetheless there were one or two days of cool weather (well below 20C) when a northerly got in, even though most days were in the 23-29C range.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

We had 72% of average April sunshine in Exeter, the third month in succession of below average, though we see to have had very roughly speaking 80% of our average monthly rainfall…small mercies I guess. We’ve had so many below average sunshine months the past year or so…hopefully this pattern will flip to something more positive soon 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
Posted (edited)

Well it's a typical May day for Christchurch, NZ, I guess.

(EDIT: the weather is incredibly better in Christchurch, NZ for the next week. Some rain today otherwise fair or sunny, according to Google, and similar temperatures to here).

Completely overcast, poor light and might rain later. Could pass for Nov 1st if the leaves weren't on the trees. Same old same old conditions that we've endured for more than 10 months now.

So will this be the 11th wet month on the trot and the 8th dull month of the past 11 (Sep, Nov and Jan having reasonable sunshine totals) or might things change?

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Looking forward to your sunshine figures @SunSean

Also does @alexisj9 still post, not seen any posts from her in a long while? Hope she’s ok 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Posted (edited)

Summer8906 According to Environment Canada, Edmonton airport averages 89.8 days per year above 20c, 2.6 days above 30c.

London averages about 105 days above 20c, 4.7 days above 30c. London also gets 35c days more often. It just appears that London is warmer throughout the summer.

Screenshot_20240501_100125_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.42a0efef731385932d805d6985c31b6b.jpg

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Whilst we wait for Spring & summer to arrive, here’s a happy thought…..

It’s 4 months until meteorological Autumn starts.  We haven’t exited last years yet!!  😁🙄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
Posted (edited)

Back to the cloud this morning, although it should hopefully clear up this afternoon. Lights winds, dry and feels mild out there, so perfectly useable. 

Edited by danm

Posted
Posted (edited)

B87 Very surprising, one would think Edmonton with its extremely continental location would have a much higher frequency of very warm or hot days. Hot air from the Gulf of Mexico can penetrate up there completely unencumbered over the Plains, presumably, without any moderating cool-ocean influence.

And cloud amounts are presumably much less, hence more sunshine, hence higher temps even without a supply of hot air.

Wonder how the 25C days compare?

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
Posted (edited)

AWD Maybe meteorological Autumn will be the driest and sunniest season of this year.

We are overdue a good October, the last reasonably decent one was 2018. And the last time we had a truly settled September was 2014. So, maybe this year...

And then the coldest winter since 2009/10. That might just about make up for the dross we've endured for the past 10 months...

Edited by Summer8906

Posted

Dry here this morning and fairly bright although again, not particularly sunny.