Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Just hoping to see some sunshine , feels like a November day..?.😢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

doesn't here! warmest trip I think I've had in last 7 months to Lichfield/King's Bromley, felt like proper Spring

tomorrow though pants! back to wind/rain and 12 degrees, like many days in Dec to Feb

• Like 1

Posted

I wonder if I’ll ever put away my coat 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

TwisterGirl81 My issue is that it's perpetually a "next week" situation. It's been "next week" for most of 2023 and 2024 abc. But that "next week" never comes, or when it does, it's either A) a significant downgrade from what was expected/promised, or B) just generally lackluster conditions anyway. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Posted (edited)

markyo the hilarity begins nowhere has been warmer than your average lounge along with dew points to match of 10-13C 😂😂😂

Meanwhile the heating is firmly on here trying to get the lounge up to luxurious temperatures of 21-22C

Edited by Alderc 2.0
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.
Posted (edited)

B87 So you've given up on June?

ANYWEATHER Feels more like a June 2012 or 2016 day to me (due to the daylight of sorts extending until almost 9pm), though to be honest that's little more cheery than a November day...

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

StingJet Indeed. It's not only pedantic in terms of the whole "but the stats show..." discussion, but just outright disingenuous. 

He said "April has been normal". 

Well, firstly, April is inherently a very varying month so "normal" is a loose term to use here. 

Secondly, no, it literally hasn't been, lol. 50-70% average sunshine hours and significantly above average rainfall in pretty much every region. Zero frosts whatsoever (abnormal for April), and no real burst/s of properly sunny Spring warmth days (which in my area happen nearly every April). 

If 10-13/15c and overcast nearly every day is "normal" for April, then sure, but it's not. Normality (and reality of experiencing weather) goes way beyond C.E.T averages. April is classically a month of changeable and mixed conditions but generally bright and Springlike. This April was not that. The main thing that changed was shades of grey. Little else.

Said my piece 😆

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

SunnyG Yep. Meanwhile, it's 7.45pm in early May and we are looking (and feeling) like 3.30pm in early December lol.

Think I'll have to dig out my winter gloves for tomorrow. Bloody cold.

PXL_20240502_184813938.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.
Posted (edited)

markyo Indeed. My preference is always for low-DP, low humidity air.

What we have at the moment is humid grot, cold days but warm nights as the temp flatlines through the whole 24 hours. Very reminiscent of the start of June 2016, a spell when the days were bone-chillingly cool but the evenings and nights were oppressively warm, and of course it was very, very dull. Quite synoptically similar to the present, if I remember right.

Much nicer would be something like 21C max, 5C min. Proper healthy mid-to-late spring weather.

And ironically after months of unseasonable mild, as soon as we want daytime warmth, it remains elusive.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 2

Posted

Just been to the chippy in my winter coat 🧥 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way
Posted (edited)

*Stormforce~beka* 
Bless you Becka ,   reminds me of the old adage 

image.thumb.png.29b013bbe153aae204ba5b06be01ad3c.png

Not sure what "until summer has fully arrived"  means

Edited by StingJet
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Forecasts are going for a similar spell of weather next week, but I feel they're undercooking the temperatures. Sunny, very faint straight southerly breeze but only 19°c? I suspect it'll get closer to low mid twenties.

Posted

I met a mate this afters, for a few bevvies and a 5.30 burger and fries; we both turned up in layers more akin to January.....on 2nd May, for flock's sake🙄

Anyone know when this global warming kicks in, for here?😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

raz.org.rain 19C and sunny would not be similar to this week here! (except Tuesday morning/midday).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Sat here with the woodburner on tickover, the van thermometer  was showing 11 degrees at lunchtime .  To say this is getting tedious has to be the understatement of the year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Posted (edited)

Bristawl Si I know what @markyo means: this kind of weather (or more precisely, what it was like this morning before the wind got up - i.e still, humid and damp) can cause smells to hang around in the air rather than wafting away in the wind or dispersing due to sun or dry air.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
Posted (edited)

Been a beautiful day here. I think it was 19C with sunny skies with some haze at times. Tuesday was similar and yesterday was decent until the afternoon rain so the best three days in a row of the spring here. 

Initially surprised to see the complaining about today on here but then I looked and there’s been a real shocking north/south divide with the midlands being on the better side.

Edited by TheOgre
  • Thanks 1

Posted

markyo mate get yourself to Wiltshire it’s been 7c/8c with a strong cold Easterly since about 16.00! You would be in heaven! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Horrible  8 months or so. So hope we snap out of this soon. I remember reading a few years ago about when the sun goes quiet(to the norm) as it has and is doing since 2009 to 2060(forecasts ) that Europe becomes cooler and wetter.😬

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
45 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

ust been to the chippy in my winter coat

Spam Fritter & chips?

Cod & Chips?

Battered Sausage & Chips?

Cheesey Chips with a pickled egg?

The suspense is killing me, what did you get Beka?  😁

• Thanks 1