Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model banter and emotions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Still people , not prepared to let the cold go now . Snow on hill or mountaintops won’t float the boat for most people in here . Spring Cold is different to Winter cold . Anyway more warm spring days ahead even though it’ll be washed down with some cold rain 😩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
20 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Still people , not prepared to let the cold go now .

Mind you would people be willing to let the warm go on 16 August?

It's not just the winter, it's the fact that summer and autumn were also dominated by mild dull damp Atlantic mush. Many people are desperate for a change after 8 months of near-continuous dull, damp gloom!

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 6

Posted

I normally go from winter preference to summer around mid March, this year Ive totally given up on Winter already. Given my location, I have to accept mid Feb is mid March in the 00's. Just want some sun now, not fussed about temperature for the next month or so. My lawn is ridiculous for Mid Feb, 1stly its too wet to cut and secondly I would be just too embarrassed doing it this time of year..it i had a quiet mower I would do it at midnight!

Edited by KTtom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

The chase has moved onto possible northern blocking and another SSW in March but two points:

- It's entirely likely that such a northern blocking will yet again be too far north to affect us.

- A SSW isn't a guarantee of cold whatsoever.

Rather dismally, even if we did get the perfect setup for cold weather, it's unlikely to deliver anything exceptional at this point so we'll more than likely end up with cold rain and wind.

All of that depends on whether or not the models decide to stick with this garden path or do another u-turn.

Posted

raz.org.rain unfortunately the garden path has now come up against a brick wall...Spring! Some still thinking of March in the 80's etc...my personal opinion is there is no chance of low level snow for England and Wales in March these days let alone the back end.

Edit: Just realised this is the wrong thread 🤐

Edited by KTtom
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

See some people are still looking for snow, good luck to them if that floats your boat, personally, I just want it to dry up for about 6 months. This poxy rain is really starting to get on my f****** nerves. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted

I think the only saving grace of the potential upcoming SSW is that it'll more than likely be the final one for this year. The final warming usually occurs in April, so I guess it's better that we get it out of the way now and not worry about a sudden spring wrecker later in the season!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Climate Change would appear to be hastening the redundancy of the chasing cold thread............it just doesn't bear thinking about  😎🙃

• Like 1

Posted

knocker this upcoming cooler spell could very well demonstrate this when the supposedly ideal synoptics struggle to deliver anything other than average for the time of year.

• Like 1

Posted

I think it's now safe to declare a snowless winter for me this time around, first one for quite a number of years. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Some notably warm outliers turning up, who wants to bet they'll grow into something that could verify? That seems to have been the way with previous holy grail synoptics, the first death knell was the mild outliers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia

Is anyone else not looking forward to the consequences of this happening so late?

image.thumb.png.708be12db8f23ae1cee68697b4ea87b6.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia

raz.org.rain The SSW, and any subsequent impacts on us, will be in spring...

Edited by Rain All Night
  • Like 1

Posted

Rain All Night from what I understand, the predicted date for this SSW could potentially be the record earliest for a late season SSW (could be wrong on that). Either way, it's effects on our weather aren't guaranteed. The models are showing a growing appetite for an Azores high, so who knows, maybe they're picking up on an early spring on the back of an SSW.

Posted

A few days later and it's looking like there's strong support for a return to much milder weather after this current spell passes. There's nothing particularly cold in the extended, but nothing fabulously warm and dry either from what I can tell. 

• Like 2